|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: A Victorian, Chapters 9, 10, 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When in 1911 does Bell again leave England for a trip to the East?
2. When she embarks in 1909, what knowledge does Bell take with her?
(a) Surveying, map making, and astronomy.
(b) Surveying, map making, and astrology.
(c) Surveillance, map making, and astronomy.
(d) Surveying, geography, and astronomy.
3. Upon returning home, Bell spends how long writing a new book bearing the title Amurath to Amurath?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 9 months.
(c) 18 months.
(d) 15 months.
4. In Chapter 2, what school does Bell attend?
(a) Essex University.
(b) Camelot University.
(c) Kingston University.
(d) University of Oxford.
5. Bell next goes to stay with the Lascelles at their embassy home in ________, but finds it boring.
(a) Paris, France.
(b) Vienna, Austria.
(c) Berlin, Germany.
(d) Berne, Switzerland.
Short Answer Questions
1. These esteemed members that Bell meets are graduates from which institutions?
2. In the winter of 1909 Bell makes her first journey from Syria to what region?
3. What does Bell see along her desert journey in Chapter 5 that causes her to marvel?
4. What sort of student is Bell at this first school away from home?
5. What is the purpose of Bell's initial trip to Jerusalem?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)