Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Carrie describe the violin player?
2. To whom does Carrie write about the horrors of settling Cressida's will?
3. Why does Cressida want Carrie to come to Cressida's house on Sunday?
4. Why do Carrie and Cressida send the carriage home?
5. How is Poppas seated in Cressida's car awaiting word of survivors?
Essay Topic 1
At the end of the section concerning Bouchalka, Cressida divorces him when she finds him engaged in sexual relations with the cook. Choose one of the following topics and write a well-developed essay using detailed examples from the book and from your own life experience:
1. Should Cressida have forgiven Bouchalka and continued in the marriage? Why or Why not? Do you think if she had, Bouchalka would have stay faithful? Why or why not?
2. Is it realistic to expect a long-term relationship to be absolutely monogamous? Why or Why not? What are the benefits of monogamy? The cons?
3. Some couples choose to have an open relationship and accept that his/her partner will sometimes have other sexual liaisons. Is this a workable way to conduct a relationship? What are the pros and cons to such an arrangement?
Essay Topic 2
Characters are many and varied, especially for a short story. Answer the following questions in a well-developed essay using detailed examples from the book and from your own life experience:
1. Which character did you find most likable? Why? Which one is least likable? Why?
2. If you were to pick one character with whom you would form a friendship, who would it be? Why?
3. Which character is most like you? Explain the similarities.
4. Which character is least like you? Explain the similarities.
Essay Topic 3
As Carrie is strolling about the ship, she comes upon Cressida and her son and sister. Cressida and Carrie immediately stroll together to talk. Answer the following questions in a well-developed essay using detailed examples from the book and from your own life experience.
1. Who is Carrie in relationship to Cressida?
2. Would you characterize Carrie as a loyal and sincere friend? Give examples to support your stance.
3. Cary is the narrator of the story; what is the perspective of her narration? Is the perspective effective? How would the story change if written the perspective changes? What if Julia or Horace were the narrator?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)