|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Edward wants to stop attributing human qualities to nature, which is called
2. Hundreds of years ago, Anasazi hunters left behind
(b) Animal hides
(c) Flint arrowheads
(d) Cave dwellings
3. "Apache Tears" are actually
(a) Crystals found in obscure caves
(b) Arrowheads made from obsidian
(c) Dripping springs from the mountains
(d) Hidden crystals in oval rocks
4. We learn that Abbey has a real dislike for
(c) Red ants
5. The unexpected guests in Edward's new home include
Short Answer Questions
1. Edward Abbey is employed by the
2. What kind of tool can detect the presence of uranium?
3. Abbey speculates that the mourning doves' call may be
4. Abbey says, after a million years of neglect,
5. The loveliest, and sweet as a pretty girl, in Abbey's opinion, is
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Roy Scobie's problem?
2. What does Abbey mean by "pox vobiscum," and "swinish politics?"
3. How does the author project his own sensibilities onto the doves that he hears calling? Why?
4. Why was Turnbow Cabin built?
5. What does Abbey suggest should be done about the erosion of national parks?
6. What is one of the innate demands of industrial tourism?
7. The author has arrived in Utah, having come from New Mexico. How different is the terrain in this new place from what he is accustomed to?
8. Is it beneficial to the Navajos that their population is increasing?
9. Abbey mentions that both men he meets are married and have children. Can we assume Abbey is neither? Why or why not?
10. What is an example of the primitive attitudes of Native Americans, as expressed by Abbey?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)