|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: A Victorian, Chapters 9, 10, 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bell next goes to stay with the Lascelles at their embassy home in ________, but finds it boring.
(a) Berlin, Germany.
(b) Vienna, Austria.
(c) Paris, France.
(d) Berne, Switzerland.
2. What does Bell do for the next five years following the loss of Cadogan?
(a) Travels, but to no real purpose.
(b) Studies in America, but achieves no additional degrees.
(c) Donates herself to teaching children with handicaps.
(d) Travels and learns several European languages.
3. Victorian England allows Bell the comforts of her family's wealth, but also limits the possibilities in life for woman like Bell for what reasons?
(a) Even bright, driven men seek only women in mother-servant role.
(b) The only occupation for Victorian women outside academia is nursing.
(c) Bright, driven women receive no proposals from equivalent men.
(d) Bright, driven women cannot channel their energies outside academia.
4. When Bell continues eastward and across the Pacific, where in North America does she initially land?
(d) San Francisco.
5. Who will Lawrence one day comes to be known as?
(a) Lawrence of Arabia.
(b) Lawrence of Syria.
(c) Lawrence of Palestine.
(d) Lawrence of Lebanon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What progressive girls' school in London is Bell sent away to?
2. Who joins Bell in Turkey?
3. When she embarks in 1909, what knowledge does Bell take with her?
4. When do Bell and her entourage reach Bombay?
5. In a trip across the desert, Bell spends months documenting and photographing what?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)