|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: The Khatun, Chapters 17, 18, 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who meets Bell in her office at the military intelligence agency?
(a) A.T. Wilson.
(b) H. Philby.
(c) P. Cox.
(d) T.E. Lawrence.
2. Bell's role in Cox's unit is to keep track of Ibn Saud and Ibn Rashid, as well as to monitor whose activities?
(a) Lebanese spies.
(b) Austrian-Hungarian spies.
(c) Turkish spies.
(d) German spies.
3. On her 1905 trip, what does Bell plan to study and observe so she can share her findings with the English?
(a) Bedouine and Byzantine people and Roman and Druze ruins.
(b) Bedouine and Byzantine ruins and the Roman and Druze people.
(c) Roman and Byzantine ruins and the Bedouin and Druze people.
(d) Roman and Byzantine people and Bedouin and Druze ruins.
4. The British government once more seeks Bell out at the start of World War I for her information on the region, and she advises they organize the Arabs against which people?
5. Chapter 4 finds Bell how old and mourning the loss of Cadogan, who has died of pneumonia?
(a) Age 25.
(b) Age 24.
(c) Age 23.
(d) Age 26.
Short Answer Questions
1. By March 1917, the British are in control of which location to which Cox summons Bell?
2. The British Ambassador in which location is eager to learn what Bell had learned about the people and the area on her journey in early 1914?
3. In a trip across the desert, Bell spends months documenting and photographing what?
4. Where does Bell obtain this knowledge?
5. What is Bell's reaction to losing her trusted mentor in the summer of 1918?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)