|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sinclair say that drunkards do to their wives?
(a) Gamble them away
(b) Rape them
(c) Beat them
(d) Put them down
2. Who does Sinclair meet at the beginning of the chapter?
(a) James Dean
(b) Freda Fromby
(c) Eva Janus
(d) Alfons Beck
3. What does Demian encourage Sinclair to interpret with imagination?
(b) Religious stories
(c) People's thoughts
(d) Bible lessons
4. Who does Sinclair post his painting of the sparrow to?
5. What does Demian explain to Sinclair in this chapter?
(a) How to have fun
(b) The art of drawing into oneself
(c) How to read music
(d) The art of talking to women
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sinclair feel when Demain gets Kromer off his back?
2. Where does Sinclair see the woman he becomes fixated on?
3. Who do the students think Demian has been intimate with?
4. What does Demian think Cain is marked for?
5. What does Sinclair say he has stolen?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Sinclair's new thoughts threatening his security?
2. How is Sinclair's dream about the sparrow hawk significant?
3. How does Eva give Sinclair confidence at the beginning of chapter 8?
4. How does Sinclair's life change for the better when Demian gets rid of Kromer?
5. What is Sinclair's main conflict in chapter 3?
6. Who is Abraxas?
7. What new perspective does Demain give Sinclair on the story of Cain and Abel?
8. How does Pistorius interpret one of Sinclair's flying dreams in chapter 5?
9. What dominates Sinclair's thoughts during his travels?
10. What does Pitorius encourage Sinclair to do at the beginning of chapter 6?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)