|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Van Daans not leave the country when Mr. Van Daan first wants to?
(a) They had nowhere else to go.
(b) Mr. Van Daan did not want to leave his business.
(c) Mrs. Van Daan did not want to leave her possessions.
(d) They were too influential to get exit visas.
2. How does Anne view her life in the grand scheme of things?
(a) A stitch in the tapestry.
(b) A small building block in the mansion.
(c) A piece of the armor.
(d) One minute in the great pattern.
3. What does Anne smell on Miep's coat at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Gun powder.
4. What does Miep bring as a New Year's present?
(a) Some ale.
(b) A cake.
(c) Juice and cookies.
(d) Ice cream.
5. Who is caught stealing food?
(a) Mr. Dussel.
(b) Mrs. Van Daan.
(d) Mr. Van Daan.
6. Who does Mr. Frank say is destroying their lives?
(a) The Destroying Angel.
(b) The Nazis.
(c) The Devil.
7. What does Mr. Kraler need an operation for?
(a) An indigestion problem.
(c) A heart defect.
8. What do the Gestapo find after Mr. Kraler's operation?
(a) The forged ration books.
(b) The stolen radio.
(c) Peter's cat.
(d) The empty Frank house.
9. Who helps Anne get ready for her visits with Peter?
(c) Mrs. Frank.
(d) Mrs.Van Daan.
10. What feeling leaves Mr. Frank after reading Anne's diary?
11. Who complains most about Anne and Peter's visits together?
(a) Mrs. Van Daan.
(c) Mrs. Frank.
(d) Mr. Dussel.
12. What does Mr. Frank ask of everybody he meets when he is first released from the second concentration camp?
(a) If they had news of his family.
(b) If they could give him work.
(c) If they had seen the man who imprisoned him.
(d) If Mr. Van Daan was alive.
13. What does Anne tell Peter she wants to be when she grows up?
(a) A counselor.
(b) A writer.
(c) An actress.
(d) A journalist.
14. What does the person who is most upset about the food theft want to have happen to the food thief?
(a) A written apology and confession to Miep.
(b) Thrown out of the apartment.
(c) Monetary payment for the stolen food.
(d) A vow to never do it again.
15. What month are the Franks sent to a second concentration camp?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Van Daan give Miep to sell after the New Year's treat?
2. Why does Mr. Van Daan begin crying when Miep brings the good news on the day the food thief is caught?
3. Who does Mr. Dussel lay the blame on if they are found in their hiding place?
4. Who threatens to kill herself out of the stress in the apartment?
5. What does Anne promise to show Peter one day after they talk about kissing?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)