|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: The Khatun, Chapters 25, 26, 27 and 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the King of Syria's brothers is the King of Iraq following the First World War?
2. The independent state Cox establishes in the summer of 1920 is to be subject to whose mandate?
(a) Great Britain.
(c) Arab States.
3. The weather is also a major obstacle for Bell in collecting military intelligence information as the intense heat prohibits what?
(a) Proper attire for a lady.
(b) Daytime work.
(d) Midday work.
4. When hearing of Bell leaking the documents in 1920, what does her superior do?
(a) Reports her indiscreton to a British tribunal.
(b) Temporarily confines her to quarters.
(c) Severely chastises her for the indiscretion.
(d) Imposes administrative, non-judicial punishment.
5. Bell thrills to the possibility of defining a whole new country as she pores over her maps of which areas upon the conclusion of World War I?
(a) Persia, Lebanon, Syria, Kuwait, and Mesopotamia.
(b) Persia, Turkey, Syria, Kuwait, and Mesopotamia.
(c) Persia, Turkey, Syria, Kuwait, and India.
(d) Persia, Turkey, Syria, Jordan, and Mesopotamia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bell doing in the remainder of 1911 and 1912?
2. Upon returning home, Bell spends how long writing a new book bearing the title Amurath to Amurath?
3. In Chapter 10, the reader learns Bell spends the balance of 1911 and 1912 where?
4. What is suffering a decline in this country where Bell is in 1912 that draws her attention?
5. As Cox returns to Baghdad in Chapter 27, Bell is quick to share information about the uprisings and unrest among the people who are tired of waiting for what?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)