|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Frank hug when Miep brings good news on the day the food thief is caught?
(a) Mr. Frank.
(b) Mrs. Van Daan.
(c) Mr. Van Daan.
2. What does Peter do before Anne visits him during the day?
(a) Cleans up.
(b) Gets out his art supplies.
(c) Gets dressed.
(d) Paces the floor.
3. What month is Mr. Frank freed from the second concentration camp?
4. Who complains most about Anne and Peter's visits together?
(a) Mrs. Frank.
(c) Mrs. Van Daan.
(d) Mr. Dussel.
5. What kind of food is left when the person is caught stealing?
6. What month does Act 2 start out in?
7. What does Anne think would help comfort Peter while in hiding?
(a) Good parents.
(b) A friend.
(d) His cat.
8. How does Mr. Frank say Anne felt in the first of her time at the concentration camp?
9. Who catches the person who is stealing food?
(a) Mr. Frank.
(b) Mrs. Frank.
10. Who is caught stealing food?
(a) Mr. Van Daan.
(c) Mr. Dussel.
(d) Mrs. Van Daan.
11. What is taking some of the food from the pantry?
(c) Peter's cat.
12. What does Mr. Frank say calmed him at the end of the play?
(a) Being in familiar surroundings.
(b) A calm conscience.
(c) The facts.
(d) Anne's spirit.
13. Who does Anne say will always prevail in the world?
(a) The God minded people.
(b) People who are good at heart.
(c) The people who know how to believe.
(d) People who are filled with love.
14. What is Anne's sweet secret?
(a) Her relationship with her father.
(b) Her changing body.
(c) Her diary.
(d) Her inner peace.
15. What worries the hiding families most about the Friday when Miep doesn't show up?
(a) There are no workers.
(b) There are police outside the building.
(c) There are sounds of bombing.
(d) The phones are ringing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Van Daans not leave the country when Mr. Van Daan first wants to?
2. What does Anne tell Peter has changed about her since she came into hiding?
3. What does Peter ask Miep to look for on the streets when she brings a New Year's present?
4. What does Miep bring as a New Year's present?
5. What is the last word Anne writes in her diary?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)