|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: A Victorian, Chapters 13, 14, 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the children of Hugh Bell and Florence Olliffe?
(a) Harry, Mary, and Elsa.
(b) Hugo, Mary, and Lisa.
(c) Harry, Molly, and Lisa.
(d) Hugo, Molly, and Elsa.
2. Bell falls in love with which young man toward the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Herbert Cadogan.
(b) Hewitt Cadogan.
(c) Henry Cadogan.
(d) Harold Cadogan.
3. When World War I begins, the British have concerns regarding Turkish trade routes to India and what else?
(a) Egyptian petroleum fields.
(b) Jordan petroleum fields.
(c) The Tigris and Euphrates Rivers.
(d) Persian petroleum fields.
4. In Chapter 11, Bell finally sets off on her trek with how many camels in her caravan?
5. What city do Bell and her caravan reach in Chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. Bell arrives where in November 1913?
2. In Chapter 10, the reader learns Bell spends the balance of 1911 and 1912 where?
3. By the end of her second year, Bell is the first woman to achieve first place in Modern History studies, but fails in what?
4. Bell is ready to make a journey into where in November 1913, but encounters a number of delays?
5. Who is Janet Wallach's work a biography of?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)