|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of party is Pitt having?
2. What was the first thing Lee Tong said to Lugovoy?
3. How long does the original group of Congressmen have to produce Vince Margolin?
4. What is the code name of the U.S. project to hack into the mind?
5. How long had Pitt been unconscious?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Admiral Sandecker know that Pitt had been on board the Eagle?
2. What major things does Dirk learn in Chapter 37?
3. Why did Pitt order the four people into the shower?
4. What alerts Mangyai to the imminent Russian plot?
5. What explanation did the President offer in regards to his whereabouts?
6. What insults were used in regard to the President of the U.S. from Moran, and what does this say about his character?
7. What is Hemlock the most well known for? How was the Hemlock administered to the victims?
8. What is Fawcett's argument against making the statement to the press?
9. How did Moran nurture a carefully controlled public image?
10. How does the SAP machine function, in layman's terms?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Alan Moran's duplicity between who he is in the public eye, and who he is behind closed doors. Suggest reasons for this dual personality. Speculate on the necessity of this behavior.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the influence of Al Giordino and Admiral Sandecker. How do they come through for Dirk? How has Dirk come through for them? Describe their relationship with Dirk, and how it affects the development of the plot.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the advanced school of thought regarding the biotechnology that is used in this book. Is it realistic technology, or purely a product of fiction? What kinds of things have come to light in the increased knowledge of bio tech that has lead you to your conclusion?
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)