|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cox enlists Bell's help in naming Arab Ministers, and Naqib accepts what position in the last part of 1920?
(a) Minister of war.
(b) Minister of social welfare.
(c) Minister of finance.
(d) Prime minister.
2. What Persian title do the Arabs refer to Bell by which is approximately the equivalent of queen or empress?
3. What are the secret documents that Bell leaks about in 1920?
(a) A constitutional government.
(b) A socialist government.
(c) A monarchial government.
(d) A communist government.
4. At home, following the war, Bell's family's business is suffering huge financial problems due to what?
(a) Strikes and mismanagement while her father was ill.
(b) Strikes and political turmoil subsequent to the war.
(c) Strikes and rebellion against the Victorian social structure.
(d) Strikes and a depression hitting England after the war.
5. As Chapter 32 concludes, Bell's plan for an independent Iraq stands where?
(a) Over a decade off.
(c) Some distance off.
(d) Nearly complete.
Short Answer Questions
1. By 1917 Bell acquires what in the Political Office?
2. Who is the only man who can buoy Bell's spirits in the face of adversity like that of the British influence in the Arab region in early 1920?
3. In assisting Cox in establishing a government, Bell feels that Faisal is the obvious choice for the position of emir for what reason?
4. Chapter 32 shows the burgeoning friendship between Faisal and Bell, upon whom the king has come to rely for what advice?
5. The weather is also a major obstacle for Bell in collecting military intelligence information as the intense heat prohibits what?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)