|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 32 shows the burgeoning friendship between Faisal and Bell, upon whom the king has come to rely for what advice?
(a) Both mundane household and personal issues.
(b) Both political and religious issues.
(c) Both political and mundane household issues.
(d) Both diplomatic and political issues.
2. What is the title of Bell's white paper she publishes in January 1921?
(a) Review of the Civil Administration of Persia.
(b) Review of the Civil Administration of Mesopotamia.
(c) Review of the Civil Administration of Arabia.
(d) Review of the Civil Administration of Iraq.
3. What title does Cox give Bell in 1917?
(a) Mesopotamian Secretary.
(b) Persian Secretary.
(c) Oriental Secretary.
(d) Middle Eastern Secretary.
4. When hearing of Bell leaking the documents in 1920, what does her superior do?
(a) Temporarily confines her to quarters.
(b) Severely chastises her for the indiscretion.
(c) Imposes administrative, non-judicial punishment.
(d) Reports her indiscreton to a British tribunal.
5. Where is Bell's work receiving praise from in early 1917?
(a) Mesopotamian government.
(b) Persian government.
(c) Arab government.
(d) British government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Faisal's official aide from whom Bell learns that the receptions en route to the throne are not going well in 1921?
2. In Chapter 22, following her rest in England, Bell stops in Cairo en route to Baghdad where she takes a meeting with which interior minister?
3. Initially functioning in an unofficial capacity that hinders her progress and status, Bell eventually becomes a full member of Cox's Political Staff of which unit?
4. Chapter 28 finds Bell ebullient at Cox's return when?
5. Late in 1919, Bell's superior is furious about her memo regarding what might be possible in a few years, believing Britain should not do anything to risk losing what?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)