|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: The Khatun, Chapters 29, 30, 31 and 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 6 finds Bell where in the summer of 1900?
(a) Returning to Jerusalem.
(b) At home in England.
(c) Touring in Turkey.
(d) On holiday in Paris.
2. Who is the only man who can buoy Bell's spirits in the face of adversity like that of the British influence in the Arab region in early 1920?
(a) Richard Doughty-Wylie.
(b) Her father.
(c) T.E. Lawrence.
(d) Percy Cox.
3. The end of World War I means a tough job ahead for a multitude of people in which nation Bell has been adopting?
4. In the winter of 1909 Bell makes her first journey from Syria to what region?
5. When in 1911 does Bell again leave England for a trip to the East?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wallach describe as thrilling Bell in Chapter 23?
2. Bell will become a spy for which British agency during the First World War?
3. What does Bell see along her desert journey in Chapter 5 that causes her to marvel?
4. When Bell stops to visit the new ruler of Syria in September 1919, she learns he is lobbying for support where?
5. These esteemed members that Bell meets are graduates from which institutions?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)