|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: The Khatun, Chapters 33, 34, 35 and 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Bell travel to France to take part in the Paris Peace Conference?
(a) December 1918.
(b) March 1919.
(c) January 1919.
(d) February 1919.
2. At the end of Chapter 35, what does Bell pend much of her time doing?
(b) Playing tennis.
(d) Riding horses.
3. In the summer of 1920 after Bell informs him of what has been transpiring in his absence, Cox announces that which region is to be made an independent state ?
4. The Bell family fortune is slipping away, and she returns to Baghdad at what point in Chapter 35?
(a) Spring 1924.
(b) Autumn 1923.
(c) Winter 1923.
(d) Summer 1923.
5. The king service is a perfect opportunity for Bell and Cornwallis to initiate flirtations as the pair spends much time together in which situations?
(a) Both social and household.
(b) Both business and social.
(c) Both political and diplomatic.
(d) Both diplomatic and cultural.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the new Iraqi government stand come Chapter 34?
2. By 1917 Bell acquires what in the Political Office?
3. The weather is also a major obstacle for Bell in collecting military intelligence information as the intense heat prohibits what?
4. Initially functioning in an unofficial capacity that hinders her progress and status, Bell eventually becomes a full member of Cox's Political Staff of which unit?
5. Faisal is regal but cautious in his maneuvers in Iraq, a country he has what?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)