|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: A Victorian, Chapters 9, 10, 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the end of her second year, Bell is the first woman to achieve first place in Modern History studies, but fails in what?
(a) Passing calculus.
(b) Passing physics.
(c) Passing chemistry.
(d) Securing a husband.
2. A few days into her trip, a Druze band attacks Bell's caravan, but who rescues them?
(a) Two sheiks.
(c) Jordanian shepherds.
(d) Lebanese soldiers.
3. What progressive girls' school in London is Bell sent away to?
(a) Thames College.
(b) Brunswick College.
(c) Queen's College.
(d) London College.
4. When do Bell and her entourage reach Bombay?
(a) January 1903.
(b) November 1902.
(c) October 1892.
(d) December 1902.
5. Bell finds herself meeting members of which esteemed group in Chapter 7?
(a) Arabian Knights.
(b) Indian Civil Service.
(c) Moroccan Palace Guards.
(d) Pakistani Army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bell falls in love with which son of British Minister Frank Lascelles?
2. Who will Lawrence one day comes to be known as?
3. On this 1905 trip, Bell encounters the Druze and is brought the sheik's what to initiate a professional friendship?
4. After returning to London in 1889, Bell spends how long in social seasons without garnering any marriage proposals?
5. Victorian England allows Bell the comforts of her family's wealth, but also limits the possibilities in life for woman like Bell for what reasons?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)