|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: The Khatun, Chapters 25, 26, 27 and 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Following the warning to turn back toward the end of January 1914 and her arrival at a safe location, Bell spends how long there as the guest of a local sheik?
(a) A few days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) One night.
2. In the summer of 1920 after Bell informs him of what has been transpiring in his absence, Cox announces that which region is to be made an independent state ?
3. A few days into her trip, a Druze band attacks Bell's caravan, but who rescues them?
(a) Lebanese soldiers.
(c) Jordanian shepherds.
(d) Two sheiks.
4. Initially functioning in an unofficial capacity that hinders her progress and status, Bell eventually becomes a full member of Cox's Political Staff of which unit?
(a) Persian Expeditionary Force A.
(b) Middle Eastern Expeditionary Force C.
(c) Mesopotamian Expeditionary force B.
(d) India Expeditionary Force D.
5. In the winter of 1909 Bell makes her first journey from Syria to what region?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bell doing in the remainder of 1911 and 1912?
2. In May of 1911 Bell meets Thomas Edward Lawrence whose position is what?
3. What city do Bell and her caravan reach in Chapter 12?
4. Bell's role in Cox's unit is to keep track of Ibn Saud and Ibn Rashid, as well as to monitor whose activities?
5. At home, following the war, Bell's family's business is suffering huge financial problems due to what?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)