|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is inside the abandoned building?
2. Which language is the text in that Sinclair and Pistorius study in this chapter?
3. Who does Sinclair ask the organist he knows?
4. Who is the woman a combination of?
(a) Beatrice and Sinclair's mother
(b) Sinclair's mother and father
(c) Demian and Sinclair's mother
(d) Demian and Beatrice
5. What is Knaurer frustrated by at the end of his talks with Sinclair?
(a) His dislike for Sinclair
(b) His lust for Sinclair
(c) Sinclair's lack of empathy
(d) Sinclair's happiness
6. What was Jacob wrestling with when he spoke the words?
(a) A bat
(b) An angel
(c) A ghoul
(d) A devil
7. Whose ideas does Pistorius want to preach?
8. What does Sinclair have to become for Abraxas to leave him?
(c) Blameless and normal
(d) Happy and healthy
9. Where does Sinclair follow the organist to?
(a) A ship
(b) A monastry
(c) A hotel
(d) A tavern
10. What is the organists name?
11. What do the two men talk about not following in this chapter?
(b) The herd
(d) The government
12. What does Pistorius say that those who follow Abraxas will have?
(a) Seven virgins
13. What is Eva in the city?
(a) A queen
(b) A pauper
(c) A princess
(d) A goddess
14. What does Abraxus not take exception to?
(a) Black humor
(c) Good or evil thoughts
15. Who kisses Sinclair at the end of the book?
(c) His mother
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose words does Sinclair recall at the beginning of the chapter?
2. What does Sinclair feel the presence of in his vision?
3. What does Sinclair see in the fire?
4. Where has Demain hung Sinclair's picture of the sparrow hawk?
5. What does Knaurer struggle with?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)