|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sinclair go home for in this chapter?
(a) His birthday
(b) His father's birthday
2. What does Sinclair attempt in this chapter?
(a) To talk to a woman
(b) To apologize to his father
(c) To withdraw into himself
(d) To give a bible class
3. What else does Sinclair think is threat to his security?
(a) His bad thoughts
(b) His eating habits
(c) His sexuality
(d) His black sense of humor
4. What does Sinclair feel unworthy of?
(a) His life
(d) Anyone's love
5. What does Demian think Cain is marked for?
(d) Eternal life
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes Franz Kromer?
2. Which of the following best describes Sinclair's theory of two worlds?
3. What secret does Demian share with Sinclair in this chapter?
4. What country is the novel set in?
5. How does Demian suggest Sinclair should get rid of Kromer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What theory does Sinclair develops in chapter 3?
2. How does Sinclair's life change for the better when Demian gets rid of Kromer?
3. How does Sinclair initially react when Demian gives his interpretation of Cain and Abel in chapter 2?
4. How do things change for the worse at the end of chapter 7?
5. Why do the other students start to treat Sinclair with respect?
6. How does Pistorius interpret one of Sinclair's flying dreams in chapter 5?
7. How does Pistorius help Sinclair to break free of himself in chapter 6?
8. How does Sinclair try to attract the girl he sees in the park in chapter 4?
9. What does the sparrow hawk symbolize?
10. What destructive pattern does Sinclair follow in chapter 4?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)