|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What moves Beckwith about the actions of the top government officials?
(a) Their respect.
(b) Their honesty.
(c) Their organization.
(d) Their caution.
2. How much is the estimated value of the fence repairs that cause a discord in Chapter 24?
(a) Eighteen thousand dollars.
(b) Twenty-eight thousand dollars.
(c) Ten thousand dollars.
(d) Twenty-five thousand dollars.
3. What does NCO stand for?
(a) Non-compensated officer.
(b) Next commanding officer.
(c) Next commissioned officer.
(d) Non-commissioned officer.
4. When does Chapter 31 begin?
(a) November 4, 1979.
(b) July 4, 1979.
(c) November 4, 1980.
(d) July 4, 1980.
5. Who threatens Beckwith in Chapter 37?
(a) A German storage company.
(b) An Iranian terrorist.
(c) A former colleague.
(d) A Russian spy.
6. What are the targets of the case that is disclosed in Chapter 30?
(a) A building and a military base.
(b) An aircraft and a building.
(c) An aircraft, a building, and a military base.
(d) An aircraft and a military base.
7. What country's experience with aircraft hijacking is mentioned in Chapter 23?
8. What is the name of the training course for the Delta Force's Special Operations testing?
(a) Operators Test Course.
(b) Operators Field Course.
(c) Operators Course.
(d) Operators Task Force.
9. How does General Meyer react to the president's decision about the commanding officer?
(a) He is offended.
(b) He is not aware of it.
(c) He is confused by it.
(d) He is not offended.
10. When does General Meyer become the new Chief of Staff of the Army?
11. Which aircraft carrier is it necessary to hide from the Russians?
(a) The C 140.
(b) The A-220.
(c) The C-130.
(d) The A-440.
12. What information is the U.S. looking for the most in the Iranian hostage situation?
(a) How many hostages there are.
(b) How long the hostages have been held.
(c) The condition of the hostages.
(d) The location of the hostages.
13. As Beckwith explains in the Chapter 47, what reputation does the government have among the military?
(a) They have a reputation for keeping secrets.
(b) They have a reputation for not keeping secrets.
(c) They have a reputation for withholding key information.
(d) They have a reputation for ignoring key information.
14. As decided by the president in Chapter 41, who is the commanding officer of the rescue operation?
(a) General Taylor.
(b) General Jones.
(c) General Smith.
(d) General White.
15. What has happened to the American embassy at the end of Chapter 30?
(a) It has been overtaken.
(b) It has been attacked through sniper fire.
(c) It has been threatened.
(d) It has been attacked through explosives.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long can the Marine pilots wear the special night vision goggles?
2. What causes a command control problem for the Delta Forces in Chapter 25?
3. Signaled by General Vaught, what is the operation developed in Chapter 31 known as?
4. How long does it take General Meyer to get clearance for Beckwith and the development of the counter terrorism organization at the end of the book?
5. Which camp is part of the communication channels that run through the CIA and the JCS?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)