|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter do before Anne visits him during the day?
(a) Cleans up.
(b) Gets dressed.
(c) Paces the floor.
(d) Gets out his art supplies.
2. What do the Gestapo find after Mr. Kraler's operation?
(a) Peter's cat.
(b) The forged ration books.
(c) The empty Frank house.
(d) The stolen radio.
3. What month is Mr. Frank freed from the second concentration camp?
4. What word does Anne use to describe her father at the end of her diary?
5. What does Anne tell Peter she loves to do most in hiding?
6. What does Mr. Frank say about Anne when he finishes reading her diary?
(a) "She puts me to shame."
(b) "What a marvel."
(c) "I miss her."
(d) "This is my doing."
7. What does Mr. Van Daan chastise Peter for on the Friday when Miep doesn't come to them?
(a) Spending too much time with Anne.
(b) Eating too much.
(c) Taking Mr. Frank's side.
8. What does Anne think would help comfort Peter while in hiding?
(b) Good parents.
(c) A friend.
(d) His cat.
9. What is taking some of the food from the pantry?
(a) Peter's cat.
10. What is Anne's sweet secret?
(a) Her relationship with her father.
(b) Her diary.
(c) Her changing body.
(d) Her inner peace.
11. What does Peter do to say goodbye to Anne when the police come in?
(a) Holds her hand.
(b) Hugs her.
(c) Kisses her.
(d) Kisses her cheek.
12. Which of the following is NOT present in the last scene of the play?
(a) Mr. Frank.
(c) Mr. Dussel.
(d) Mr. Kraler.
13. What does Anne tell Peter stifles her fear?
(a) Making up a new story.
(b) Singing a song.
(c) Looking at the good around her.
(d) Remembering her life before the war.
14. Why does Mr. Dussel say he wants Mrs. Frank to divide the New Year's treat Miep brought them?
(a) She always makes fair portions.
(b) She doesn't make crumbs.
(c) She likes the responsibility.
(d) She is not haughty.
15. Who makes the dramatic statement that they will all die in the hiding place?
(a) Mrs. Frank.
(c) Mrs. Van Daan.
(d) Mr. Van Daan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the first concentration camp that Anne is held at?
2. Why does Mr. Van Daan begin crying when Miep brings the good news on the day the food thief is caught?
3. What does Peter say he hates most about being in hiding?
4. What is the name of the man who gives the families vegetables?
5. What does Anne tell Peter has changed about her since she came into hiding?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)