|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The beautiful flower Larkspur can be
(a) Poisonous to humans
(b) Used for herbal teas
(c) Made into healing salve
(d) Deadly for cattle
2. Abbey's exploration of the Maze with Bob Waterman is
3. Abbey can be said to be a high-level
4. Abbey uses a piece of hollow cane to create a
(a) A digging tool
(b) A new walking stick
(c) Pipe for tobacco
(d) Siphon for getting water
5. Floating through the rapids leaves the two boaters
(a) Happy and exultant
(b) Extremely anxious and concerned
(c) Making plans for the future
(d) In shock and awe
Short Answer Questions
1. Abbey's reference to the beavers building another dam is really about
2. Separating from other human beings feels to Abbey like
3. Abbey wishes that the tourists would get out of their vehicles and
4. When Abbey gets a call to help with a search, he assumes
5. Moon-Eye rejected humans when he was subjected to
Short Essay Questions
1. If Abbey is somewhat indifferent to the death of a fellow human being, why would that be true?
2. Try to explain Abbey's rambling about naming things.
3. Do Abbey and Newcomb enjoy the "rapids" they encounter?
4. Do you think Edward Abbey is a fanatic? Is his fear of a future dictatorial regime unfounded?
5. Abbey mentions thinking the unthinkable as he drives through the desert past the Arches headquarters. To what is he referring?
6. What does Abbey say, indirectly, about change?
7. Why does Abbey prefer the desert to other environments?
8. Abbey gives us two facts in the early part of this chapter that make it clear that this trip was taken in a decade long-past. What is it?
9. What is the difference between Abbey's heat waves and a mirage?
10. Abbey does not speak highly of the man-made lakes on the Colorado. Why?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)