|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last word Anne writes in her diary?
2. What does Peter ask Miep to look for on the streets when she brings a New Year's present?
(a) His cat.
(b) His friend.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A lost scarf.
3. What does Miep bring as a New Year's present?
(a) Some ale.
(b) Ice cream.
(c) Juice and cookies.
(d) A cake.
4. How long has it been since Miep has last visited the families when they begin to worry after the invasion on Normandy?
(a) 7 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 9 days.
(d) 3 days.
5. What does Peter say he can live with now when the police arrive?
6. Why do the Van Daans not leave the country when Mr. Van Daan first wants to?
(a) Mr. Van Daan did not want to leave his business.
(b) Mrs. Van Daan did not want to leave her possessions.
(c) They were too influential to get exit visas.
(d) They had nowhere else to go.
7. What does Margot tell Anne she is jealous of?
(a) Anne's reason to get up in the morning.
(b) Anne's hope and innocence.
(c) Anne's youth.
(d) Anne's friendship with Peter.
8. Where is the person caught stealing food forced to stay after the confrontation?
(a) The den.
(b) His room.
(c) Her sewing corner.
(d) The bathroom.
9. What does the person who is most upset about the food theft want to have happen to the food thief?
(a) Thrown out of the apartment.
(b) Monetary payment for the stolen food.
(c) A written apology and confession to Miep.
(d) A vow to never do it again.
10. What is the validation for the person who is caught stealing food?
(a) He was a bigger man.
(b) She had been sick.
(c) He was hiding it to make it last longer.
(d) She was giving it to her child.
11. What does Anne tell Peter has changed about her since she came into hiding?
(a) She is more introverted and shy.
(b) She is more educated.
(c) She has less hope for her future.
(d) She is more serious about life now.
12. What does Anne loan Peter to decorate his room with?
(a) Pictures of movie stars.
(b) Paper snowflakes.
(c) A menorah.
13. Where is the first concentration camp that Anne is held at?
14. What does Peter beg of Anne as she leaves their visit after talking about kissing?
(a) To stay happy.
(b) To live her dreams.
(c) To let him kiss her.
(d) To visit again.
15. Why does Mr. Van Daan begin crying when Miep brings the good news on the day the food thief is caught?
(a) He is grateful it will be over soon.
(b) He is exhausted and starving.
(c) He fears they will be caught.
(d) He is ashamed of stealing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is taking some of the food from the pantry?
2. Which of the following is NOT present in the last scene of the play?
3. What does Mr. Kraler need an operation for?
4. Who completely loses their temper when the person who is stealing food is caught?
5. Who gives the person caught stealing food money to find a new hiding place?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)