|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things does Sinclair dream Eva is?
(a) A sun and a breeze
(b) A cloud and a moon
(c) An ocean and a star
(d) A squirrel and a nut
2. Who kisses Sinclair at the end of the book?
(b) His mother
3. Where does Sinclair find the note?
(a) Under his pillow
(b) On the chalk board
(c) On his chair
(d) On his desk
4. What is the name of Demian's mother?
5. Who is inside the abandoned building?
6. What does Abraxus not take exception to?
(a) Good or evil thoughts
(d) Black humor
7. What noise comes from the bars as Sinclair walks past?
(a) Music and laughter
(b) Shouts and breaking glass
(c) Donkeys breying
(d) Women shrieking
8. What is Abraxas' aim?
(a) To guard heaven
(b) To preside over hell
(c) To unite godly and devilish elements
(d) To unite all races
9. What creature does Pistorius compare Sinclairs technique of regulating his flying height to?
10. Who does Pistorius want to live among as a priest
(c) Non believers
11. Why does Sinclair like Nietzsche?
(a) He has faith
(b) He has followed his destiny
(c) He has a nice writing style
(d) He is not over complicated
12. What is Eva in the city?
(a) A goddess
(b) A pauper
(c) A queen
(d) A princess
13. What does Pistorius's father do for a living?
(d) Rag and bone man
14. What philosopher does Sinclair say he likes in this chapter?
15. What does Pitorious say the worship of Abraxas needs?
(a) A sacrifice
(b) A community
(c) A shared idea
(d) A Bible
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Knaurer trying to do in the abandoned building?
2. What kind of music does Sinclair hear on a walk through town?
3. What does Sinclair do in this chapter when he can't sleep?
4. What is Knaurer's profession?
5. What does the note say the bird fights its way out of?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)