|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The weather is also a major obstacle for Bell in collecting military intelligence information as the intense heat prohibits what?
(a) Proper attire for a lady.
(c) Daytime work.
(d) Midday work.
2. in the spring of 1918, Bell works under the command of which acting civil commissioner during Cox's absence?
(a) Frank Lascelles.
(b) H. St. John Philby.
(c) Gilbert Clayton.
(d) Arnold T. Wilson.
3. What are the secret documents that Bell leaks about in 1920?
(a) A communist government.
(b) A monarchial government.
(c) A constitutional government.
(d) A socialist government.
4. Following the Paris Peace Conference, Bell returns to her home in England to takes a needed rest for how long?
(a) A few months.
(b) One month.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Two weeks.
5. Faisal is eventually elected and his coronation is held when?
(a) December 25, 1921.
(b) October 31, 1921.
(c) November 24, 1921.
(d) August 23, 1921.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bell stops to visit the new ruler of Syria in September 1919, she learns he is lobbying for support where?
2. Who is Bell's superior who is so upset about the memo Bell drafts late in 1919 regarding future possibilities?
3. Why does Bell leak some secret documents to an influential Arab nationalist in 1920?
4. Bell meets up again with Lawrence at the Cairo Conference of 1921 and has what reaction?
5. In the summer of 1920 after Bell informs him of what has been transpiring in his absence, Cox announces that which region is to be made an independent state ?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)