|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Jazz's hair when she first appears in Chapter 1?
2. Which of the following activities does Jazz NOT teach Antonia?
(a) How to breath.
(b) How to save a drowning victim.
(c) How to float.
(d) How to tread water.
3. Antonia asks Dr. DiLeo to find someone else to work with Jazz, but Dr. DiLeo tells Antonia that she is the perfect person to do it. Why?
(a) Because Antonia and Jazz are in all the same classes.
(b) Because Jazz and Antonia both have younger brothers.
(c) Because Jazz and Antonia are exactly alike.
(d) Because Antonia is the only person who would do it.
4. Antonia is surprised when Jazz declares that she does not do this habit. What habit does Jazz declare is "crazy"?
(c) Doing drugs.
5. Why does Jazz's mother give her a cell phone?
(a) So they can continue to argue when they are not in the same room.
(b) So they can share secrets.
(c) So they can stay connected.
(d) So they can find each other at the mall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Antonia blacks out during her swim lesson with Jazz?
2. What behavior does Jazz do that Antonia thinks is only appropriate until the age of two?
3. When Mrs. Luther drops Antonia off at her house after dinner, how does Antonia know something is wrong with her family?
4. Michael is sent by himself to buy food. Where does Antonia's mother send him?
5. What does Antonia's mother demand that Antonia get for her when Antonia delivers her dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problem does Antonia run into after taking Chuckie to the emergency room?
2. Why is Mrs. Bartoli concerned about Antonia?
3. What was Jazz's home like?
4. Why does Jazz suggest that Shelly committed suicide?
5. What does the word "cronk" mean?
6. Why does Antonia not want Mrs. Luther to drive her home?
7. How does Jazz feel about her sister, Janey?
8. What is Jazz's problem with Mrs. Bartoli?
9. Why does Antonia continue to counsel Jazz even after she has told Dr. DiLeo for the second time that she cannot do it?
10. Why is it uncomfortable for Antonia when Mr. and Mrs. Luther are talking about what nice manners she has?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)