|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Suvoyov tell Larimer he is?
2. How many days will it take Lugovoy to finish the project?
3. How long had Pitt been unconscious?
4. What is put into the left and right carotid arteries?
5. How did Moran strike Pitt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was it that alerted the Bougainvilles to Pitt's presence so close?
2. What insults were used in regard to the President of the U.S. from Moran, and what does this say about his character?
3. What alerts Mangyai to the imminent Russian plot?
4. What was Suvoyov insinuating when he mentioned to Loren that they could 'negotiate' her return to Moscow?
5. What major things does Dirk learn in Chapter 37?
6. What is described in Chapter 25?
7. What is the joke circling around Europe and why is it circulating?
8. How does the SAP machine function, in layman's terms?
9. How did Pitt determine the boat and who was on board?
10. What explanation did the President offer in regards to his whereabouts?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the heist in the beginning of the novel. How is this kind of heist impossible in today's day and age? What kinds of security measures are in place to prevent such things happening? Explain whether or not you think Arta would have gotten away with her crime, and how she might have gone about it.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the ecological fallout that isn't discussed regarding nerve agent S. What kinds of things were avoided being talked about regarding the spill? How would a cleanup of the chemical been next to impossible, and how would the loss of marine life have changed the coast of Alaska and British Columbia forever?
Essay Topic 3
Compare yourself to any character in this novel. Who do you mostly resemble physically? Psychologically? If you don't closely resemble someone in these two aspects, who do you most identify with and why? Do you think that these characters are designed to be easily identified with? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)