|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the British government deny Bell passage to the East following the outbreak of the First World War?
2. Longing to escape her dreary existence in England, when does Bell leave for the East once more?
3. When in 1911 does Bell again leave England for a trip to the East?
4. By the end of her second year, Bell is the first woman to achieve first place in Modern History studies, but fails in what?
5. Delaere serves Bell in what capacity?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways is a burgeoning friendship between Faisal and Bell shown?
2. How and when does Gertrude die?
3. While successful academically, how is it Bell fails in Victorian society?
4. What transpires in May 1920?
5. Where is Bell traveling to at the end of Chapter 6?
6. What transpires upon Cox's return to Baghdad in Chapter 27 and Bell relates her concerns?
7. What is the reaction Bell gets to her position on assisting in the establishment of an Arab State?
8. What is Bell's status at the start of 1921?
9. What transpires for Bell between the end of 1913 and the end of January 1914?
10. Who is Bell with in the summer of 1900?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Bell's role in the establishment of the Baghdad Archaeological Museum?
Essay Topic 2
What impact does the death of her mother have upon Bell?
Essay Topic 3
What is the outcome of Bell publishing her white paper entitled Review of the Civil Administration of Mesopotamia?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)