|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is lying next to Sinclair in the long hall?
2. What creature does Pistorius compare Sinclairs technique of regulating his flying height to?
3. What happens at the end of Sinclair's vision?
4. Who speaks the name Abraxas in this chapter?
5. What kind of building is Sinclair drawn to in this chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How different would Sinclair life have been if he stayed in the light realm? What do the students think will happen to Sinclair if he stays in the forbidden realm?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the values of early 20th century Germany.
1) In what way did the values of the older generation clash with the younger generation?
2) What part did religion play in early 20th century life?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Hesse's life. In what way do you think his life and personality are reflected in the book?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)