|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who completely loses their temper when the person who is stealing food is caught?
(b) Mrs. Frank.
(d) Mr. Frank.
2. Who argues the most in the hiding place?
(a) The Franks.
(b) Mr. Dussel and Peter.
(c) The Van Daans.
(d) Anne and her mother.
3. What does Anne tell Peter she wants to be when she grows up?
(a) An actress.
(b) A writer.
(c) A journalist.
(d) A counselor.
4. What time is Anne told to be in bed by after her visit with Peter?
(a) 8:00 pm.
(b) 9:30 pm.
(c) 8:30 pm.
(d) 9:00 pm.
5. What does Miep bring as a New Year's present?
(a) Some ale.
(b) Ice cream.
(c) Juice and cookies.
(d) A cake.
6. What does Mr. Kraler need an operation for?
(a) A heart defect.
(c) An indigestion problem.
7. What does Peter beg of Anne as she leaves their visit after talking about kissing?
(a) To let him kiss her.
(b) To stay happy.
(c) To live her dreams.
(d) To visit again.
8. What does Anne say is happening to the world that causes this horrible time?
(a) Giving way to evil.
(b) Going through a phase.
(c) Preparing for a dirge.
(d) Purging itself.
9. Who threatens to kill herself out of the stress in the apartment?
(a) Mrs. Van Daan.
(b) Mrs. Frank.
10. What month does the last scene in the play take place?
11. What does Mr. Van Daan give Miep to sell after the New Year's treat?
(a) Mrs. Van Daan's coat.
(b) His leather luggage.
(c) His woolen robe.
(d) Anne's necklace.
12. Who does Mr. Dussel lay the blame on if they are found in their hiding place?
(b) Mr. Frank.
13. What does Mr. Frank say calmed him at the end of the play?
(a) Being in familiar surroundings.
(b) Anne's spirit.
(c) The facts.
(d) A calm conscience.
14. Why does Mr. Kraler think one of the workers has asked for a raise in pay?
(a) He needs more money.
(b) He knows about the hiders.
(c) He is hiding Jews at his house.
(d) He suspects a chance for blackmail.
15. What does Anne think would help comfort Peter while in hiding?
(b) Good parents.
(c) A friend.
(d) His cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Frank tell Margot she is lucky?
2. Where do Anne and Peter have their visits together?
3. What does Mr. Van Daan chastise Peter for on the Friday when Miep doesn't come to them?
4. What does Mr. Frank ask of everybody he meets when he is first released from the second concentration camp?
5. What does Margot tell Anne she is jealous of?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)