|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Janet Wallach's work a biography of?
2. In the winter of 1909 Bell makes her first journey from Syria to what region?
3. At age two, what is the name of the Middlesbrough home Bell and her family move to?
4. Who will Lawrence one day comes to be known as?
5. Where is Bell's heading on her next trip in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What transpires when Bell arrives back in Damascus in May 1914?
2. What transpires for Bell between the end of 1913 and the end of January 1914?
3. What does the biography find Bell doing at the end of Chapter 5?
4. What has Bell learned on this trip between Damascus and Baghdad in early 1914?
5. What is among the purposes of Bell's trip in May 1914?
6. Where is Bell traveling at the beginning of 1902?
7. What is transpiring in Bell's life at the beginning of Chapter 14?
8. What is the purpose of Bell's journey in the winter of 1909?
9. What takes place upon Cox's return to Baghdad in October 1920?
10. How and when does Gertrude die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does a woman of Bell's intellect and thirst for adventure attain her goals when raised in a Victorian Era environment?
Essay Topic 2
Why are her British colleagues disgruntled with Bell, while the Arabian people call her their Khatun?
Essay Topic 3
How was Bell an ally of Lawrence of Arabia, which Wallach notes in the title of her biography of Bell?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)