|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Faisal and Bell spend much time together doing what activities to get the new king acclimated to his new country following his coronation?
2. By 1917 Bell acquires what in the Political Office?
3. What Persian title do the Arabs refer to Bell by which is approximately the equivalent of queen or empress?
4. The Naqib of Baghdad, the religious leader of which branch of the Islamic faith, shares his discontent with Bell about the decisions of the British government regarding leadership within Syria following the war?
5. When does Bell travel to France to take part in the Paris Peace Conference?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Bell fare as a student at the University of Oxford? What expectations do people have of her?
Essay Topic 2
How did the Cairo Conference go from Bell's perspective? What specifically did she like or dislike?
Essay Topic 3
What impact does the death of her mother have upon Bell?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)