|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Cox returns to Baghdad in Chapter 27, Bell is quick to share information about the uprisings and unrest among the people who are tired of waiting for what?
2. What does Wallach describe as thrilling Bell in Chapter 23?
3. The first matter of business Bell undertakes in Baghdad upon her return late in 1919 is to draft a report stating that what would be a possibility within a few years?
4. Chapter 32 shows the burgeoning friendship between Faisal and Bell, upon whom the king has come to rely for what advice?
5. The end of World War I means a tough job ahead for a multitude of people in which nation Bell has been adopting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why was Bell the recipient of awards coming from both the British Parliament and the Royal Geographical Society?
Essay Topic 2
How does Bell fare as a student at the University of Oxford? What expectations do people have of her?
Essay Topic 3
How did Bell establish herself as a woman of the world early in her life?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)