|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what does Wariinga's mother suggest that Wariinga and Gatuiria do while she cooks?
(a) Play with Wambui.
(b) Go for a drive.
(c) Chat with her.
2. What does Gatuiria say that he can call himself if he is an interpreter of dreams and nightmares?
(a) Yahya Hussein.
(c) Swani Gaturia.
(d) Prof. Gatuiria.
3. In Chapter 11, from what book in the Bible is a quote on the invitation cards that Gatuiria's parents have sent out?
4. In Chapter 7, how much does Nditika pay his workers?
(a) 75 shillings a month.
(b) 2 shillings a day.
(c) 90 shillings a month.
(d) 3 shillings a day.
5. In Chapter 11, what decorate the walls of mansion in the Golden Heights?
(a) Expensive paintings.
(b) Gold embossed wallpaper.
(c) Candles in gold candelabra.
(d) Tapestries with gold and silver threads.
6. In Chapter 7, what does Gatuiria think he hears a voice tell him?
(a) Run for your life.
(b) Truth is spoken here.
(c) Take the girl and flee.
(d) Listen and learn.
7. In Chapter 6, what does Mwaura say was the subject of a story that Muturi told at lunch?
(a) Woman and a girl.
(b) Ogre and a witch.
(c) Man and a boy.
(d) Thief and a witch.
8. In Chapter 6, what does Mukiraai say that Kenyans should unite and develop?
(c) Precision tools.
(d) Machine tools.
9. At the end of Chapter 7, how many times does Nditika say that he hit his wife?
10. In Chapter 9, who is the first speaker at the cave after the thieves flee?
11. In Chapter 12, what color carpet leads to the room where Wariinga is to meet Gatuiria's father?
12. In Chapter 10 what does Gatuiria drive as he and Wariinga are on their way to Ilmorog?
(a) Ford Escort.
(b) Toyota Corolla.
(c) Nissan Sentra.
(d) Subaru Outback.
13. In Chapter 10, what is planned to be built on the site where the garage is where Wariinga works?
14. In Chapter 9, where are Gitutu and Nditika lashed as they try to run?
15. In Chapter 6, how many children does Mwireri wa Mukiraai say that he has?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what is Wariinga wearing?
2. What is Wariinga's occupation in Chapter 10?
3. In Chapter 6, what degree does Mwireri wa Mukiraai say that his wife has?
4. In Chapter 12, how do the servants dress at Gatuiria's parents' home?
5. At the end of Chapter 10, when does Gatuiria hope that Wangari, Muturi, and the student leader might be released with ordinary convicts?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)