Part 1: A Victorian, Chapters 1, 2, 3 and 4
1. Who is Janet Wallach's work a biography of?
(a) Gertrude Magdalena Lowthian Bell.
(b) Gertrude Maegan Lowthian Bell.
(c) Gertrude Margaret Lowthian Bell.
(d) Geraldine Maria Lowthian Bell.
2. Who were Bell's parents?
(a) Hugh and Mary Shield Bell.
(b) Hugh and Melody Stark Bell.
(c) Hugh and Margaret Steele Bell.
(d) Hugh and Melissa Sands Bell.
3. Bell was born on what date?
(a) July 11, 1867.
(b) July 14, 1868.
(c) July 18, 1868.
(d) July 11. 1868.
4. At age two, what is the name of the Middlesbrough home Bell and her family move to?
(b) Red Barns.
(c) Red River.
(d) Red Oaks.
5. In what season of 1871 does Mary Bell die of complications giving birth to a son whose name is Maurice?
6. Who are the children of Hugh Bell and Florence Olliffe?
(a) Hugo, Molly, and Elsa.
(b) Hugo, Mary, and Lisa.
(c) Harry, Mary, and Elsa.
(d) Harry, Molly, and Lisa.
7. What progressive girls' school in London is Bell sent away to?
(a) Queen's College.
(b) Thames College.
(c) London College.
(d) Brunswick College.
This section contains 5,239 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)