|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the House of Diamonds located in London?
2. What is Bond's rank in the Ministry of Defense?
3. What is the only information Tiffany has on ABC?
4. What does Dankwaert say Saye is not?
5. What race is the girl who opens the door to Saye's office?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Leiter going to Saratoga Springs?
2. Why is Leiter in New York?
3. What does Vallance want Bond to do?
4. Describe Bond and Leiter's trip to Saratoga Springs.
5. What does Bond think of Tiffany?
6. How does Bond prepare to meet Tiffany at the hotel?
7. Why is the man so anxious?
8. What does M show Bond in his office?
9. How does Shady Tree want to pay Bond?
10. What information does Leiter give Bond about Tiffany?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Fleming's representations of the following areas and decide how close Fleming's representations are to the real thing and how Fleming makes his representations seem and feel real:
1) The diamond trade
2) American mobs
3) Horse racing
Essay Topic 2
Fleming writes Diamonds Are Forever in the third person. Why do you think Fleming chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would have changed if Fleming wrote it in the first person?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Bond's character across the whole series.
1) How does Fleming develop Bond's character across the whole series?
2) What new elements does Diamonds Are Forever add to Bond's character?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)