|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: The Khatun, Chapters 29, 30, 31 and 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At home, following the war, Bell's family's business is suffering huge financial problems due to what?
(a) Strikes and mismanagement while her father was ill.
(b) Strikes and rebellion against the Victorian social structure.
(c) Strikes and political turmoil subsequent to the war.
(d) Strikes and a depression hitting England after the war.
2. What adventure does Bell tackle before returning to England in July 1903?
(a) Climbing in the Rocky Mountains.
(b) Rafting the Colorado River in the Grand Canyon.
(c) Crossing the Mojave Desert.
(d) Trekking through Baja California.
3. The British government once more seeks Bell out at the start of World War I for her information on the region, and she advises they organize the Arabs against which people?
4. Who joins Bell in Turkey?
(a) A hired team of several guards.
(b) Two drivers and vehicles.
(c) A requisite military squad.
(d) A requisite soldier.
5. What does Bell do for the next five years following the loss of Cadogan?
(a) Travels and learns several European languages.
(b) Studies in America, but achieves no additional degrees.
(c) Donates herself to teaching children with handicaps.
(d) Travels, but to no real purpose.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first matter of business Bell undertakes in Baghdad upon her return late in 1919 is to draft a report stating that what would be a possibility within a few years?
2. Following the peace conference in France, Bell meets which soldier during her trip to Baghdad, whom she notes will be useful in the future?
3. Whose coronation does Bell attend on June 22, 1911?
4. Where is Bell's heading on her next trip in Chapter 7?
5. As Cox returns to Baghdad in Chapter 27, Bell is quick to share information about the uprisings and unrest among the people who are tired of waiting for what?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)