|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: The Khatun, Chapters 17, 18, 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Bell's work receiving praise from in early 1917?
(a) Arab government.
(b) British government.
(c) Mesopotamian government.
(d) Persian government.
2. Bell eventually gains the confidence of which soldiers who agree to accompany her on her journey over desert sands?
3. Bell arrives where in November 1913?
4. When in 1911 does Bell again leave England for a trip to the East?
5. Why is Bell active in this movement in 1908?
(a) She favors equal voting rights.
(b) Traditional Victorians favor segregating working and ruling classes.
(c) She values tradition; social movement is counter to her core Victorian beliefs.
(d) She resents male/female inequality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were Bell's parents?
2. In the winter of 1909 Bell makes her first journey from Syria to what region?
3. In what season of 1871 does Mary Bell die of complications giving birth to a son whose name is Maurice?
4. What is the purpose of Bell's initial trip to Jerusalem?
5. When do Bell and her entourage reach Bombay?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)