|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sinclair attempt in this chapter?
(a) To apologize to his father
(b) To talk to a woman
(c) To withdraw into himself
(d) To give a bible class
2. What country is the novel set in?
3. What does Sinclair feel he is growing away from in this chapter?
(a) His studies
(b) His family
4. What does Sinclair find it easy to do in this chapter?
(a) Read minds
(b) Fall in love
(c) Leave his family
(d) Do the school work
5. What else does Sinclair think is threat to his security?
(a) His sexuality
(b) His black sense of humor
(c) His eating habits
(d) His bad thoughts
6. What does Sinclair call the woman he meets in the park?
7. What does SInclair say he is torn between in this chapter?
(a) His parents beliefs and Demian's teachings
(b) Kromer and Demian
(c) The new world and the old world
(d) Love and hate
8. Who does Demian say presides over the bad side of the world?
(d) The devil
9. Who does Sinclair long to see?
(a) His father
(b) Demian's mother
(c) His mother
10. What is half the body of the sparrow hawk stuck in?
(c) A dark globe
(d) An egg
11. What does Sinclair say that drunkards do to their wives?
(a) Put them down
(b) Beat them
(c) Rape them
(d) Gamble them away
12. Who does Demian say presides over the good side of the world?
13. Where does Sinclair have a troublesome meeting in the rain with Kromer?
(a) The town square
(b) The school gym
(c) A cafe
(d) Kromer's house
14. What kind of state does Sinclair find Demian in in this chapter?
(a) A trance
(c) A crying fit
(d) A seizure
15. Who does Sinclair blame for his lack of feeling?
(c) His parents
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Kromer demand Sinclair do to pay off his debt?
2. What is Alfons' position in the boarding school?
3. What relationship in Sinclair's life begins to deteriorate?
4. What is the sparrow hawk painted onto?
5. What does Demian think Cain is marked for?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)