|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Sinclair's parents decide to send him?
(a) Boarding school
(b) A monastry
2. What does Sinclair despair of ever doing in this chapter?
(a) Becoming a good person
(b) Freeing himself from Kromer
(c) Falling in love
(d) Being accepted by his peers
3. Who does Sinclair meet for the first time in chapter 2?
(a) Franz Kromer
(b) Johann Halzburg
(c) Max Demian
(d) Johnny Rotten
4. Which of the following does Kromer demand Sinclair do to pay off his debt?
(b) Go to church
(c) Give away his bike
5. What Bible story does the teacher tell in the class Sinclair shares with Demian?
(a) Good Samaritan
(b) The parting of the red sea
(c) Cain and Abel
(d) Samson and Deliah
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sinclair say that drunkards do to their wives?
2. What does Sinclair think that Demian's ideas threaten?
3. What country is the novel set in?
4. What does Demian encourage Sinclair to interpret with imagination?
5. What does Demian say causes a person to enter the dark side?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)