|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: A Victorian, Chapters 13, 14, 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bell do for the next five years following the loss of Cadogan?
(a) Travels and learns several European languages.
(b) Donates herself to teaching children with handicaps.
(c) Travels, but to no real purpose.
(d) Studies in America, but achieves no additional degrees.
2. Bell finds herself meeting members of which esteemed group in Chapter 7?
(a) Moroccan Palace Guards.
(b) Indian Civil Service.
(c) Pakistani Army.
(d) Arabian Knights.
3. Where does Bell obtain this knowledge?
(a) Royal Astronomical Society.
(b) Royal Army Geography Corps.
(c) Royal Army Engineer Academy.
(d) Royal Geographical Society.
4. Bell was born on what date?
(a) July 18, 1868.
(b) July 14, 1868.
(c) July 11, 1867.
(d) July 11. 1868.
5. Why does Hugh Bell not deem Cadogan to be a fit suitor and refuse to consent to their marrying?
(a) He feels their age difference will be a factor in an unhappy marriage.
(b) He is still in the university, feels he is too young.
(c) His family's financially embarrassing position in society.
(d) He is not as bright as his daughter, feels she can do better.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bell arrives where in November 1913?
2. In a trip across the desert, Bell spends months documenting and photographing what?
3. The British Ambassador in which location is eager to learn what Bell had learned about the people and the area on her journey in early 1914?
4. In Chapter 13, Bell stays for several weeks before heading in which direction and arriving on May 1, 1914?
5. What is suffering a decline in this country where Bell is in 1912 that draws her attention?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)