|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter say he hates most about being in hiding?
(a) The isolation.
(b) The uncertainty.
(c) The waiting.
(d) The fighting.
2. What month does the last scene in the play take place?
3. What is taking some of the food from the pantry?
(b) Peter's cat.
4. What does Anne tell Peter has changed about her since she came into hiding?
(a) She is more educated.
(b) She is more serious about life now.
(c) She has less hope for her future.
(d) She is more introverted and shy.
5. Who completely loses their temper when the person who is stealing food is caught?
(c) Mrs. Frank.
(d) Mr. Frank.
6. Who is caught stealing food?
(a) Mrs. Van Daan.
(b) Mr. Dussel.
(d) Mr. Van Daan.
7. What does Anne think would help comfort Peter while in hiding?
(a) Good parents.
(c) His cat.
(d) A friend.
8. What is the validation for the person who is caught stealing food?
(a) He was hiding it to make it last longer.
(b) She had been sick.
(c) He was a bigger man.
(d) She was giving it to her child.
9. What is the name of the second concentration camp that Mr. Frank is sent to?
10. How long has it been since Miep has last visited the families when they begin to worry after the invasion on Normandy?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 9 days.
(c) 7 days.
(d) 5 days.
11. Who tells the police where the hiding place is?
(a) Mrs. Kraler.
(b) The thief.
(c) The secretary.
(d) A worker.
12. Who does Mr. Dussel lay the blame on if they are found in their hiding place?
(a) Mr. Frank.
13. What is the last word Anne writes in her diary?
14. What does Peter say he can live with now when the police arrive?
15. What does Mr. Frank say calmed him at the end of the play?
(a) A calm conscience.
(b) Being in familiar surroundings.
(c) Anne's spirit.
(d) The facts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter say makes the situation more bearable for him?
2. What does Peter ask Miep to look for on the streets when she brings a New Year's present?
3. Why does Mr. Dussel say he wants Mrs. Frank to divide the New Year's treat Miep brought them?
4. What does Mr. Van Daan try to take when Anne storms off to her room?
5. What is Miep doing when the Franks are captured?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)