|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of food is left when the person is caught stealing?
2. What does Peter do before Anne visits him during the day?
(a) Paces the floor.
(b) Gets out his art supplies.
(c) Gets dressed.
(d) Cleans up.
3. What special item of clothing does Anne wear when she visits Peter?
(a) The star of David.
(b) Margot's hat.
(c) White gloves.
(d) A silk scarf.
4. Where is the first concentration camp that Anne is held at?
5. What subject in school is Peter best at?
6. Who does Mrs. Frank hug when Miep brings good news on the day the food thief is caught?
(a) Mr. Frank.
(c) Mr. Van Daan.
(d) Mrs. Van Daan.
7. Why does Mr. Van Daan begin crying when Miep brings the good news on the day the food thief is caught?
(a) He is ashamed of stealing.
(b) He is grateful it will be over soon.
(c) He is exhausted and starving.
(d) He fears they will be caught.
8. What does Peter say he hates most about being in hiding?
(a) The isolation.
(b) The uncertainty.
(c) The waiting.
(d) The fighting.
9. What does Anne think would help comfort Peter while in hiding?
(b) Good parents.
(c) A friend.
(d) His cat.
10. Where is the person caught stealing food forced to stay after the confrontation?
(a) Her sewing corner.
(b) The den.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) His room.
11. Who gives the person caught stealing food money to find a new hiding place?
(a) Mr. Dussel.
(b) Mrs. Frank.
(d) Mr. Frank.
12. What word does Anne use to describe her father at the end of her diary?
13. What does Mr. Frank ask of everybody he meets when he is first released from the second concentration camp?
(a) If they could give him work.
(b) If they had seen the man who imprisoned him.
(c) If they had news of his family.
(d) If Mr. Van Daan was alive.
14. What does Anne loan Peter to decorate his room with?
(b) Pictures of movie stars.
(c) A menorah.
(d) Paper snowflakes.
15. What does Anne tell Peter she wants to be when she grows up?
(a) A writer.
(b) A journalist.
(c) A counselor.
(d) An actress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Margot been sick with during the winter?
2. Who divides the remaining food after the person stealing food is caught?
3. Who tells the police where the hiding place is?
4. What does Mr. Frank say Anne liked about the first concentration camp?
5. What alerts the families to the police coming in?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)