|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: A Victorian, Chapters 5, 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 5 finds Bell traveling to Jerusalem in what month and year?
(a) November 1899.
(b) July 1899.
(c) September 1899.
(d) December 1888.
2. In Chapter 2, readers learn Bell attends what school in 1886?
(a) University of Greenwich.
(b) Kingston University.
(c) Trinity University.
(d) University of Oxford.
3. Chapter 8 finds Bell is active in which movement in England in 1908?
(d) Women's rights.
4. On this trip in Chapter 7, who besides Delaere is accompanying Bell?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her half-sister.
(d) Her half-brother.
5. In a second trip, Bell comes dangerously close to losing her life on a climb up what rocky surface?
(a) Finsteraarhorn glacier.
(b) Aletschgletscher glacier.
(c) Salajekna glacier.
(d) Langfjordjøkelen glacier.
Short Answer Questions
1. These esteemed members that Bell meets are graduates from which institutions?
2. Delaere serves Bell in what capacity?
3. Bell falls in love with which young man toward the end of Chapter 3?
4. Who are the children of Hugh Bell and Florence Olliffe?
5. What adventure does Bell tackle before returning to England in July 1903?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)