|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the evaluators of the tests considered by commanders?
(a) They are feared and well known.
(b) They are feared, honored, and well known.
(c) They are honored and well known.
(d) They are feared and honored.
2. What causes a command control problem for the Delta Forces in Chapter 25?
(a) They are not part of the Air Force.
(b) They are not part of the Army.
(c) They are not part of the Rangers.
(d) They are not part of the Marines.
3. Who is working on the helicopters during the rescue mission?
(a) Crews unfamiliar with their specialized handling.
(b) Crews familiar with their specialized handling.
(c) Crews that have never been in combat.
(d) Crews that have never flown a helicopter.
4. Signaled by General Vaught, what is the operation developed in Chapter 31 known as?
(a) Operation Rice Bowl.
(b) Operation Wheat Bowl.
(c) Operation Desert Rescue.
(d) Operation Heat Wave.
5. Where is Beckwith in Chapter 46?
(d) New York.
6. Besides General Jones, which department's representative joins Beckwith in Chapter 46?
(a) The National Security Council.
(b) The Department of Defense.
(c) National Military Intelligence.
(d) The Department of Justice.
7. Which case influences the trick exercise given in Chapter 28?
(a) Italian air strikes.
(b) Russian snipers.
(c) German snipers.
(d) Spanish air strikes.
8. What should generals not act like, according to Beckwith?
(b) Field soldiers.
(d) Battalion commanders.
9. Describing the rapid pace of the tests, how long does Beckwith indicate it can take for a given scenario?
(a) Seven seconds.
(b) Nineteen seconds.
(c) Twelve seconds.
(d) Twenty four seconds.
10. Following the chain of command provided in Chapter 25, how many of the top three positions had direct experience with Special Forces?
11. Which of the following is not included in the list of troubles the mission faces in Chapter 44?
(a) Unprepared soldiers.
(b) Unperformed air strikes.
(c) Helicopter problems.
(d) Communication problems.
12. What causes intelligence to be lost in the CIA?
(a) Staff rollovers.
(b) Staff guidelines.
(c) Staff cutbacks.
(d) Staff restrictions.
13. Which of the following is not compared to the helicopters and their handling mentioned in the beginning of Chapter 45?
14. What is the distressing part of the Delta Force program in Chapter 29?
(a) The funding for it has been removed.
(b) The funding for it has been reduced.
(c) It has leveled out.
(d) It has been placed on hold.
15. What is the name of the training course for the Delta Force's Special Operations testing?
(a) Operators Course.
(b) Operators Test Course.
(c) Operators Task Force.
(d) Operators Field Course.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which issue is reexamined in Chapter 27?
2. As reported by Beckwith in Chapter 38, what is the repetitive training causing for the Delta Force team?
3. As Beckwith explains in the Chapter 47, what reputation does the government have among the military?
4. How long does it take General Meyer to get clearance for Beckwith and the development of the counter terrorism organization at the end of the book?
5. Which of the following is not included in the parts of the rescue mission that is outlined in Chapter 41?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)