|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: A Victorian, Chapters 5, 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Initially unsuccessful in garnering any marriage proposals, Bell turns to travel and journeys where?
2. Bell next goes to stay with the Lascelles at their embassy home in ________, but finds it boring.
(a) Berlin, Germany.
(b) Berne, Switzerland.
(c) Vienna, Austria.
(d) Paris, France.
3. Why is it by the summer of 1889 that Bell's feelings for Lascelles's son wane?
(a) He calls upon her less frequently.
(b) They share few common interests.
(c) He is not as bright, passionate as she.
(d) He buries himself in politics.
4. Chapter 6 finds Bell where in the summer of 1900?
(a) Touring in Turkey.
(b) Returning to Jerusalem.
(c) On holiday in Paris.
(d) At home in England.
5. Where does Bell venture in August 1901 to overcome her fears of climbing mountains?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins Bell in Turkey?
2. What progressive girls' school in London is Bell sent away to?
3. Chapter 5 finds Bell traveling to Jerusalem in what month and year?
4. When Bell continues eastward and across the Pacific, where in North America does she initially land?
5. What does Bell see along her desert journey in Chapter 5 that causes her to marvel?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)