|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: A Victorian, Chapters 13, 14, 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, Bell stays for several weeks before heading in which direction and arriving on May 1, 1914?
2. What is Bell's response to spending the winter away from her English home?
(a) She finds the customs and culture to be very similar to those in England.
(b) She thinks that Romania, having only achieved freedom just over a decade before, has little in the way of culture.
(c) She is particularly taken by customs and culture so different from England.
(d) She is especially lonely, missing England, her home, and her father.
3. Bell was born on what date?
(a) July 18, 1868.
(b) July 14, 1868.
(c) July 11. 1868.
(d) July 11, 1867.
4. Bell finds herself back in the dreariness of England during which season in 1915 in Chapter 15?
5. Where is Bell's heading on her next trip in Chapter 7?
(a) Rabat, Morocco.
(b) Islamabad, Pakistan.
(c) Delhi, India.
(d) Lhasa, Tibet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bell see along her desert journey in Chapter 5 that causes her to marvel?
2. The local people are suspicious of Bell's motives and imprison her in the large palace for how long?
3. Longing to escape her dreary existence in England, when does Bell leave for the East once more?
4. Bell falls in love with which son of British Minister Frank Lascelles?
5. In May of 1911 Bell meets Thomas Edward Lawrence whose position is what?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)