|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "buck fever", which is described as a possibility in Chapter 28?
2. When does the Delta Force land in Egypt?
3. Who has the authority to "flip the switch" to call the Delta Force into action?
4. Out of the rescue mission's total 132 men, how many are part of the Delta Force?
5. What causes a command control problem for the Delta Forces in Chapter 25?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes are made to the plan for fueling and refueling in Chapters 36 and 37?
2. What is Beckwith focused on as the book ends?
3. How does Beckwith describe the vulnerability of the mission in Chapter 39?
4. What problems are the helicopter pilots having in Chapter 35, and which possible solutions are presented?
5. What test does Beckwith give the soldiers in Chapter 28, and how do they respond?
6. How does Beckwith explain the relationship between evaluators and commanders?
7. What are some of the elements to the tests given in Chapter 30?
8. Who travels to Washington on behalf of Delta Force in Chapter 31 and what is the situation that is taking place?
9. What are the difficulties in gathering intelligence that Beckwith describes in Chapter 32?
10. Why does Beckwith test his soldiers as he does in Chapter 28?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Prologue in "Delta Force" introduces the main mission and crisis of the story, as well as the intent of Beckwith in designing the program.
1) Describe the general purpose of a prologue and the similarities and differences between the Prologue of "Delta Force" and the standard use of a prologue in general.
2) Explain the situation that is taking place during the Prologue and why it will be a major theme for the story.
3) Analyze Beckwith's intentions for designing Delta Force and how they are substantiated in the Prologue.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the planning of the mission at Bong Son, including the meetings that Beckwith has, how he is injured, why he is almost left behind, and his recovery. Also, provide an analysis of what Beckwith observes while in the hospital.
Essay Topic 3
Beckwith makes plans to update and release his blueprint for Delta Force.
1) Explain how the Joint Chiefs of Staff are comprised and their role in the military and the government.
2) Describe how Beckwith works with the Joint Chiefs of Staff and others to update his plans for Delta Force.
3) Explain the use of a "salesman" and why it is necessary for the presentation of the program in briefings.
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)