|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was in Loren's room awaiting her?
(a) Dirk Pitt.
(b) Many, many flowers.
(c) The President.
(d) Party Leader Antonov.
2. What sense is missing in dreams?
(c) Smell and taste.
(d) All of these.
3. Where are the Soviets going to attempt to take the Congressmen?
(a) To New Jersey.
(b) To California.
(c) To Florida.
(d) To Washington.
4. Who does Dirk want to speak with in anthropology?
(a) Dr. Gerry Perth.
(b) Dr. Gretchen Perth.
(c) Dr. Greg Perth.
(d) Dr. Grace Perth.
5. What was the first thing Lee Tong said to Lugovoy?
(a) " You're deadline has been moved up".
(b) "You are never again going to disappoint me".
(c) "You killed my men, and you knew he was an agent".
(d) "My men are dead, I hold you responsible".
Short Answer Questions
1. What connection has Pitt made between all the ships in question?
2. Who was the first to react to Pitt's suggestion?
3. How many dead bodies were on board the Eagle?
4. What did Pokofski refuse to do?
5. How did the torpedoes find the Venice?
Short Essay Questions
1. What insults were used in regard to the President of the U.S. from Moran, and what does this say about his character?
2. How did it become obvious that Suvorov was acting under what he thought was the best interests of the Soviet government?
3. What is the joke circling around Europe and why is it circulating?
4. What is Hemlock the most well known for? How was the Hemlock administered to the victims?
5. How did Moran nurture a carefully controlled public image?
6. How did Pitt determine the boat and who was on board?
7. What situations hint to the true nature of the steward that is mentioned several times between chapters fifty three and fifty eight?
8. What happened to Oskar Belkaya?
9. What alerts Mangyai to the imminent Russian plot?
10. What is the difference between Lugovoy and Suvorov's opinions regarding Madam Bougainville's 'hospitality'?
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)