|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who will Germany be fighting in a war?
2. What does Pistorius's father do for a living?
(a) Rag and bone man
3. What does Sinclair see in the clouds?
(b) A city
(c) A university
4. Whose former home does Sinclair visit in chapter 7?
(b) His own
5. What is Demain practising for in the garden?
(a) A sermon
(b) A football match
(c) A boxing match
(d) A baseball game
6. Where does Sinclair find the note?
(a) On the chalk board
(b) Under his pillow
(c) On his desk
(d) On his chair
7. What does the picture of Demian mother bear the features of?
(a) Sinclair's hopes
(b) Sinclair's destiny
(c) Light and happiness
(d) The forbidden realm
8. What does Sinclair say he feels on his forehead?
(a) The blood of Christ
(b) The mark of Cain
(c) The mark of Samson
(d) Samson's fist
9. What does Sinclair do in this chapter when he can't sleep?
10. What does Sinclair write on a piece of paper?
(a) He wants to see Demian
(b) He needs help
(c) He needs women
(d) He wants to die
11. What is Knaurer trying to do in the abandoned building?
(a) Make a voodoo doll
(b) Light a fire
(c) Practice his white magic
(d) Kill himself
12. What happens at the end of Sinclair's vision?
(a) He is taken prisoner
(b) He faints
(c) He is shot
(d) He falls in a river
13. What does Abraxus not take exception to?
(a) Good or evil thoughts
(d) Black humor
14. How does Sinclair regulate the height of his flight?
(b) Clicking his fingers
(c) Pumping his legs
(d) Holding and releasing his breath
15. What is Abraxas' aim?
(a) To unite godly and devilish elements
(b) To unite all races
(c) To guard heaven
(d) To preside over hell
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Knaurer talk about?
2. What does Pistorius want to be?
3. What kind of music does Sinclair hear on a walk through town?
4. Whose ideas does Pistorius want to preach?
5. What does Knaurer struggle with?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)