|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long have they been in hiding when the person stealing food is caught?
(a) 2 1/2 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 18 months.
(d) 3 years.
2. What do the Gestapo find after Mr. Kraler's operation?
(a) The empty Frank house.
(b) Peter's cat.
(c) The forged ration books.
(d) The stolen radio.
3. Who takes Anne what Mr. Van Daan tried to steal when Anne stormed off to her room?
(a) Mr. Frank.
4. What does Anne promise to show Peter one day after they talk about kissing?
(a) Her Bible.
(b) Her diary.
(c) Her necklace.
(d) Her drawings.
5. What does Peter do to say goodbye to Anne when the police come in?
(a) Hugs her.
(b) Kisses her.
(c) Holds her hand.
(d) Kisses her cheek.
6. What does Anne tell Peter she wants to be when she grows up?
(a) A writer.
(b) A journalist.
(c) A counselor.
(d) An actress.
7. What does Mr. Frank say Anne liked about the first concentration camp?
(a) The varied food.
(b) The large group of people.
(c) Being outside.
(d) The different stories.
8. What is the validation for the person who is caught stealing food?
(a) She had been sick.
(b) He was a bigger man.
(c) She was giving it to her child.
(d) He was hiding it to make it last longer.
9. What is the name of the man who gives the families vegetables?
10. Why does Mrs. Frank tell Margot she is lucky?
(a) She has her family.
(b) She is not dead.
(c) She has faith.
(d) She is not expected to work.
11. What does Anne say is happening to the world that causes this horrible time?
(a) Preparing for a dirge.
(b) Giving way to evil.
(c) Purging itself.
(d) Going through a phase.
12. Who will now cook for the person who was caught stealing food?
(a) Mrs. Frank.
(b) Mrs. Van Daan.
13. What does Anne loan Peter to decorate his room with?
(a) Pictures of movie stars.
(c) Paper snowflakes.
(d) A menorah.
14. What does Margot tell Anne she is jealous of?
(a) Anne's youth.
(b) Anne's reason to get up in the morning.
(c) Anne's hope and innocence.
(d) Anne's friendship with Peter.
15. What does Anne tell Peter she loves to do most in hiding?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter ask Miep to look for on the streets when she brings a New Year's present?
2. Who tells the police where the hiding place is?
3. Who threatens to kill herself out of the stress in the apartment?
4. What does the person who is most upset about the food theft want to have happen to the food thief?
5. Who complains most about Anne and Peter's visits together?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)