|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: A Victorian, Chapters 13, 14, 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After returning to London in 1889, Bell spends how long in social seasons without garnering any marriage proposals?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three years.
(c) One year.
(d) Eighteen months.
2. Which men does Bell meet at the British consul in Chapter 16?
(a) H. Philby, A. T. Wilson, and H. Dobbs.
(b) H. Philby, T.E. Lawrence, and P. Cox.
(c) W. Churchill, G. Clayton, and P. Cox.
(d) H. Philby, A. T. Wilson, and P. Cox.
3. In Chapter 13, Bell stays for several weeks before heading in which direction and arriving on May 1, 1914?
4. Janet Wallach shows Bell is more comfortable in the company of men, noting it is probably as a result of what?
(a) Her mother dying young and her civil, but distant, relations with stepmother.
(b) Her extremely close relationship with her father.
(c) Her unhesitant insistence to approach them as equals.
(d) Her particularly close relationship with her brother.
5. Chapter 14 finds Bell is working for the Red Cross in what location?
Short Answer Questions
1. Bell enters a large house where an Arab woman interrogates her and leaves her in a large room for how long before she may see the Emir Ibrihim?
2. What sort of student is Bell at this first school away from home?
3. In the winter of 1909 Bell makes her first journey from Syria to what region?
4. Chapter 5 finds Bell traveling to Jerusalem in what month and year?
5. These esteemed members that Bell meets are graduates from which institutions?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)