|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bell venture in August 1901 to overcome her fears of climbing mountains?
2. Following the warning to turn back toward the end of January 1914 and her arrival at a safe location, Bell spends how long there as the guest of a local sheik?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One night.
(c) One week.
(d) A few days.
3. Chapter 14 finds Bell is working for the Red Cross in what location?
4. In Chapter 11, Bell finally sets off on her trek with how many camels in her caravan?
5. What does Bell see along her desert journey in Chapter 5 that causes her to marvel?
(a) Ancient ruins of cities and intact tombs.
(b) Ancient ruins of palaces and cities.
(c) Ancient ruins of palaces and Stonehenge.
(d) Ancient ruins of palaces and intact pyramids.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 4 finds Bell how old and mourning the loss of Cadogan, who has died of pneumonia?
2. Chapter 8 finds Bell is active in which movement in England in 1908?
3. A colleague where needs Bell's knowledge of the Arab countries and her map reading skills and calls for her in the second half of 1915?
4. Bell arrives where in November 1913?
5. In a second trip, Bell comes dangerously close to losing her life on a climb up what rocky surface?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways is a burgeoning friendship between Faisal and Bell shown?
2. What is Bell's role as a member of Cox's Political Staff?
3. Chapter 17 opens with Bell's relationship with Lawrence developing in what manner?
4. What transpires for Bell between the end of 1913 and the end of January 1914?
5. What dark cloud looms on the horizon for Bell at the end of Chapter 34?
6. What is the purpose of Bell's journey in the winter of 1909?
7. Where does Bell gain her early education?
8. What transpires in June 1914 that causes the British government to seek Bell out again?
9. What takes place in the autumn of 1924?
10. What is among the first steps Bell takes in Chapter 23 when she arrives in Baghdad?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)