|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Along which river does Bell brave wartime skirmishes and blistering heat to travel the area in search of information in Chapter 17?
2. What is the name of Faisal's official aide from whom Bell learns that the receptions en route to the throne are not going well in 1921?
3. Chapter 29 reveals what emotion filling Bell at the beginning of 1921?
4. Where is Bell's work receiving praise from in early 1917?
5. Following the peace conference in France, Bell meets which soldier during her trip to Baghdad, whom she notes will be useful in the future?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What impact does the death of her mother have upon Bell?
Essay Topic 2
Why are her British colleagues disgruntled with Bell, while the Arabian people call her their Khatun?
Essay Topic 3
Why is it Bell became the honorary secretary of the British Women's Anti-Suffrage League, when she was the only female to hold political power and influence in building the Iraqi government and shaping British imperial policy in the Middle East? What reasons did she provide to explain this dichotomy?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)