|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which language is the text in that Sinclair and Pistorius study in this chapter?
2. What does the picture of Demian mother bear the features of?
(a) Sinclair's destiny
(b) The forbidden realm
(c) Light and happiness
(d) Sinclair's hopes
3. What is Sinclair doing when he has a vision?
(a) Packing his bags
(c) Standing guard
(d) Eating sandwiches
4. Who does Sinclair ask the organist he knows?
5. What does Sinclair have to become for Abraxas to leave him?
(b) Happy and healthy
(d) Blameless and normal
6. Who is inside the abandoned building?
7. What does Pistorius say that those who follow Abraxas will have?
(a) Seven virgins
8. What does Sinclair write on a piece of paper?
(a) He wants to see Demian
(b) He needs help
(c) He wants to die
(d) He needs women
9. What does Sinclair do in this chapter when he can't sleep?
10. What does Demian say will prevail?
(a) The forbidden realm
(b) Humanity and nature
11. What kind of dream does Pistorius interpret?
(a) A falling dream
(b) A death dream
(c) A flying dream
(d) A teeth dream
12. What has Pistorius left the seminary to pursue?
(b) Intellectual pursuits
13. What is Eva in the city?
(a) A pauper
(b) A princess
(c) A queen
(d) A goddess
14. Who is lying next to Sinclair in the long hall?
(a) His father
15. Who speaks the name Abraxas in this chapter?
(a) A sparrow hawk
(b) Sinclair's teacher
(c) The head boy
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Demain say he recognizes Sinclair?
2. How does Sinclair regulate the height of his flight?
3. What does Sinclair want to study at university?
4. What does Pistorius encourage Sincalir to maintain?
5. Who is one of the men who Sinclair overhears talking on the street?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)