|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: The Khatun, Chapters 29, 30, 31 and 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bell was born on what date?
(a) July 18, 1868.
(b) July 11, 1867.
(c) July 11. 1868.
(d) July 14, 1868.
2. At the start of 1902, Bell makes another trip to the East, stopping where before returning to England by the summer?
(a) Algiers, Smyrna, and Jerusalem.
(b) Algiers, Syria, and Jerusalem.
(c) Lebanon, Syria, and Mauritania.
(d) Lhasa, Algiers, and Syria.
3. What is the main purpose of her month-long trip with her beloved father before returning in the first half of 1920?
(a) To share his feelings about his wife refusing to leave him.
(b) To ffer support due to his declining career.
(c) To bolster his spirits following his wife's death.
(d) To escape political hostilities.
4. In Chapter 2, readers learn Bell attends what school in 1886?
(a) University of Oxford.
(b) Trinity University.
(c) University of Greenwich.
(d) Kingston University.
5. Bell also feels the lack of what in her life in Chapter 29?
(a) A serious research project to be working on.
(b) Inability to enage in rock climbing in desert.
(c) Any real friends.
(d) Ability to make significant constribution to governmental progress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What title does Cox give Bell in 1917?
2. Bell is ready to make a journey into where in November 1913, but encounters a number of delays?
3. How long does the British government deny Bell passage to the East following the outbreak of the First World War?
4. Who are the children of Hugh Bell and Florence Olliffe?
5. Upon returning home, Bell spends how long writing a new book bearing the title Amurath to Amurath?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)