|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, readers learn Bell attends what school in 1886?
(a) University of Oxford.
(b) Trinity University.
(c) Kingston University.
(d) University of Greenwich.
2. What is Bell doing in the remainder of 1911 and 1912?
(a) Lecturing and writing articles on archeology.
(b) Rock climbing, exploring, and writing articles.
(c) Exploring and documenting her journey.
(d) Resting, gardening, and writing articles on archeology.
3. Bell arrives where in November 1913?
4. The British Ambassador in which location is eager to learn what Bell had learned about the people and the area on her journey in early 1914?
5. Where is Bell's heading on her next trip in Chapter 7?
(a) Rabat, Morocco.
(b) Lhasa, Tibet.
(c) Delhi, India.
(d) Islamabad, Pakistan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bell do for the next five years following the loss of Cadogan?
2. What sort of student is Bell at this first school away from home?
3. Bell falls in love with which son of British Minister Frank Lascelles?
4. These esteemed members that Bell meets are graduates from which institutions?
5. Initially unsuccessful in garnering any marriage proposals, Bell turns to travel and journeys where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What troubles occur in Chapter 34?
2. What is among the purposes of Bell's trip in May 1914?
3. What takes place upon Cox's return to Baghdad in October 1920?
4. What does Bell do subsequent to the warning by the Turkish soldiers toward the end of January 1914?
5. How does Bell win the man over she met years earlier and who will become her mentor?
6. What transpires in May 1920?
7. Why is Bell mourning an individual in Chapter 4?
8. What transpires in June 1914 that causes the British government to seek Bell out again?
9. What does the biography find Bell doing at the end of Chapter 5?
10. What is the point of Bell's trip to Jerusalem in November 1899?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)