|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alfons tell Sinclair about?
(a) His exploits with women
(b) His religious beliefs
(c) His exploits in bible class
(d) His family
2. What does Sinclair find it easy to do in this chapter?
(a) Leave his family
(b) Do the school work
(c) Read minds
(d) Fall in love
3. What bird does Demian call Sinclair's attention to?
(a) An eagle
(b) A sparrow hawk
(c) A robin
(d) A blue tit
4. Why can Sinclair not say good bye to Demian?
(a) They have had an argument
(b) Demian is attending the same school
(c) He is away on a trip
(d) He is meditating
5. Who does Sinclair want to save him?
(b) His father
(c) His mother
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Sinclair's parents decide to send him?
2. What is the name of the main character?
3. What does Demian say causes a person to enter the dark side?
4. What does Sinclair want to return to his family as?
5. What does Sinclair fantasize about enjoying?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sinclair initially react when Demian gives his interpretation of Cain and Abel in chapter 2?
2. What does Demain share with Sinclair in chapter 3?
3. How does Kromer bully Sinclair?
4. What theory does Sinclair develops in chapter 3?
5. Describe the vision Sinclair has in chapter 8?
6. Why do the other students start to treat Sinclair with respect?
7. How does Sinclair react when Pistorius stops being his guide?
8. What are Sinclair's fears regarding Kromer and his family?
9. What does Sinclair find in a book on his desk in chapter 5?
10. How does Sinclair's world change when he meets Kromer?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)