|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: A Victorian, Chapters 9, 10, 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of Bell's initial trip to Jerusalem?
(a) To study Arabic and enter the Arabic world.
(b) To study Bodish and enter the Arabic world.
(c) To study Hebrew and enter the Arabic world.
(d) To study Altai and enter the Arabic world.
2. Who joins Bell in Turkey?
(a) A requisite military squad.
(b) A requisite soldier.
(c) Two drivers and vehicles.
(d) A hired team of several guards.
3. In the winter of 1909 Bell makes her first journey from Syria to what region?
4. When do Bell and her entourage reach Bombay?
(a) October 1892.
(b) January 1903.
(c) December 1902.
(d) November 1902.
5. In May of 1911 Bell meets Thomas Edward Lawrence whose position is what?
(a) Junior archaeologist.
(b) Royal archeologist.
(c) Junior geologish.
(d) Senior archeologist.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, the reader learns Bell spends the balance of 1911 and 1912 where?
2. Chapter 5 finds Bell traveling to Jerusalem in what month and year?
3. What does Bell see along her desert journey in Chapter 5 that causes her to marvel?
4. In the summer of 1902, which individual does Bell hire?
5. Bell falls in love with which young man toward the end of Chapter 3?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)