|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Carrie describe the violin player?
2. To whom does Carrie write about the horrors of settling Cressida's will?
3. Why does Cressida want Carrie to come to Cressida's house on Sunday?
4. Why do Carrie and Cressida send the carriage home?
5. How is Poppas seated in Cressida's car awaiting word of survivors?
Essay Topic 1
Cressida's professional life was quite successful; however, her personal life is a mess. This often seems to be the case among artists, especially celebrities. Choose one of the following topics and write a well-developed essay using detailed examples from the book and from your own life experience.
1. Compare and contrast Cressida's personal life with her professional life.
2. Compare and contrast 2 real-life celebrities' professional and personal lives (in as much as is reported about them).
3. Write an instructive essay on how one can maintain both a healthy private and professional life at the same time.
Essay Topic 2
Characters are many and varied, especially for a short story. Answer the following questions in a well-developed essay using detailed examples from the book and from your own life experience:
1. Which character did you find most likable? Why? Which one is least likable? Why?
2. If you were to pick one character with whom you would form a friendship, who would it be? Why?
3. Which character is most like you? Explain the similarities.
4. Which character is least like you? Explain the similarities.
Essay Topic 3
Flashbacks are used several times in this story. Answer the following questions in a well-developed essay using detailed examples from the book and from your own life experience:
1. Explain the technique of flashback used in this story.
2. Describe some situations that can be considered flashbacks. Why are they flashbacks?
3. What are the benefits of using flashbacks?
4. How can flashbacks be confusing? Does this happen in this story?
This section contains 2,694 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)