|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, Part 2, how much money does Gitutu say he borrowed to buy his first parcel of land?
(a) 5,000 shillings.
(b) 10,000 shillings.
(c) 15,000 shillings.
(d) 20,000 shillings.
2. In Chapter 2, Section 2, how late is the girl to work in Wariinga's story the day after her boss accosts her?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 5 minutes.
(d) 10 minutes.
3. What does Gitutu say that his father would usually slaughter when his friends from the tribunals would come to drink beer?
4. In Chapter 3, Part 2, how much does Muturi say that contracts were worth that his employer received?
(c) Tens of millions.
(d) Hundreds of thousands.
5. In Chapter 1, Part 2, what does Gicaandi think he hears when he is fasting?
(a) Echoes of silence.
(b) Songs from heaven.
(c) Whispers of death.
(d) Cries from hell.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, Section 2, how much pay is the girl in Wariinga's story given when her boss lets her go?
2. In Chapter 4, Part 2, what weapons does Kihaahu have in his house?
3. In Chapter 4, Part 2, who does Gitutu say recommended that he make a career of theft and robbery?
4. At the end of Chapter 3, Section 5, what road does Mwaura say that he chose?
5. In Chapter 4, Part 2, how much profit does Gitutu say he earns from selling land?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)