|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: A Victorian, Chapters 9, 10, 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Bell's heading on her next trip in Chapter 7?
(a) Islamabad, Pakistan.
(b) Rabat, Morocco.
(c) Lhasa, Tibet.
(d) Delhi, India.
2. After returning to London in 1889, Bell spends how long in social seasons without garnering any marriage proposals?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three years.
(c) One year.
(d) Eighteen months.
3. Chapter 8 finds Bell is active in which movement in England in 1908?
(c) Women's rights.
4. Victorian England allows Bell the comforts of her family's wealth, but also limits the possibilities in life for woman like Bell for what reasons?
(a) Bright, driven women cannot channel their energies outside academia.
(b) Even bright, driven men seek only women in mother-servant role.
(c) Bright, driven women receive no proposals from equivalent men.
(d) The only occupation for Victorian women outside academia is nursing.
5. In the summer of 1902, which individual does Bell hire?
(a) Marilyn Delaere.
(b) Marsha Delaere.
(c) Marie Delaere.
(d) Martha Delaere.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what school does Bell attend?
2. Bell falls in love with which son of British Minister Frank Lascelles?
3. In the winter of 1909 Bell makes her first journey from Syria to what region?
4. Bell next goes to stay with the Lascelles at their embassy home in ________, but finds it boring.
5. What is the purpose of Bell's initial trip to Jerusalem?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)