|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: A Victorian, Chapters 9, 10, 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the winter of 1909 Bell makes her first journey from Syria to what region?
2. When do Bell and her entourage reach Bombay?
(a) January 1903.
(b) December 1902.
(c) November 1902.
(d) October 1892.
3. What city do Bell and her caravan reach in Chapter 12?
4. The local people are suspicious of Bell's motives and imprison her in the large palace for how long?
(a) From February 24 to February 28, 1914.
(b) From February 24 to March 1, 1914.
(c) From February 24 to March 3, 1914.
(d) From February 24 to March 7, 1914.
5. Why is it by the summer of 1889 that Bell's feelings for Lascelles's son wane?
(a) He is not as bright, passionate as she.
(b) He buries himself in politics.
(c) He calls upon her less frequently.
(d) They share few common interests.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a trip across the desert, Bell spends months documenting and photographing what?
2. Delaere serves Bell in what capacity?
3. In a second trip, Bell comes dangerously close to losing her life on a climb up what rocky surface?
4. On her 1905 trip, what does Bell plan to study and observe so she can share her findings with the English?
5. When Bell continues eastward and across the Pacific, where in North America does she initially land?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)