|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Vice Principal Roy think that Greg needs to apologize to in "October"?
2. Where does Rodrick camp out whe he is supposed to be doing chores?
3. What was the name of a boy that Greg remembers from preschool?
4. What is the average age of the kids who attend Rowley's birthday party?
5. What is the name of the family that Greg worked for over the summer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chirag treat Greg after Greg apologizes for treating him like he was invisible?
2. What is Greg's secret to doing book reports?
3. Why did Greg not get paid for watching the Fuller's dog over the summer?
4. What is the one embarrassing thing that Greg knows about Rodrick?
5. Where does Greg spend time during Rodrick's party?
6. In "October," why does Greg get called to the vice principal's office and what is his punishment?
7. Why does Dad think that Rowley is accident prone?
8. What is Rowley doing in "October" that bothers Greg?
9. Why is Rodrick the worst person to do dishes with?
10. Why does Greg say he had a lousy summer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The novel takes place mostly at Greg’s home and school. Does the setting serve as a backdrop for characters or take on the role of a character? Is the setting a neutral background, not important to the novel? What is the importance of the setting?
Essay Topic 2
Rodrick does not want to redo his science project. What does Rodrick say when he is told he needs to redo his science project? Why does he not care about redoing the project? What does the incident reveal about Rodrick’s view of life as it is?
Essay Topic 3
Greg has to write an allegory for English class. How does Greg’s story meet the requirements to write an allegory? How are the characters or events in the story symbolic of people or events in Greg’s life?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)