|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which General encourages the Delta Force's plans to fit into the military's hierarchy?
2. What word does Beckwith use at the end of Chapter 12 to describe Delta Force?
3. What is Beckwith's concern in Chapter 18?
4. How long does Beckwith spend in Britain with the SAS?
5. How are the representatives for the Joint Chiefs of Staff chosen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the results of the first two runs of the Delta Force selection process?
2. How and why does Beckwith thank the Air Force at Pleiku?
3. What request does Beckwith make to General Meyer in Chapter 18, and what is Meyer's response?
4. How is Beckwith accepted by the British troops and invited to Malaya?
5. What is the hierarchy for Delta Force that is outlined in Chapter 22?
6. How does Beckwith describe General Meyer, and what request is he given in Chapter 17?
7. What is the purpose of the Prologue in "Delta Force"?
8. What impresses Beckwith about the British SAS, and what does he find confusing about them?
9. What is the Joint Chiefs of Staff?
10. What is the bond being created between Beckwith and his soldiers in Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the planning of the mission at Bong Son, including the meetings that Beckwith has, how he is injured, why he is almost left behind, and his recovery. Also, provide an analysis of what Beckwith observes while in the hospital.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the selection process for Delta Force in detail, including the tests that are done, the results of the initial intakes, the significance of the Green Berets and the Rangers in the process, and how Beckwith obtains enough soldiers to begin training.
Essay Topic 3
Beckwith returns to the U.S. after the Embassy rescue mission is ended and begins plans to develop a permanent, effective counter-terrorism organization for America.
1) Explain how and why Beckwith is selected to face the press and answer for the results of the rescue mission.
2) Describe Beckwith's explanation of the events that led to the decision to end the mission as well as his defense of that decision.
3) Analyze Beckwith's plans for the future of Delta Force and how he begins to build momentum at the end of the book.
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)