|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sinclair want to return to his family as?
(a) A family man
(b) The prodigal son
(c) A priest
(d) A soldier
2. What kind of school did Sinclair go to?
(a) Catholic school
(b) Latin school
(c) Grammar school
(d) Public school
3. What does Sinclair fantasize about enjoying?
(a) Sunday dinner
(c) The forbidden
4. Why can Sinclair not say good bye to Demian?
(a) Demian is attending the same school
(b) He is away on a trip
(c) He is meditating
(d) They have had an argument
5. What word best describes Franz Kromer?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sinclair feel unworthy of?
2. What does Demian read in this chapter?
3. What book does Sinclair say he follows in this chapter?
4. What does Sinclair go home for in this chapter?
5. Who does Sinclair blame for his lack of feeling?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Demian encourage Sinclair to look at religion in chapter 3?
2. Describe the vision Sinclair has in chapter 8?
3. How are Sinclair's new thoughts threatening his security?
4. Describe the portrait Sinclair paints in chapter 4.
5. What does Sinclair's father say about Demian's interpretation of Cain and Abel?
6. How does Sinclair's world change when he meets Kromer?
7. Describe the character of Demain.
8. What does Demain tell Sinclair in chapter 8?
9. Who is Abraxas?
10. What dreadful event happens at the beginning of chapter 8?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)