|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the second concentration camp that Anne is sent to?
2. What does Peter ask Miep to look for on the streets when she brings a New Year's present?
(a) A lost scarf.
(b) His friend.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) His cat.
3. What does Mr. Kraler need an operation for?
(c) An indigestion problem.
(d) A heart defect.
4. What month does Act 2 start out in?
5. How long have they been in hiding when the person stealing food is caught?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 2 1/2 years.
(d) 18 months.
6. Who threatens to kill herself out of the stress in the apartment?
(a) Mrs. Frank.
(c) Mrs. Van Daan.
7. Why does Mrs. Frank tell Margot she is lucky?
(a) She is not dead.
(b) She is not expected to work.
(c) She has faith.
(d) She has her family.
8. Who makes the dramatic statement that they will all die in the hiding place?
(a) Mrs. Van Daan.
(c) Mrs. Frank.
(d) Mr. Van Daan.
9. What time is Anne told to be in bed by after her visit with Peter?
(a) 8:00 pm.
(b) 9:00 pm.
(c) 9:30 pm.
(d) 8:30 pm.
10. What month is Mr. Frank freed from the second concentration camp?
11. What does Peter tell Anne he wants to be when he grows up?
(a) An artist.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A rabbi.
(d) A farmer.
12. Who does Mr. Frank say is destroying their lives?
(a) The Devil.
(b) The Nazis.
(d) The Destroying Angel.
13. Why do the Van Daans not leave the country when Mr. Van Daan first wants to?
(a) Mr. Van Daan did not want to leave his business.
(b) Mrs. Van Daan did not want to leave her possessions.
(c) They had nowhere else to go.
(d) They were too influential to get exit visas.
14. What subject in school is Peter best at?
15. What does Peter do to say goodbye to Anne when the police come in?
(a) Kisses her.
(b) Kisses her cheek.
(c) Holds her hand.
(d) Hugs her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Van Daan try to take when Anne storms off to her room?
2. What does Anne tell Peter she wants to be when she grows up?
3. Who does Mr. Dussel lay the blame on if they are found in their hiding place?
4. Why does Mr. Van Daan begin crying when Miep brings the good news on the day the food thief is caught?
5. What does Peter say he hates most about being in hiding?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)