|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose lifeless eyes were the last of which the young woman saw?
(a) The fourth officer.
(b) The Captain.
(c) The fifth officer.
(d) The first mate.
2. Who is the acting President until the three men are found?
(a) Clayton Metcalf.
(b) Douglas Oates.
(c) Dan Fawcett.
(d) Alan Mercier.
3. How many years had Cutty Sark been in the business?
(a) Eight years.
(b) Twelve years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Thirteen years.
4. What is the last word of Chapter 8?
5. What word(s) signaled to Lucas that double talk was being dropped?
(a) Buy in.
(b) Honest abe.
(c) Game over.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the consistency of the debris covering the Pilottown?
2. What was the ship carrying?
3. Who did Julie Mendoza meet first aboard the NUMA vessel?
4. Who was the only person dressed in a suit?
5. What is the first thing to go wrong and is unexpected?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why wasn't Mendoza with Pitt and his crew as they discovered the Pilottown?
2. How was Dover wrong in one respect, but correct in another?
3. Why does Pitt want to send out a press release regarding the Pilottown and the San Marino?
4. How does the government plan to keep the President's disappearance a secret?
5. How does Pitt describe looking for a shipwreck?
6. Why were the microphones near the agents' wrists?
7. What was strange about the condition of the Pilottown?
8. What did the President want to discuss with the people on board the Eagle?
9. Why can't the Russian government deduce how Min Koryo pulled off the abduction of the President?
10. Describe Madame Bougainville.
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)