|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After returning to London in 1889, Bell spends how long in social seasons without garnering any marriage proposals?
(a) One year.
(b) Eighteen months.
(c) Three years.
(d) Six months.
2. Who joins Bell in Turkey?
(a) A hired team of several guards.
(b) A requisite military squad.
(c) A requisite soldier.
(d) Two drivers and vehicles.
3. Whose coronation does Bell attend on June 22, 1911?
(a) George V.
(b) James II.
(c) Charles I.
(d) Edward V.
4. In Chapter 13, Bell stays for several weeks before heading in which direction and arriving on May 1, 1914?
5. When Bell continues eastward and across the Pacific, where in North America does she initially land?
(c) San Francisco.
6. Bell finds herself meeting members of which esteemed group in Chapter 7?
(a) Moroccan Palace Guards.
(b) Indian Civil Service.
(c) Arabian Knights.
(d) Pakistani Army.
7. Bell next goes to stay with the Lascelles at their embassy home in ________, but finds it boring.
(a) Vienna, Austria.
(b) Berlin, Germany.
(c) Berne, Switzerland.
(d) Paris, France.
8. In Chapter 10, the reader learns Bell spends the balance of 1911 and 1912 where?
(a) At home in England.
(b) At home in Baghdad.
(c) In India.
(d) In Tibet.
9. Following the warning to turn back toward the end of January 1914 and her arrival at a safe location, Bell spends how long there as the guest of a local sheik?
(a) A few days.
(b) One night.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One week.
10. Why is it by the summer of 1889 that Bell's feelings for Lascelles's son wane?
(a) They share few common interests.
(b) He buries himself in politics.
(c) He is not as bright, passionate as she.
(d) He calls upon her less frequently.
11. On this trip in Chapter 7, who besides Delaere is accompanying Bell?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her half-sister.
(c) Her half-brother.
(d) Her grandfather.
12. In a trip across the desert, Bell spends months documenting and photographing what?
(a) Ancient ruins and treasures she finds in desert cities.
(b) Stonehenge and treasures she finds in desert cities.
(c) Baghdad towers and treasures she finds in desert cities.
(d) The Arabian colosseum and treasures she finds in desert cities.
13. Bell was born on what date?
(a) July 14, 1868.
(b) July 11, 1867.
(c) July 18, 1868.
(d) July 11. 1868.
14. By the end of May, 1914, Bell is back in England where she receives a prestigious gold medal from whom?
(a) King George V.
(b) House of Lords.
(c) Royal Geographical Society.
(d) House of Commons.
15. Bell eventually gains the confidence of which soldiers who agree to accompany her on her journey over desert sands?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, Bell finally sets off on her trek with how many camels in her caravan?
2. Who were Bell's parents?
3. In May of 1911 Bell meets Thomas Edward Lawrence whose position is what?
4. In the winter of 1909 Bell makes her first journey from Syria to what region?
5. Who will Lawrence one day comes to be known as?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)