|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Van Daans not leave the country when Mr. Van Daan first wants to?
(a) Mr. Van Daan did not want to leave his business.
(b) They were too influential to get exit visas.
(c) Mrs. Van Daan did not want to leave her possessions.
(d) They had nowhere else to go.
2. Who complains most about Anne and Peter's visits together?
(a) Mr. Dussel.
(b) Mrs. Van Daan.
(c) Mrs. Frank.
3. How long has it been since Miep has last visited the families when they begin to worry after the invasion on Normandy?
(a) 7 days.
(b) 9 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 3 days.
4. What does Mr. Kraler need an operation for?
(a) A heart defect.
(d) An indigestion problem.
5. What does Mr. Frank say Anne liked about the first concentration camp?
(a) Being outside.
(b) The large group of people.
(c) The different stories.
(d) The varied food.
6. What has Margot been sick with during the winter?
(a) Chicken pox.
(b) A fever.
(d) A cough.
7. What does Peter beg of Anne as she leaves their visit after talking about kissing?
(a) To let him kiss her.
(b) To visit again.
(c) To live her dreams.
(d) To stay happy.
8. What does Peter say has changed about Anne after a year and a half in hiding?
(a) She is smarter.
(b) She is softer.
(c) She is quiter.
(d) She is kinder.
9. What is the name of the worker who has asked for a raise?
10. What does Peter say makes the situation more bearable for him?
(a) His art.
(c) His cat.
11. What does Peter tell Anne he wants to be when he grows up?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A rabbi.
(d) An artist.
12. What does Peter do to say goodbye to Anne when the police come in?
(a) Kisses her.
(b) Kisses her cheek.
(c) Hugs her.
(d) Holds her hand.
13. What is taking some of the food from the pantry?
(d) Peter's cat.
14. What does Peter ask Miep to look for on the streets when she brings a New Year's present?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A lost scarf.
(c) His friend.
(d) His cat.
15. What does Anne smell on Miep's coat at the beginning of Act 2?
(c) Gun powder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter say he hates most about being in hiding?
2. Who completely loses their temper when the person who is stealing food is caught?
3. Where is the person caught stealing food forced to stay after the confrontation?
4. Why does Mr. Van Daan begin crying when Miep brings the good news on the day the food thief is caught?
5. What does Anne tell Peter stifles her fear?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)