|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: The Khatun, Chapters 29, 30, 31 and 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Initially functioning in an unofficial capacity that hinders her progress and status, Bell eventually becomes a full member of Cox's Political Staff of which unit?
(a) India Expeditionary Force D.
(b) Mesopotamian Expeditionary force B.
(c) Middle Eastern Expeditionary Force C.
(d) Persian Expeditionary Force A.
2. In Chapter 11, Bell finally sets off on her trek with how many camels in her caravan?
3. The first matter of business Bell undertakes in Baghdad upon her return late in 1919 is to draft a report stating that what would be a possibility within a few years?
(a) A Persian State.
(b) A Jordanian State.
(c) An Arab State.
(d) An Egyptian State.
4. At the start of 1902, Bell makes another trip to the East, stopping where before returning to England by the summer?
(a) Lebanon, Syria, and Mauritania.
(b) Algiers, Smyrna, and Jerusalem.
(c) Lhasa, Algiers, and Syria.
(d) Algiers, Syria, and Jerusalem.
5. Chapter 29 reveals what emotion filling Bell at the beginning of 1921?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hugh Bell not deem Cadogan to be a fit suitor and refuse to consent to their marrying?
2. Who is Bell's superior who is so upset about the memo Bell drafts late in 1919 regarding future possibilities?
3. When in 1911 does Bell again leave England for a trip to the East?
4. When does Bell travel to France to take part in the Paris Peace Conference?
5. Bell eventually gains the confidence of which soldiers who agree to accompany her on her journey over desert sands?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)