|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Late in 1919, Bell's superior is furious about her memo regarding what might be possible in a few years, believing Britain should not do anything to risk losing what?
2. Initially functioning in an unofficial capacity that hinders her progress and status, Bell eventually becomes a full member of Cox's Political Staff of which unit?
3. When Bell stops to visit the new ruler of Syria in September 1919, she learns he is lobbying for support where?
4. Along which river does Bell brave wartime skirmishes and blistering heat to travel the area in search of information in Chapter 17?
5. Bell's role in Cox's unit is to keep track of Ibn Saud and Ibn Rashid, as well as to monitor whose activities?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why in the autumn of 1915 does Bell receive an invitation from a colleague stationed in Cairo?
Essay Topic 2
What sort of relationship does Bell have with her father? How is this reflected in in Wallach's work?
Essay Topic 3
Why are her British colleagues disgruntled with Bell, while the Arabian people call her their Khatun?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)