|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: The Khatun, Chapters 25, 26, 27 and 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The independent state Cox announces in the summer of 1920 is to be under the guarantee of what?
(a) North Arabic Treaty Organization (NATO).
(b) League of Nations.
(c) Middle Eastern Allied States (MEAS).
(d) United Nations.
2. In Chapter 11, Bell finally sets off on her trek with how many camels in her caravan?
3. In May of 1911 Bell meets Thomas Edward Lawrence whose position is what?
(a) Junior geologish.
(b) Royal archeologist.
(c) Junior archaeologist.
(d) Senior archeologist.
4. As Cox returns to Baghdad in Chapter 27, Bell is quick to share information about the uprisings and unrest among the people who are tired of waiting for what?
(a) A democratic government.
(b) An Arab ruler.
(c) A Egyptian ruler.
(d) A union of republican nations.
5. Much of Bell's information is provided by Richard (Dick) Doughty-Wylie who is now living where?
Short Answer Questions
1. Bell enters a large house where an Arab woman interrogates her and leaves her in a large room for how long before she may see the Emir Ibrihim?
2. Where does Bell escort her father on a month-long trip in Chapter 25?
3. When she returns from her week away in the summer of 1918, Bell learns that Cox is leaving for which British consulate?
4. Bell thrills to the possibility of defining a whole new country as she pores over her maps of which areas upon the conclusion of World War I?
5. Why does Bell leak some secret documents to an influential Arab nationalist in 1920?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)