|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, Section 2, what scripture does the girl in Wariinga's story suggest that her boss read?
(a) Psalm 42.
(b) Romans 13.
(c) Philippians 4.
(d) Romans 1.
2. In Chapter 4, Part 1, who does the leader of the foreign delegation of thieves and robbers say it was said "time is money" (88)?
3. In Chapter 4, Part 1, what color does Wariinga notice that the foreigners' skin is?
4. In Chapter 3, Part 2, how much does Muturi say that contracts were worth that his employer received?
(a) Hundreds of thousands.
(d) Tens of millions.
5. In Chapter 2, Section 3, what does a young man tell Wariinga to attend in Ilmorog?
(b) Devil's Feast.
(c) Beggar's Feast.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, Part 1, how many Africans does the leader of the foreign delegation say were carried away to slavery?
2. In Chapter 1, Part 2, what do people beg the narrator to reveal?
3. In Chapter 4, Part 1, what is the name of the band at the theft and robbery feast?
4. In Chapter 2, Section 2, where does Wariinga say is the main employment bureau for many girls?
5. At the end of Chapter 1, what does Gicaandi ask readers to reason about?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)