|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Abbey gets a call to help with a search, he assumes
(a) The missing man has died
(b) The group is over-reacting
(c) The man has drowned
(d) The missing man has hitched a ride out
2. Moon-Eye rejected humans when he was subjected to
(a) Having to go all day without water
(b) Human food
(c) A violent beating
(d) Being ridden too long
3. After Moon-Eye rushed Abbey and ran fifty feet away, Abbey waited on him for
(a) Through the entire evening
(b) The rest of the afternoon
(c) A full hour
(d) A few minutes longer
4. The heat of the desert makes objects appear
(a) As if they are moving
(b) As if they are blurred and on fire
(c) As if they are invisible
(d) As if they are covered in water
5. Abbey tries to convince Moon-Eye to come with by telling him a story about
(a) How he will get the others and come for him
(b) His pet horse back in Albuquerque
(c) How he will die and be eaten
(d) His own childhood
Short Answer Questions
1. In the middle of the day on the desert, most of the birds
2. All creatures in the desert at this time of year
3. On his trip to capture Moon-Eye, Abbey ate his lunch in the shade of
4. Abbey's reaction to the man's manner of death is one of
5. Abbey feels the only real paradise is
Short Essay Questions
1. What influences Abbey's final decision to abandon his quest for Moon-Eye?
2. Abbey mentions thinking the unthinkable as he drives through the desert past the Arches headquarters. To what is he referring?
3. How does Abbey feel about leaving the desert and returning to the city?
4. Abbey does not speak highly of the man-made lakes on the Colorado. Why?
5. Why was Abbey not interested in living with the Supai Havasu Indians?
6. Abbey gives us two facts in the early part of this chapter that make it clear that this trip was taken in a decade long-past. What is it?
7. Why do you think Abbey wants to own Moon-Eye?
8. Why does Abbey refer to himself as a true patriot?
9. Of what is Abbey reminded as he lay naked on top of Tukuhnikivats?
10. Why does Abbey prefer the desert to other environments?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)