|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What worries the hiding families most about the Friday when Miep doesn't show up?
(a) The phones are ringing.
(b) There are sounds of bombing.
(c) There are police outside the building.
(d) There are no workers.
2. What does Anne promise to show Peter one day after they talk about kissing?
(a) Her necklace.
(b) Her drawings.
(c) Her diary.
(d) Her Bible.
3. What does Mr. Frank ask of everybody he meets when he is first released from the second concentration camp?
(a) If Mr. Van Daan was alive.
(b) If they could give him work.
(c) If they had seen the man who imprisoned him.
(d) If they had news of his family.
4. What feeling leaves Mr. Frank after reading Anne's diary?
5. What does Mr. Van Daan give Miep to sell after the New Year's treat?
(a) Mrs. Van Daan's coat.
(b) His leather luggage.
(c) Anne's necklace.
(d) His woolen robe.
6. What is the validation for the person who is caught stealing food?
(a) She was giving it to her child.
(b) She had been sick.
(c) He was hiding it to make it last longer.
(d) He was a bigger man.
7. Who divides the remaining food after the person stealing food is caught?
(a) Mr. Frank.
(b) Mr. Dussel.
8. What does Mr. Van Daan ask Miep to buy most of when she sells what he gives her after the New Year's treat?
9. What has Margot been sick with during the winter?
(a) Chicken pox.
(c) A fever.
(d) A cough.
10. Why do the Van Daans not leave the country when Mr. Van Daan first wants to?
(a) They were too influential to get exit visas.
(b) Mrs. Van Daan did not want to leave her possessions.
(c) They had nowhere else to go.
(d) Mr. Van Daan did not want to leave his business.
11. How does Anne say she escapes her prison in hiding?
(a) She draws.
(b) She thinks herself out.
(c) She sleeps.
(d) She writes in her diary.
12. What does Anne loan Peter to decorate his room with?
(a) A menorah.
(c) Paper snowflakes.
(d) Pictures of movie stars.
13. What does Peter do to say goodbye to Anne when the police come in?
(a) Holds her hand.
(b) Kisses her.
(c) Hugs her.
(d) Kisses her cheek.
14. What month does the last scene in the play take place?
15. Where is the person caught stealing food forced to stay after the confrontation?
(a) The den.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) Her sewing corner.
(d) His room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Kraler think one of the workers has asked for a raise in pay?
2. Who complains most about Anne and Peter's visits together?
3. How does Anne view her life in the grand scheme of things?
4. Who does Mr. Van Daan leave out of the ration count for the New Year's treat that Miep brought them?
5. Who takes Anne what Mr. Van Daan tried to steal when Anne stormed off to her room?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)