|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which case influences the trick exercise given in Chapter 28?
2. How does the president react to the outcome of the rescue mission?
3. Who is working on the helicopters during the rescue mission?
4. Besides General Jones, which department's representative joins Beckwith in Chapter 46?
5. What potential error does Beckwith mention at the end of Chapter 35?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems are the helicopter pilots having in Chapter 35, and which possible solutions are presented?
2. What is the level of command and breakdown of the participants in Eagle Claw?
3. What are some of the elements to the tests given in Chapter 30?
4. How does Beckwith handle the press in Chapter 46?
5. What is Beckwith focused on as the book ends?
6. Who travels to Washington on behalf of Delta Force in Chapter 31 and what is the situation that is taking place?
7. Why does Beckwith test his soldiers as he does in Chapter 28?
8. How does the president react to the cancellation of the mission?
9. How does Beckwith explain the relationship between evaluators and commanders?
10. What does Beckwith inform the generals he will need in order to complete the mission successfully in Chapter 34?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Beckwith uses several military terms throughout the book that allow the reader to be informed in military procedures.
1) Describe the difference between "use" and "misuse" in the military.
2) Describe the term that Beckwith uses to refer to enemy territory and why.
3) What is room clearing and what are its procedures?
Essay Topic 2
In "Delta Force", Beckwith discusses the value of minor paranoia in the military.
1) Explain the military definitions of paranoia that Beckwith provides in the book and compare them to the standard definitions of paranoia for civilians.
2) Describe how paranoia can be a positive sign in the military.
3) Explain how much paranoia certain soldiers should have, which situations it might be more evident in, and why.
Essay Topic 3
Beckwith's trip to Vietnam proves to be an important step in the development of Delta Force.
1) Describe Beckwith's mission in Vietnam and how he acclimates himself to the Vietnamese.
2) Explain how Beckwith assembles the first Delta Force on a base in Vietnam.
3) Describe the battle at Plei Me and the involvement of the Air Force.
4) Compare the disagreement about the helicopters used in Plei Me with the complications that happen with the helicopters used in Operation Eagle Claw.
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)