|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: A Victorian, Chapters 5, 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bell see along her desert journey in Chapter 5 that causes her to marvel?
(a) Ancient ruins of palaces and Stonehenge.
(b) Ancient ruins of palaces and cities.
(c) Ancient ruins of cities and intact tombs.
(d) Ancient ruins of palaces and intact pyramids.
2. Why is it by the summer of 1889 that Bell's feelings for Lascelles's son wane?
(a) He calls upon her less frequently.
(b) He buries himself in politics.
(c) They share few common interests.
(d) He is not as bright, passionate as she.
3. When do Bell and her entourage reach Bombay?
(a) November 1902.
(b) December 1902.
(c) January 1903.
(d) October 1892.
4. Where does Bell visit with her stepmother's sister in 1889 to develop a social life?
5. Bell finds herself meeting members of which esteemed group in Chapter 7?
(a) Pakistani Army.
(b) Moroccan Palace Guards.
(c) Indian Civil Service.
(d) Arabian Knights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 8 finds Bell is active in which movement in England in 1908?
2. On this trip in Chapter 7, who besides Delaere is accompanying Bell?
3. Who are the children of Hugh Bell and Florence Olliffe?
4. By the end of her second year, Bell is the first woman to achieve first place in Modern History studies, but fails in what?
5. In Chapter 2, what school does Bell attend?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)