|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occupation does Antonia tell Jazz her father did?
(a) He was a graphic designer.
(b) He was a school teacher.
(c) He was a doctor.
(d) He was a roofer.
2. Michael is sent by himself to buy food. Where does Antonia's mother send him?
(c) Kentucky Fried Chicken.
(d) Taco Bell.
3. What does Antonia's bedroom look like?
(a) It is a small room with twin beds and a tiny, attached bathroom.
(b) It is large, gorgeous, wallpapered with Japanese flowers, and filled with walk-in closets and mirrors.
(c) It is painted black with wild posters on all the walls.
(d) It is a medium-sized room, painted pale blue, with white, lacy curtains covering all the windows.
4. What happens when Antonia blacks out during her swim lesson with Jazz?
(a) Jazz throws her a life preserver.
(b) Jazz calls 9-1-1.
(c) Jazz saves Antonia.
(d) Jazz laughs when she sees Antonia sinking.
5. When Antonia feels like Jazz is not taking the peer counseling sessions seriously, Antonia says thats she has better things to do. What is she referring to?
(a) Swimming lessons.
(c) Seeing her boyfriend.
(d) Earning money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dr. DiLeo's advice to Antonia to improve the quality of the peer-counseling sessions?
2. Which of the following activities does Jazz NOT teach Antonia?
3. Antonia finds Chuckie on her mother's lap, but he is holding something dangerous. What is it?
4. When Antonia arrives at the address that Jazz provides as her home address, what is Antonia's first thought?
5. Antonia tells the Luthers that her mother left her a note, which she gives to Jazz. What is strange about this note?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Antonia does not want to be a peer counselor to Jazz Luther.
2. Why was Antonia embarrassed to hand her math homework in to Mrs. Bartoli?
3. What happens when Antonia's mom decides to take the kids on a picnic?
4. What is the significance of the smell of bacon and eggs to Antonia?
5. Why is Mrs. Luther so impressed with Antonia?
6. What problem does Antonia run into after taking Chuckie to the emergency room?
7. Why does Jazz suggest that Shelly committed suicide?
8. What was Michael's role in helping antonia locate her family?
9. Why does Antonia continue to counsel Jazz even after she has told Dr. DiLeo for the second time that she cannot do it?
10. What is the significance of the Christmas picture that Antonia looks at in her mother's bedroom?
This section contains 1,053 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)