|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The local people are suspicious of Bell's motives and imprison her in the large palace for how long?
(a) From February 24 to March 3, 1914.
(b) From February 24 to March 7, 1914.
(c) From February 24 to February 28, 1914.
(d) From February 24 to March 1, 1914.
2. Who meets Bell in her office at the military intelligence agency?
(a) T.E. Lawrence.
(b) P. Cox.
(c) H. Philby.
(d) A.T. Wilson.
3. What progressive girls' school in London is Bell sent away to?
(a) London College.
(b) Thames College.
(c) Brunswick College.
(d) Queen's College.
4. By the end of May, 1914, Bell is back in England where she receives a prestigious gold medal from whom?
(a) King George V.
(b) House of Lords.
(c) Royal Geographical Society.
(d) House of Commons.
5. Why is it by the summer of 1889 that Bell's feelings for Lascelles's son wane?
(a) He calls upon her less frequently.
(b) He buries himself in politics.
(c) They share few common interests.
(d) He is not as bright, passionate as she.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the winter of 1909 Bell makes her first journey from Syria to what region?
2. What is the purpose of Bell's initial trip to Jerusalem?
3. On this 1905 trip, Bell encounters the Druze and is brought the sheik's what to initiate a professional friendship?
4. Bell launches the first of many trips into the desert, taking along only which employees?
5. In Chapter 2, readers learn Bell attends what school in 1886?
Short Essay Questions
1. What transpires in May 1920?
2. What sort of family is Gertrude Bell born into?
3. How does Chapter 25 open?
4. Chapter 17 opens with Bell's relationship with Lawrence developing in what manner?
5. How does Bell win the man over she met years earlier and who will become her mentor?
6. Who is Bell with in the summer of 1900?
7. What takes place in the autumn of 1915 to take Bell from her dreariness in England?
8. While successful academically, how is it Bell fails in Victorian society?
9. What takes place at the Cairo Conference?
10. What is transpiring in Bell's life at the beginning of Chapter 14?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)