|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bell learns that the Turks, upset over failure to sign a peace treaty with Britain and France, are embracing what in 1920?
(a) Tibetan propaganda.
(b) Bohemian propoganda.
(c) Hungarian propoganda.
(d) Bolshevik propaganda.
2. What is the main purpose of her month-long trip with her beloved father before returning in the first half of 1920?
(a) To escape political hostilities.
(b) To bolster his spirits following his wife's death.
(c) To ffer support due to his declining career.
(d) To share his feelings about his wife refusing to leave him.
3. The son of the Sharif Hussein will rule with Arab governors and an Arab administration, but he will rule under whose supervision upon conclusion of the war?
4. Bell determines she will have to create what for Faisal and his court for him to be successful?
(a) Suitable political status.
(b) Requisite diplomatic procedures.
(c) Appropriate attire, cultural mannerisms.
(d) Proper ceremonial procedures.
5. While thriving on the work as a spy for England, Bell laments the lack of what?
(a) Comfortable weather.
(d) Opportunity to explore ruins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Following the departure of her mentor, Bell is soon stricken with a bout of which illness?
2. in the spring of 1918, Bell works under the command of which acting civil commissioner during Cox's absence?
3. Faisal and Bell spend much time together doing what activities to get the new king acclimated to his new country following his coronation?
4. Initially functioning in an unofficial capacity that hinders her progress and status, Bell eventually becomes a full member of Cox's Political Staff of which unit?
5. The independent state Cox announces in the summer of 1920 is to be under the guarantee of what?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)