|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What creature does Pistorius compare Sinclairs technique of regulating his flying height to?
2. Which language is the text in that Sinclair and Pistorius study in this chapter?
3. What is Eva in the city?
(a) A pauper
(b) A goddess
(c) A queen
(d) A princess
4. Who does Sinclair link the image in his dream to?
(d) His father
5. How does Sinclair regulate the height of his flight?
(b) Holding and releasing his breath
(c) Clicking his fingers
(d) Pumping his legs
6. What does Demian say will prevail?
(a) Humanity and nature
(c) The forbidden realm
7. Who sends Sinclair a kiss?
(a) His sister
(b) His mother
8. What does Pitorious say the worship of Abraxas needs?
(a) A shared idea
(b) A Bible
(c) A community
(d) A sacrifice
9. Who does Sinclair try to summon at the beginning of this chapter?
10. What philosopher does Sinclair say he likes in this chapter?
11. Who does Sinclair think he keeps seeing on his travels?
(b) Demian's mother
(d) His father
12. What is Abraxas' aim?
(a) To unite all races
(b) To preside over hell
(c) To unite godly and devilish elements
(d) To guard heaven
13. What do the two men talk about not following in this chapter?
(c) The herd
(d) The government
14. What was Jacob wrestling with when he spoke the words?
(a) A bat
(b) A ghoul
(c) A devil
(d) An angel
15. Why does Sinclair say he likes the organists music?
(a) It is immoral
(b) It is dark
(c) It is fun
(d) It is moral
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Demain say Sinclair can find him?
2. Who does the note say the bird flies to?
3. What does Sinclair see in the clouds?
4. What does Sinclair see in the fire?
5. What bible story does Demain relate to Knaurer?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)