|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long have they been in hiding when the person stealing food is caught?
(a) 2 1/2 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 18 months.
(d) 3 years.
2. What does Mr. Frank ask of everybody he meets when he is first released from the second concentration camp?
(a) If they had news of his family.
(b) If Mr. Van Daan was alive.
(c) If they had seen the man who imprisoned him.
(d) If they could give him work.
3. What has Margot been sick with during the winter?
(a) Chicken pox.
(b) A cough.
(d) A fever.
4. Who will now cook for the person who was caught stealing food?
(b) Mrs. Van Daan.
(c) Mrs. Frank.
5. Where is Miep when the Franks are captured?
(a) Her house.
(b) The hospital.
(d) The country.
6. Why does Mr. Dussel say he wants Mrs. Frank to divide the New Year's treat Miep brought them?
(a) She always makes fair portions.
(b) She is not haughty.
(c) She doesn't make crumbs.
(d) She likes the responsibility.
7. What is the validation for the person who is caught stealing food?
(a) She had been sick.
(b) He was a bigger man.
(c) She was giving it to her child.
(d) He was hiding it to make it last longer.
8. What does Peter tell Anne he wants to be when he grows up?
(a) An artist.
(b) A rabbi.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A farmer.
9. What does Mr. Van Daan chastise Peter for on the Friday when Miep doesn't come to them?
(a) Spending too much time with Anne.
(b) Eating too much.
(d) Taking Mr. Frank's side.
10. What does Peter beg of Anne as she leaves their visit after talking about kissing?
(a) To live her dreams.
(b) To stay happy.
(c) To let him kiss her.
(d) To visit again.
11. What subject in school is Peter best at?
12. What is taking some of the food from the pantry?
(b) Peter's cat.
13. What does Anne think would help comfort Peter while in hiding?
(a) His cat.
(b) A friend.
(c) Good parents.
14. Who is caught stealing food?
(a) Mr. Dussel.
(c) Mr. Van Daan.
(d) Mrs. Van Daan.
15. What kind of food is left when the person is caught stealing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Anne get ready for her visits with Peter?
2. Who does Mr. Dussel lay the blame on if they are found in their hiding place?
3. What alerts the families to the police coming in?
4. Who argues the most in the hiding place?
5. What does the person who is most upset about the food theft want to have happen to the food thief?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)