|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Van Daan give Miep to sell after the New Year's treat?
(a) Mrs. Van Daan's coat.
(b) His woolen robe.
(c) His leather luggage.
(d) Anne's necklace.
2. Who will now cook for the person who was caught stealing food?
(b) Mrs. Van Daan.
(c) Mrs. Frank.
3. What does Peter do before Anne visits him during the day?
(a) Paces the floor.
(b) Gets out his art supplies.
(c) Gets dressed.
(d) Cleans up.
4. What does Peter say he can live with now when the police arrive?
5. What subject in school is Peter best at?
6. What is the last word Anne writes in her diary?
7. Who does Mr. Van Daan leave out of the ration count for the New Year's treat that Miep brought them?
8. What alerts the families to the police coming in?
(a) The screech of breaks.
(b) The cries of a man.
(c) The honking of a horn.
(d) The pounding on the door.
9. What month are the Franks sent to a second concentration camp?
10. What does Mr. Van Daan ask Miep to buy most of when she sells what he gives her after the New Year's treat?
11. What news does Miep bring on the day the food thief is caught?
(a) The Russians have been pushed back.
(b) The Allies are in Italy.
(c) Hitler has been arrested.
(d) The invasion has begun.
12. What time is Anne told to be in bed by after her visit with Peter?
(a) 8:00 pm.
(b) 9:00 pm.
(c) 9:30 pm.
(d) 8:30 pm.
13. Why does Mr. Van Daan begin crying when Miep brings the good news on the day the food thief is caught?
(a) He is ashamed of stealing.
(b) He is grateful it will be over soon.
(c) He is exhausted and starving.
(d) He fears they will be caught.
14. What does the person who is most upset about the food theft want to have happen to the food thief?
(a) A vow to never do it again.
(b) A written apology and confession to Miep.
(c) Thrown out of the apartment.
(d) Monetary payment for the stolen food.
15. Who does Mr. Frank say is destroying their lives?
(a) The Destroying Angel.
(c) The Devil.
(d) The Nazis.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have they been in hiding when the person stealing food is caught?
2. Where is Miep when the Franks are captured?
3. How does Anne say she escapes her prison in hiding?
4. Who does Mr. Dussel lay the blame on if they are found in their hiding place?
5. What does Peter say makes the situation more bearable for him?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)