|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beckwith call the enemy territory in Chapter 13?
2. In Chapter 10, which place does Beckwith mention an argument about competing operations?
3. What is Beckwith's tone of the book?
4. What year is it when Beckwith first brings his report to his supervisor?
5. What does S.A.S. stand for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the flexibility of the soldiers explained in the planning stages of Delta Force?
2. What does Beckwith observe while he is recovering from his injury?
3. What are the definitions of "used" and "misused" as they are referred to during the military meetings in Chapter 13?
4. How is Beckwith reunited with his wife and children, and what leads him to go back to Vietnam?
5. What is the bond being created between Beckwith and his soldiers in Chapter 12?
6. How does the Delta Force reach the point where they are ready to begin training in Chapter 22?
7. What are the results of the first two runs of the Delta Force selection process?
8. What is needed in order for Delta Force to fit in the military hierarchy, and what are the results of the first attempt to accomplish this?
9. What happens between Beckwith and the supervisor the day after he presents his report?
10. How is Beckwith injured in Vietnam and how long does he spend in recovery?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Beckwith's trip to Vietnam proves to be an important step in the development of Delta Force.
1) Describe Beckwith's mission in Vietnam and how he acclimates himself to the Vietnamese.
2) Explain how Beckwith assembles the first Delta Force on a base in Vietnam.
3) Describe the battle at Plei Me and the involvement of the Air Force.
4) Compare the disagreement about the helicopters used in Plei Me with the complications that happen with the helicopters used in Operation Eagle Claw.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Beckwith's first After Action report and the initial response that it receives from a supervisor in 1964. Also, provide examples of the updated changes that Beckwith makes to his report and what his original plans are for creating the set of exercises that would be the foundation for Delta Force.
Essay Topic 3
Beckwith makes plans to update and release his blueprint for Delta Force.
1) Explain how the Joint Chiefs of Staff are comprised and their role in the military and the government.
2) Describe how Beckwith works with the Joint Chiefs of Staff and others to update his plans for Delta Force.
3) Explain the use of a "salesman" and why it is necessary for the presentation of the program in briefings.
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)