|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Zelda?
(a) Dirk Pitt.
(b) A CIA agent.
(c) Al Giordino.
(d) An FBI agent.
2. What connection has Pitt made between all the ships in question?
(a) They had all been stolen.
(b) None of these.
(c) They had all disappeared.
(d) They were all last seen in the presence of Koreans.
3. Who woke Pitt?
(a) Sr. Juan.
(b) Admiral Sandecker.
(c) The President.
(d) St. Julien.
4. What preservation factor worked in the government's favor?
(a) That they had been frozen.
(b) That Dirk had found them when he did.
(c) That they had risen to the surface.
(d) That the bodies remained underwater with no contact to air.
5. What does Pitt do for Al Giordino after he raises the Eagle?
(a) Sends him on a vacation.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Has him take a rest at his alpine estate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Captain of the Venice?
2. How did the torpedoes find the Venice?
3. Who is missing from the meeting?
4. From the description of the ID, whose picture was on it?
5. How was the U.S. equipment comparable to Lugovoys?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was it that alerted the Bougainvilles to Pitt's presence so close?
2. What is described in Chapter 25?
3. Why was it of special dismay to Lugovoy that his deadline was moved up?
4. What is Fawcett's argument against making the statement to the press?
5. What is the joke circling around Europe and why is it circulating?
6. What insults were used in regard to the President of the U.S. from Moran, and what does this say about his character?
7. How did the President stop Congress from convening?
8. What kinds of crimes were the Bougainvilles attached to?
9. What major things does Dirk learn in Chapter 37?
10. How did it become obvious that Suvorov was acting under what he thought was the best interests of the Soviet government?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)