|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who woke Pitt?
2. How many of the civilians were Asiatic in nature?
3. What is the GRU?
4. What is a cottage called in Russian?
5. Who informed Fawcett that the President had returned?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kinds of crimes were the Bougainvilles attached to?
2. What happened to Oskar Belkaya?
3. How did the President stop Congress from convening?
4. Why was it of special dismay to Lugovoy that his deadline was moved up?
5. What is the difference between Lugovoy and Suvorov's opinions regarding Madam Bougainville's 'hospitality'?
6. What situations hint to the true nature of the steward that is mentioned several times between chapters fifty three and fifty eight?
7. How did Admiral Sandecker know that Pitt had been on board the Eagle?
8. What was Suvoyov insinuating when he mentioned to Loren that they could 'negotiate' her return to Moscow?
9. What was it that alerted the Bougainvilles to Pitt's presence so close?
10. What is Fawcett's argument against making the statement to the press?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the ecological fallout that isn't discussed regarding nerve agent S. What kinds of things were avoided being talked about regarding the spill? How would a cleanup of the chemical been next to impossible, and how would the loss of marine life have changed the coast of Alaska and British Columbia forever?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Loren Smith and Julie Mendoza. What do you think attracted Pitt to Julie? How do you think Loren would have reacted to Pitt's affair with Julie? Due to this influence, how did it become necessary to kill her off, yet create enough influence in Dirk's life to keep him chasing an answer?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Pitt's loss of his Talbot-Lago from a psychological level. What does his answer to the cocktail waitress describe about his personality? How does he view his vehicles?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)