|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, Part 2, how much does Muturi say that contracts were worth that his employer received?
(c) Hundreds of thousands.
(d) Tens of millions.
2. In Chapter 4, Part 1, how many gold teeth does the master of cermonies have?
3. In Chapter 1, Part 2, what do people beg the narrator to reveal?
(a) What is concealed by darkness.
(b) The deaths and anguish.
(c) The tragedies.
(d) The murders.
4. What is Gatuiria's job at the university?
(a) Student teacher.
(b) Junior researcher.
(c) Adjunct professor.
5. In Chapter 3, Part 2, what does Gatuiria say happens to the message he wants to write down?
(a) Swept away like dirt.
(b) Disappear in his mind.
(c) Carried away by the wind.
(d) Swallowed by day-to-day activities.
6. In Chapter 2, Section 1, what does Wariinga dream about after a man helps her sit down and rest?
(a) The death of her parents.
(b) People mocking her.
(c) Devil being crucified.
(d) Her death by a city bus.
7. In Chapter 5, how does Wariinga remember trying to kill herself at 11 a.m. on a Sunday morning?
(a) Jump off a bridge.
(c) Drown in a river.
8. How old was Wariinga when both of her parents were imprisoned?
9. In Chapter 4, Part 2, how many children does Gitutu have?
10. At the beginning of Chapter 2, Section 3, what church bells ring?
(a) Biblica Kenya.
(b) St. Joseph Catholic Church.
(c) St. Peter's Clavers Church.
(d) St. Andrew's.
11. In Chapter 1, Section 1, how do people describe the story the narrator is telling?
(c) Disgraceful and shameful.
(d) Factual and interesting.
12. At the end of Chapter 3, Section 5, what road does Mwaura say that he chose?
13. In Chapter 4, Part 1, what is the name of the band at the theft and robbery feast?
(a) Robbers and Thieves.
(b) Devil's Angels.
(c) Hell's Angels.
14. In Chapter 4, Part 1, where does a servant hide 100,000 shillings?
(a) Hole in his house.
(b) Near a banana plant.
(c) In a tree.
(d) In his backyard.
15. In Chapter 1, Part 2, what story does Wariinga's mother want told?
(a) Of her child.
(b) Of her aunt.
(c) Of her nephew.
(d) Of her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, Part 1, what is the most money that a white land owner gives to his servants?
2. When were Wariinga's parents released from detention?
3. In Chapter 3, Part 2, what did an old man tell Gatuiria is the honey of a nation's soul?
4. In Chapter 2, Section 2, what does Wariinga say is the name of the boss of the girl she tells a story about?
5. In Chapter 3, Section 4, how long does Wangari say that she spent in jail before she had a hearing?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)