|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Late in 1919, Bell's superior is furious about her memo regarding what might be possible in a few years, believing Britain should not do anything to risk losing what?
(a) Political dominance over border area with Turkey.
(b) Control over valuable trade routes along the Euphrates and Tigris Rivers.
(c) Strategic military proximity to Persia.
(d) Valuable oil in the Mesopotamian region.
2. What does Wallach describe as thrilling Bell in Chapter 23?
(a) Returning to Tehran.
(b) Returning to Cairo.
(c) Returning to Baghdad.
(d) Returning to Amman.
3. In assisting Cox in establishing a government, Bell feels that Faisal is the obvious choice for the position of emir for what reason?
(a) He appears to be the most stable and intelligent candidate.
(b) He seems to be the most popular and in high regard by populace.
(c) He was ousted from his previous position by the French.
(d) He has the most experience and is held in high regard.
4. Chapter 31 reveals Bell must advise Faisal on how to gain the approval of which individual?
5. in the spring of 1918, Bell works under the command of which acting civil commissioner during Cox's absence?
(a) Arnold T. Wilson.
(b) Frank Lascelles.
(c) H. St. John Philby.
(d) Gilbert Clayton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main purpose of her month-long trip with her beloved father before returning in the first half of 1920?
2. Which general does the British government instruct to appoint a new ruler of Syria once the war is over?
3. The son of the Sharif Hussein will rule with Arab governors and an Arab administration, but he will rule under whose supervision upon conclusion of the war?
4. Bell also feels the lack of what in her life in Chapter 29?
5. What Persian title do the Arabs refer to Bell by which is approximately the equivalent of queen or empress?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)