|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On this trip in Chapter 7, who besides Delaere is accompanying Bell?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her half-sister.
(d) Her half-brother.
2. By the end of her second year, Bell is the first woman to achieve first place in Modern History studies, but fails in what?
(a) Passing chemistry.
(b) Passing calculus.
(c) Securing a husband.
(d) Passing physics.
3. Bell next goes to stay with the Lascelles at their embassy home in ________, but finds it boring.
(a) Paris, France.
(b) Berlin, Germany.
(c) Vienna, Austria.
(d) Berne, Switzerland.
4. On her 1905 trip, what does Bell plan to study and observe so she can share her findings with the English?
(a) Bedouine and Byzantine people and Roman and Druze ruins.
(b) Roman and Byzantine people and Bedouin and Druze ruins.
(c) Roman and Byzantine ruins and the Bedouin and Druze people.
(d) Bedouine and Byzantine ruins and the Roman and Druze people.
5. Bell will become a spy for which British agency during the First World War?
(a) Royal Marines.
(b) Royal Army.
(c) MI6, the secret intelligence service.
(d) Foreign Office.
6. Bell enters a large house where an Arab woman interrogates her and leaves her in a large room for how long before she may see the Emir Ibrihim?
(a) Four days.
(b) Half a day.
(c) Two hours.
(d) All day.
7. January 1914 ends, water and provisions are running low, and who is sent to warn Bell to turn back?
(a) Lebanese soldiers.
(b) British soldiers.
(c) Turkish soldiers.
(d) Arabian sheiks.
8. Bell finds herself back in the dreariness of England during which season in 1915 in Chapter 15?
9. Following the warning to turn back toward the end of January 1914 and her arrival at a safe location, Bell spends how long there as the guest of a local sheik?
(a) One week.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One night.
(d) A few days.
10. Initially unsuccessful in garnering any marriage proposals, Bell turns to travel and journeys where?
11. What sort of student is Bell at this first school away from home?
12. At age two, what is the name of the Middlesbrough home Bell and her family move to?
(b) Red Oaks.
(c) Red River.
(d) Red Barns.
13. Who are the children of Hugh Bell and Florence Olliffe?
(a) Harry, Molly, and Lisa.
(b) Hugo, Mary, and Lisa.
(c) Harry, Mary, and Elsa.
(d) Hugo, Molly, and Elsa.
14. At first, the men Bell meets at the start of Chapter 16 are cautious in their interactions with Bell, but she soon wins them over for what reasons?
(a) Her tenaciousness and composure.
(b) Her accomplishments and aggressiveness.
(c) Her confidence and aggressiveness.
(d) Her accomplishments and confidence.
15. Where is Bell's heading on her next trip in Chapter 7?
(a) Delhi, India.
(b) Lhasa, Tibet.
(c) Rabat, Morocco.
(d) Islamabad, Pakistan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bell see along her desert journey in Chapter 5 that causes her to marvel?
2. When she embarks in 1909, what knowledge does Bell take with her?
3. In Chapter 2, readers learn Bell attends what school in 1886?
4. Who is Janet Wallach's work a biography of?
5. What does Bell do for the next five years following the loss of Cadogan?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)