|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the pilot say he fought under?
2. What country does M say has the biggest diamond market?
3. Who does M say will not be help to them?
4. What does the man want to ask his employer for?
5. What part of London is the American Club in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Tiffany's phone call.
2. Describe the first meeting between Bond and Shady Tree.
3. Why is Leiter going to Saratoga Springs?
4. What does M show Bond in his office?
5. Why is the man so anxious?
6. Describe Bond's journey from the plane to the House of Diamond's New York offices.
7. What message does the Chief of Staff leave for Bond?
8. How does the agent determine that Sayer is not a real diamond executive?
9. What information does Leiter give Bond about Tiffany?
10. What does the Chief of Staff tell Bond about the case?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Fleming's life. In what way do you think his life and personality is reflected in the book? Where could he have learned about the world of espionage? In what ways is he like or unlike Bond?
Essay Topic 2
Diamonds Are Forever is part of the spy fiction genre.
1) What are the conventions of the genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2) In what way did the Bond series help to set the template for similar novels? Do modern novels still use the ideas used in Diamonds Are Forever?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the novel and discuss his/her goals and motives. Does he/she achieve his/her motive? Does he/she share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do his/her goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interactions with each other?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)