|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sinclair say he likes the organists music?
(a) It is dark
(b) It is moral
(c) It is immoral
(d) It is fun
2. Who is the first of Sinclair's friends to go to the front?
3. What is Demain practising for in the garden?
(a) A boxing match
(b) A sermon
(c) A baseball game
(d) A football match
4. What does the note say the bird fights its way out of?
(a) The atmosphere
(b) The egg
(d) The nest
5. How does Sinclair regulate the height of his flight?
(b) Pumping his legs
(c) Holding and releasing his breath
(d) Clicking his fingers
6. Where does Demain say Sinclair can find him?
(a) At his mother's house
(b) The telephone book
(c) From within
(d) In hell
7. Which language is the text in that Sinclair and Pistorius study in this chapter?
8. What do the two men talk about not following in this chapter?
(c) The herd
(d) The government
9. Who is the woman a combination of?
(a) Sinclair's mother and father
(b) Beatrice and Sinclair's mother
(c) Demian and Beatrice
(d) Demian and Sinclair's mother
10. Why does Sinclair like Nietzsche?
(a) He has faith
(b) He has followed his destiny
(c) He is not over complicated
(d) He has a nice writing style
11. Who does Sinclair try to summon at the beginning of this chapter?
12. What does Pistorius encourage Sincalir to maintain?
(a) His body
(b) His relationships
(c) His humor
(d) His self respect
13. Who does Sinclair ask the organist he knows?
14. What does Sinclair say he feels on his forehead?
(a) The mark of Cain
(b) The blood of Christ
(c) Samson's fist
(d) The mark of Samson
15. What kind of music does Sinclair hear on a walk through town?
(a) Organ music
(b) Guitar music
(c) Heavy metal
(d) Violin music
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pistorius say that those who follow Abraxas will have?
2. What creature does Pistorius compare Sinclairs technique of regulating his flying height to?
3. What does Sinclair begin to dream about in this chapter?
4. What is Eva in the city?
5. Who does Sinclair think he keeps seeing on his travels?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)