|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sinclair's father dismiss Demian's ideas as?
2. What does SInclair say he is torn between in this chapter?
(a) His parents beliefs and Demian's teachings
(b) Kromer and Demian
(c) The new world and the old world
(d) Love and hate
3. What does Kromer demand from Sinclair?
(b) His pants
(c) A kiss
(d) His loyalty
4. What does Sinclair drink with Alfons?
5. What does Alfons tell Sinclair about?
(a) His family
(b) His exploits with women
(c) His exploits in bible class
(d) His religious beliefs
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Demian say he would have as a friend rather than the repentant thief?
2. Who do the students think Demian has been intimate with?
3. What does Sinclair call the world outside the world of light?
4. What book does Sinclair say he follows in this chapter?
5. What country is the novel set in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What dominates Sinclair's thoughts during his travels?
2. How does Sinclair's life change for the better when Demian gets rid of Kromer?
3. How does Eva and Sinclair's relationship become deeper in chapter 7?
4. What does Sinclair learn about the organist in this chapter?
5. How do Demian and Sinclair meet again in chapter 7?
6. In what way does Demian beome part of Sinclair's thoughts in chapter 4?
7. Why does Sinclair feel he has to fight to stay alive in chapter 8?
8. How is Sinclair's dream about the sparrow hawk significant?
9. How does Sinclair try to attract the girl he sees in the park in chapter 4?
10. Summarize the novel.
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)