|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Mr. Pitt's services needed for in Chapter 26?
2. Who arrived at the pilot's house?
3. How many days will it take Lugovoy to finish the project?
4. What two places is the Andreyev going to dock?
5. Who was the first to react to Pitt's suggestion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Suvoyov insinuating when he mentioned to Loren that they could 'negotiate' her return to Moscow?
2. How did Admiral Sandecker know that Pitt had been on board the Eagle?
3. What explanation did the President offer in regards to his whereabouts?
4. How did Pitt determine the boat and who was on board?
5. What situations hint to the true nature of the steward that is mentioned several times between chapters fifty three and fifty eight?
6. What insults were used in regard to the President of the U.S. from Moran, and what does this say about his character?
7. How does the SAP machine function, in layman's terms?
8. What is Fawcett's argument against making the statement to the press?
9. How did it become obvious that Suvorov was acting under what he thought was the best interests of the Soviet government?
10. What is Hemlock the most well known for? How was the Hemlock administered to the victims?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the heist in the beginning of the novel. How is this kind of heist impossible in today's day and age? What kinds of security measures are in place to prevent such things happening? Explain whether or not you think Arta would have gotten away with her crime, and how she might have gone about it.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Dirk Pitt to James Bond. What are their similarities, and how are they different? Do you think it was the author's intent to create a similar character to James Bond? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Compare yourself to any character in this novel. Who do you mostly resemble physically? Psychologically? If you don't closely resemble someone in these two aspects, who do you most identify with and why? Do you think that these characters are designed to be easily identified with? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,096 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)