|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: The Khatun, Chapters 29, 30, 31 and 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Churchill pleases Bell at the Cairo Conference of 1921?
(a) His management style.
(b) His witty charm.
(c) He switches from the Conservatives to Liberals in 1904.
(d) His professional interest.
2. A few weeks following the presentation of her white paper in early 1921, Bell is one of which individuals that Winston Churchill summons for a meeting?
(a) Small group of orientalists.
(b) Small group of historical mappers.
(c) Small group of intelligence agents.
(d) Small group of archeologists.
3. Initially functioning in an unofficial capacity that hinders her progress and status, Bell eventually becomes a full member of Cox's Political Staff of which unit?
(a) Middle Eastern Expeditionary Force C.
(b) Mesopotamian Expeditionary force B.
(c) India Expeditionary Force D.
(d) Persian Expeditionary Force A.
4. Chapter 31 reveals Bell must advise Faisal on how to gain the approval of which individual?
5. Bell was born on what date?
(a) July 18, 1868.
(b) July 14, 1868.
(c) July 11. 1868.
(d) July 11, 1867.
Short Answer Questions
1. A colleague where needs Bell's knowledge of the Arab countries and her map reading skills and calls for her in the second half of 1915?
2. When do Bell and her entourage reach Bombay?
3. What does Wallach describe as thrilling Bell in Chapter 23?
4. What are the secret documents that Bell leaks about in 1920?
5. The local people are suspicious of Bell's motives and imprison her in the large palace for how long?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)