|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: A Victorian, Chapters 9, 10, 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it by the summer of 1889 that Bell's feelings for Lascelles's son wane?
(a) He is not as bright, passionate as she.
(b) They share few common interests.
(c) He buries himself in politics.
(d) He calls upon her less frequently.
2. In a second trip, Bell comes dangerously close to losing her life on a climb up what rocky surface?
(a) Aletschgletscher glacier.
(b) Finsteraarhorn glacier.
(c) Langfjordjøkelen glacier.
(d) Salajekna glacier.
3. In Chapter 2, what school does Bell attend?
(a) Camelot University.
(b) Essex University.
(c) University of Oxford.
(d) Kingston University.
4. Whose coronation does Bell attend on June 22, 1911?
(a) George V.
(b) Charles I.
(c) James II.
(d) Edward V.
5. When do Bell and her entourage reach Bombay?
(a) November 1902.
(b) December 1902.
(c) January 1903.
(d) October 1892.
Short Answer Questions
1. A few days into her trip, a Druze band attacks Bell's caravan, but who rescues them?
2. Where does Bell venture in August 1901 to overcome her fears of climbing mountains?
3. Bell was born on what date?
4. Who is Janet Wallach's work a biography of?
5. Bell next goes to stay with the Lascelles at their embassy home in ________, but finds it boring.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)