|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who will now cook for the person who was caught stealing food?
(b) Mrs. Frank.
(c) Mrs. Van Daan.
2. Why does Mr. Kraler think one of the workers has asked for a raise in pay?
(a) He is hiding Jews at his house.
(b) He knows about the hiders.
(c) He suspects a chance for blackmail.
(d) He needs more money.
3. Why does Mr. Van Daan begin crying when Miep brings the good news on the day the food thief is caught?
(a) He fears they will be caught.
(b) He is ashamed of stealing.
(c) He is grateful it will be over soon.
(d) He is exhausted and starving.
4. What is the name of the man who gives the families vegetables?
5. What does Peter do before Anne visits him during the day?
(a) Cleans up.
(b) Gets out his art supplies.
(c) Gets dressed.
(d) Paces the floor.
6. What does Mr. Frank say about Anne when he finishes reading her diary?
(a) "She puts me to shame."
(b) "This is my doing."
(c) "I miss her."
(d) "What a marvel."
7. What is the validation for the person who is caught stealing food?
(a) She was giving it to her child.
(b) He was hiding it to make it last longer.
(c) She had been sick.
(d) He was a bigger man.
8. What is the last word Anne writes in her diary?
9. What is Anne's sweet secret?
(a) Her relationship with her father.
(b) Her diary.
(c) Her changing body.
(d) Her inner peace.
10. What month is Mr. Frank freed from the second concentration camp?
11. What does the person who is most upset about the food theft want to have happen to the food thief?
(a) Thrown out of the apartment.
(b) A written apology and confession to Miep.
(c) Monetary payment for the stolen food.
(d) A vow to never do it again.
12. What does Margot tell Anne she is jealous of?
(a) Anne's reason to get up in the morning.
(b) Anne's youth.
(c) Anne's friendship with Peter.
(d) Anne's hope and innocence.
13. Where is the first concentration camp that Anne is held at?
14. Who does Mrs. Frank hug when Miep brings good news on the day the food thief is caught?
(a) Mr. Van Daan.
(b) Mrs. Van Daan.
(c) Mr. Frank.
15. Who tells the police where the hiding place is?
(a) Mrs. Kraler.
(b) The secretary.
(c) The thief.
(d) A worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Frank tell Margot she is lucky?
2. What does Miep bring as a New Year's present?
3. How does Anne say she escapes her prison in hiding?
4. Who does Anne say will always prevail in the world?
5. Where is the person caught stealing food forced to stay after the confrontation?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)