|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is it decided that pilots should refuel for the mission?
2. What moves Beckwith about the actions of the top government officials?
3. How many men from Delta Force are sent to Washington?
4. What does NCO stand for?
5. Which camp is part of the communication channels that run through the CIA and the JCS?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Beckwith describe the specialized handling of helicopters in Chapter 45?
2. What test does Beckwith give the soldiers in Chapter 28, and how do they respond?
3. How does Beckwith describe the Operators Course in Chapter 23?
4. How does Beckwith explain the relationship between evaluators and commanders?
5. What problems are the helicopter pilots having in Chapter 35, and which possible solutions are presented?
6. Why does Beckwith test his soldiers as he does in Chapter 28?
7. What is happening to Delta Force in Chapter 38?
8. How does Beckwith describe the vulnerability of the mission in Chapter 39?
9. What is unique about the physical fitness training of the soldiers in Delta Force?
10. How does Beckwith describe the men of Delta Force in Chapter 24?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze General Meyer's involvement in Delta Force's history throughout the book. Include a description of Meyer, his background and position, and all of the ways that he helps Beckwith in developing and implementing Delta Force.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the nine-month search and destroy mission that Beckwith is on during his second trip to Vietnam in 1968. Include the details of the events that take place on the mission, the losses and injuries Beckwith writes about, and why the experience continues to haunt him several years later as he is writing the book.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the selection process for Delta Force in detail, including the tests that are done, the results of the initial intakes, the significance of the Green Berets and the Rangers in the process, and how Beckwith obtains enough soldiers to begin training.
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)