|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a trip across the desert, Bell spends months documenting and photographing what?
(a) Baghdad towers and treasures she finds in desert cities.
(b) The Arabian colosseum and treasures she finds in desert cities.
(c) Stonehenge and treasures she finds in desert cities.
(d) Ancient ruins and treasures she finds in desert cities.
2. In a second trip, Bell comes dangerously close to losing her life on a climb up what rocky surface?
(a) Langfjordjøkelen glacier.
(b) Aletschgletscher glacier.
(c) Salajekna glacier.
(d) Finsteraarhorn glacier.
3. What location does Bell move onto following this warning to turn back?
4. What progressive girls' school in London is Bell sent away to?
(a) Brunswick College.
(b) Thames College.
(c) London College.
(d) Queen's College.
5. A few days into her trip, a Druze band attacks Bell's caravan, but who rescues them?
(a) Jordanian shepherds.
(b) Lebanese soldiers.
(c) Two sheiks.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the end of her second year, Bell is the first woman to achieve first place in Modern History studies, but fails in what?
2. Where is Bell's heading on her next trip in Chapter 7?
3. When she learns an unrequited love who has gone to war has died in battle, Bell does what?
4. At first, the men Bell meets at the start of Chapter 16 are cautious in their interactions with Bell, but she soon wins them over for what reasons?
5. Upon returning home, Bell spends how long writing a new book bearing the title Amurath to Amurath?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bell spend her time doing upon returning to England following her trip to the East in the winter of 1909?
2. What does Bell discover upon returning home in June 1923?
3. What is Bell's plan when facing the challenge of getting Faisal to the throne after the Cairo Conference?
4. What is among the purposes of Bell's trip in May 1914?
5. Where is Bell traveling at the beginning of 1902?
6. What takes place in the autumn of 1915 to take Bell from her dreariness in England?
7. How does Bell win the man over she met years earlier and who will become her mentor?
8. What troubles occur in Chapter 34?
9. Who is Bell with in the summer of 1900?
10. Where does Bell gain her early education?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)