|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leiter give Bond an article about?
2. What does the article call the village of Saratoga Springs?
3. Who does Fleming describe as having warm brown eyes?
4. Why did Leiter retire from the CIA?
5. What of the following stones does Dankwaert not mention?
Short Essay Questions
1. What argument do Bond and the agent overhear?
2. How is the man stealing, raw uncut diamonds?
3. What does the Chief of Staff tell Bond about the case?
4. Why is Leiter in New York?
5. What does the article say about Saratoga Springs?
6. Why is the man so anxious?
7. Why is Leiter going to Saratoga Springs?
8. How does Tiffany want Bond to smuggle the diamonds to New York?
9. What does Vallance want Bond to do?
10. What information does Leiter give Bond about Tiffany?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Diamonds Are Forever is part of the spy fiction genre.
1) What are the conventions of the genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2) In what way did the Bond series help to set the template for similar novels? Do modern novels still use the ideas used in Diamonds Are Forever?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and examine how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme:
2) Point of view
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does Fleming use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)