|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what do Wariinga and Gaturia find at the cave when they arrive with the workers?
(a) Garbage and trash.
(b) Burnt debris and smoke.
(c) The workers trying to break inside.
(d) The police holding back the crowd.
2. In Chapter 6, what degree does Mwireri wa Mukiraai say that his wife has?
(d) Home economics.
3. In Chapter 9, where are Gitutu and Nditika lashed as they try to run?
4. In Chapter 7, what does Nditika say that he bought hoping to make a profit, but lost money?
5. In Chapter 12, what energy source does Wariinga want to use for a machine she would like to build to ease the burden of rural women?
(a) Wind energy.
(c) Hydro enegy.
(d) Solar energy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, how do the servants dress at Gatuiria's parents' home?
2. How tall is the building in Chapter 10 where Wariinga lives?
3. In Chapter 11, what is being held by Gatuiria's parents to welcome his fiancee?
4. In Chapter 9, who does Gatuiria say is the man who gave Wariinga the false invitation?
5. What do the men wear in Chapter 12 at Gatuiria's parents' home?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 8, why does Wariinga leave the cave, and what excuse does she give Gatuiria?
2. In Chapter 9, what is the procession that Wariinga and Gatuiria see?
3. In Chapter 11, when Wariinga's mother mentions her duaghter, what does Gatuiria say?
4. In Chapter 12, why does Wariinga say that the foreigners are not totally to blame for the way they treat Kenyan women?
5. In Chapter 8, what is Kimeendeeri's plan to persuade workers to allow him to enslave them and eat their flesh?
6. In Chapter 8, what does Wariinga dream about?
7. In Chapter 12, how does Wariinga dress?
8. In Chapter 7, what is the reaction of spectators after Mukiraai's speech?
9. What is Nditika's idea in Chapter 7?
10. In Chapter 11, how have foreigners taken over Ilmorog?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)