|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sinclair meet at the beginning of the chapter?
(a) Alfons Beck
(b) James Dean
(c) Freda Fromby
(d) Eva Janus
2. What does Sinclair find it easy to do in this chapter?
(a) Do the school work
(b) Read minds
(c) Fall in love
(d) Leave his family
3. What else does Sinclair think is threat to his security?
(a) His black sense of humor
(b) His sexuality
(c) His eating habits
(d) His bad thoughts
4. What are the students surprised that Demian and his mother do not attend?
(a) Christmas carols
(d) Parents evening
5. Who does Sinclair blame for his lack of feeling?
(a) His parents
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of school did Sinclair go to?
2. What does Demian say it is possible to will?
3. Where does Sinclair see the woman he becomes fixated on?
4. What does Demian read in this chapter?
5. How does Sinclair feel when Demain gets Kromer off his back?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Demain tell Sinclair in chapter 8?
2. What new perspective does Demain give Sinclair on the story of Cain and Abel?
3. What are Sinclair's hopes and ambitions at the beginning of the story?
4. How does Sinclair initially react when Demian gives his interpretation of Cain and Abel in chapter 2?
5. How does Kromer bully Sinclair?
6. How does Sinclair save Knaurer in chapter 6?
7. How does Sinclair try to attract the girl he sees in the park in chapter 4?
8. Why is Demain a fascination for the other boys?
9. Why does Sinclair feel he has to fight to stay alive in chapter 8?
10. How are Sinclair's new thoughts threatening his security?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)