|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: A Victorian, Chapters 13, 14, 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The British government once more seeks Bell out at the start of World War I for her information on the region, and she advises they organize the Arabs against which people?
2. What is the purpose of Bell's initial trip to Jerusalem?
(a) To study Bodish and enter the Arabic world.
(b) To study Hebrew and enter the Arabic world.
(c) To study Altai and enter the Arabic world.
(d) To study Arabic and enter the Arabic world.
3. In Chapter 10, the reader learns Bell spends the balance of 1911 and 1912 where?
(a) In India.
(b) At home in Baghdad.
(c) In Tibet.
(d) At home in England.
4. Where does Bell obtain this knowledge?
(a) Royal Geographical Society.
(b) Royal Army Geography Corps.
(c) Royal Army Engineer Academy.
(d) Royal Astronomical Society.
5. At age two, what is the name of the Middlesbrough home Bell and her family move to?
(a) Red Oaks.
(c) Red Barns.
(d) Red River.
Short Answer Questions
1. Longing to escape her dreary existence in England, when does Bell leave for the East once more?
2. Who are the children of Hugh Bell and Florence Olliffe?
3. Who meets Bell in her office at the military intelligence agency?
4. Bell arrives where in November 1913?
5. January 1914 ends, water and provisions are running low, and who is sent to warn Bell to turn back?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)