|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pistorius encourage Sincalir to maintain?
2. What has Pistorius left the seminary to pursue?
3. What does the note say the bird fights its way out of?
4. What sparkles in Eva's hair?
5. What is Abraxas' aim?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the values of early 20th century Germany.
1) In what way did the values of the older generation clash with the younger generation?
2) What part did religion play in early 20th century life?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns in Germany during the 20th century. How does Hesse express these concerns?
2) How would the novel's meaning change if it were set in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
Why is Demian so important to Sinclair? What would have happened to Sinclair if he had not not met Demain? How can Sinclair put Demian's teaching into his own ideas?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)