|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: The Khatun, Chapters 33, 34, 35 and 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 30, what is Bell's plan to get Faisal to the throne?
(a) Travel to Baghdad, gaining unanimous support en route.
(b) Travel to Bucharest, gaining unanimous support en route.
(c) Travel to Baghdad, gaining unanimous support on arrival.
(d) Travel to Baghdad, gaining unanimous support prior to departure.
2. Chapter 5 finds Bell traveling to Jerusalem in what month and year?
(a) September 1899.
(b) July 1899.
(c) December 1888.
(d) November 1899.
3. Chapter 35 finds Bell returning to England when, only to discover most of the house now closed off and the servants dismissed to conserve expenditures?
(a) July 1923.
(b) June 1923.
(c) August 1923.
(d) May 1923.
4. On her 1905 trip, what does Bell plan to study and observe so she can share her findings with the English?
(a) Roman and Byzantine people and Bedouin and Druze ruins.
(b) Roman and Byzantine ruins and the Bedouin and Druze people.
(c) Bedouine and Byzantine ruins and the Roman and Druze people.
(d) Bedouine and Byzantine people and Roman and Druze ruins.
5. Chapter 6 finds Bell where in the summer of 1900?
(a) Touring in Turkey.
(b) At home in England.
(c) On holiday in Paris.
(d) Returning to Jerusalem.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the King of Syria's brothers is the King of Iraq following the First World War?
2. In the winter of 1909 Bell makes her first journey from Syria to what region?
3. In Chapter 13, Bell stays for several weeks before heading in which direction and arriving on May 1, 1914?
4. The king service is a perfect opportunity for Bell and Cornwallis to initiate flirtations as the pair spends much time together in which situations?
5. Who will Lawrence one day comes to be known as?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)