|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sinclair ask about Demian's interpretation of Cain and Abel?
(a) His teacher
(c) His father
(d) The priest
2. Which of Sinclair's friends does he think he has painted?
3. What does Alfons tell Sinclair about?
(a) His family
(b) His religious beliefs
(c) His exploits with women
(d) His exploits in bible class
4. What does Sinclair say the face in his portrait is?
5. Why does Demian say he would be friends with the unrepentant thief?
(a) He had character
(b) He had money
(c) He was honest
(d) He knew about the world
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Demian think Cain is marked for?
2. What does Sinclair refer to the world his parents live in?
3. What country is the novel set in?
4. Who did Sinclair steal the apples from?
5. What does Sinclair find it easy to do in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sinclair feel when he enters boarding school?
2. How does Pistorius help Sinclair to break free of himself in chapter 6?
3. What does Sinclair find in a book on his desk in chapter 5?
4. What does Demain tell Sinclair in chapter 8?
5. What does Sinclair learn about the organist in this chapter?
6. How does Knaurer react to Sinclair's kindness in chapter 6?
7. What stage has Sinclair reached in his life in chapter 1?
8. Why is Demain a fascination for the other boys?
9. What new perspective does Demain give Sinclair on the story of Cain and Abel?
10. What are Sinclair's fears regarding Kromer and his family?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)