|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anne promise to show Peter one day after they talk about kissing?
(a) Her drawings.
(b) Her necklace.
(c) Her Bible.
(d) Her diary.
2. What does Mr. Van Daan give Miep to sell after the New Year's treat?
(a) His leather luggage.
(b) Anne's necklace.
(c) Mrs. Van Daan's coat.
(d) His woolen robe.
3. Who does Mrs. Frank hug when Miep brings good news on the day the food thief is caught?
(a) Mr. Frank.
(b) Mrs. Van Daan.
(d) Mr. Van Daan.
4. What has Margot been sick with during the winter?
(a) Chicken pox.
(c) A fever.
(d) A cough.
5. What month are the Franks sent to a second concentration camp?
6. Who will now cook for the person who was caught stealing food?
(b) Mrs. Van Daan.
(c) Mrs. Frank.
7. Why does Mr. Van Daan begin crying when Miep brings the good news on the day the food thief is caught?
(a) He is grateful it will be over soon.
(b) He fears they will be caught.
(c) He is exhausted and starving.
(d) He is ashamed of stealing.
8. What do the Gestapo find after Mr. Kraler's operation?
(a) The forged ration books.
(b) Peter's cat.
(c) The stolen radio.
(d) The empty Frank house.
9. What does Peter say has changed about Anne after a year and a half in hiding?
(a) She is quiter.
(b) She is kinder.
(c) She is softer.
(d) She is smarter.
10. What does Mr. Frank say about Anne when he finishes reading her diary?
(a) "This is my doing."
(b) "She puts me to shame."
(c) "What a marvel."
(d) "I miss her."
11. What subject in school is Peter best at?
12. Why does Mr. Dussel say he wants Mrs. Frank to divide the New Year's treat Miep brought them?
(a) She is not haughty.
(b) She doesn't make crumbs.
(c) She likes the responsibility.
(d) She always makes fair portions.
13. What month is Mr. Frank freed from the second concentration camp?
14. What does Anne think would help comfort Peter while in hiding?
(a) A friend.
(c) His cat.
(d) Good parents.
15. What is the name of the man who gives the families vegetables?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Anne use to describe her father at the end of her diary?
2. Who threatens to kill herself out of the stress in the apartment?
3. What is the name of the worker who has asked for a raise?
4. Who tells the police where the hiding place is?
5. What alerts the families to the police coming in?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)