|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: A Victorian, Chapters 5, 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On her 1905 trip, what does Bell plan to study and observe so she can share her findings with the English?
(a) Bedouine and Byzantine people and Roman and Druze ruins.
(b) Bedouine and Byzantine ruins and the Roman and Druze people.
(c) Roman and Byzantine people and Bedouin and Druze ruins.
(d) Roman and Byzantine ruins and the Bedouin and Druze people.
2. Bell finds herself meeting members of which esteemed group in Chapter 7?
(a) Indian Civil Service.
(b) Pakistani Army.
(c) Moroccan Palace Guards.
(d) Arabian Knights.
3. Chapter 5 finds Bell traveling to Jerusalem in what month and year?
(a) September 1899.
(b) December 1888.
(c) November 1899.
(d) July 1899.
4. Bell launches the first of many trips into the desert, taking along only which employees?
(a) A cook and two muleteers.
(b) A cook, a cameleer, and a civilian guard.
(c) A cook and two cameleers.
(d) A cook, a muleteer, and a civilian guard.
5. What does Bell do for the next five years following the loss of Cadogan?
(a) Donates herself to teaching children with handicaps.
(b) Travels, but to no real purpose.
(c) Studies in America, but achieves no additional degrees.
(d) Travels and learns several European languages.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 4 finds Bell how old and mourning the loss of Cadogan, who has died of pneumonia?
2. Where is Bell's heading on her next trip in Chapter 7?
3. Why does Hugh Bell not deem Cadogan to be a fit suitor and refuse to consent to their marrying?
4. In what season of 1871 does Mary Bell die of complications giving birth to a son whose name is Maurice?
5. Initially unsuccessful in garnering any marriage proposals, Bell turns to travel and journeys where?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)