|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Karen that Antonia's father is not dead?
(a) Mrs. Marsh.
(b) Mrs. Bartoli.
(c) Dr. DiLeo.
(d) Mrs. Luther.
2. What is Antonia's favorite soft drink?
(b) Root Beer.
(d) Dr. Pepper.
3. Why does Jazz feel guilty about her relationship with friends?
(a) Jazz feels guilty because she secretly makes fun of the people she hangs with.
(b) Jazz feels guilty because she does not really like those friends and wants to get away from them.
(c) Jazz feels guilty because she thinks she does not deserve friends.
(d) Jazz feels guilty because she is hiding something from her friends and they think she does not trust them.
4. When Jazz talks about the Clean Team, to what is she referring?
(a) The decorators who clear away all the Luthers' clutter.
(b) The pool boy who comes to clean the Luther's pool.
(c) The maid service hired to clean the Luther's' home.
(d) The mechanics who service the Luthers' cars.
5. What name does Jazz call Gregoire?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of cake did Tillie help Jazz make for her mother?
2. In addition to Antonia, Jazz has another friend whose dad is a jerk. Who is Jazz's other friend with a bad dad?
3. What does Mrs. Luther threaten to do if Jazz stops playing the piano?
4. What does Antonia say about Jazz's parents?
5. What is Jazz's dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jazz beg Antonia not to tell Jazz's friends about her playing the piano?
2. What is Gregoire's effect on Jazz?
3. What impact does Antonia's first visit to see her mother in the hospital have on her?
4. Who is Ram and why is he important to the story?
5. As nice as the Abeytas are, how does Antonia feel about staying at their house?
6. Discuss Jazz's dream.
7. Explain Antonia's reaction to Karen.
8. Why does Jazz give-in and go to her piano recital dressed in the blue velvet dress?
9. How does Antonia defend her Dad's abandonment of the family?
10. Why does Jazz's mother call the police on Jazz and her friends?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)