|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter say makes the situation more bearable for him?
(a) His cat.
(c) His art.
2. Why does Mrs. Frank tell Margot she is lucky?
(a) She has faith.
(b) She is not expected to work.
(c) She is not dead.
(d) She has her family.
3. Who threatens to kill herself out of the stress in the apartment?
(b) Mrs. Van Daan.
(c) Mrs. Frank.
4. What does Anne tell Peter she wants to be when she grows up?
(a) A counselor.
(b) A journalist.
(c) An actress.
(d) A writer.
5. Why does Mr. Kraler think one of the workers has asked for a raise in pay?
(a) He knows about the hiders.
(b) He is hiding Jews at his house.
(c) He suspects a chance for blackmail.
(d) He needs more money.
6. What feeling leaves Mr. Frank after reading Anne's diary?
7. What month does the last scene in the play take place?
8. What month is Mr. Frank freed from the second concentration camp?
9. What is the name of the second concentration camp that Anne is sent to?
10. What does Anne promise to show Peter one day after they talk about kissing?
(a) Her diary.
(b) Her Bible.
(c) Her necklace.
(d) Her drawings.
11. What does Anne tell Peter stifles her fear?
(a) Remembering her life before the war.
(b) Looking at the good around her.
(c) Making up a new story.
(d) Singing a song.
12. What news does Miep bring on the day the food thief is caught?
(a) Hitler has been arrested.
(b) The invasion has begun.
(c) The Allies are in Italy.
(d) The Russians have been pushed back.
13. Where do Anne and Peter have their visits together?
(a) Peter's room.
(b) Anne's room.
(c) The den.
(d) The bathroom.
14. Who argues the most in the hiding place?
(a) Anne and her mother.
(b) The Van Daans.
(c) Mr. Dussel and Peter.
(d) The Franks.
15. How long have they been in hiding when the person stealing food is caught?
(a) 2 1/2 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 18 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of food is left when the person is caught stealing?
2. Which of the following is NOT present in the last scene of the play?
3. What does Mr. Kraler need an operation for?
4. What does the person who is most upset about the food theft want to have happen to the food thief?
5. What does Mr. Van Daan chastise Peter for on the Friday when Miep doesn't come to them?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)