|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: A Victorian, Chapters 13, 14, 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bell active in this movement in 1908?
(a) She resents male/female inequality.
(b) Traditional Victorians favor segregating working and ruling classes.
(c) She values tradition; social movement is counter to her core Victorian beliefs.
(d) She favors equal voting rights.
2. On her 1905 trip, what does Bell plan to study and observe so she can share her findings with the English?
(a) Roman and Byzantine ruins and the Bedouin and Druze people.
(b) Bedouine and Byzantine people and Roman and Druze ruins.
(c) Bedouine and Byzantine ruins and the Roman and Druze people.
(d) Roman and Byzantine people and Bedouin and Druze ruins.
3. When in 1911 does Bell again leave England for a trip to the East?
4. Chapter 16 finds Bell in the East disembarking from a what?
(a) Troop transport ship.
(b) Troop transport trailer.
(c) Troop transport lorry (truck).
(d) Troop transport train.
5. Janet Wallach shows Bell is more comfortable in the company of men, noting it is probably as a result of what?
(a) Her extremely close relationship with her father.
(b) Her particularly close relationship with her brother.
(c) Her unhesitant insistence to approach them as equals.
(d) Her mother dying young and her civil, but distant, relations with stepmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 4 finds Bell how old and mourning the loss of Cadogan, who has died of pneumonia?
2. What location does Bell move onto following this warning to turn back?
3. Bell arrives where in November 1913?
4. On this trip in Chapter 7, who besides Delaere is accompanying Bell?
5. In Chapter 2, readers learn Bell attends what school in 1886?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)