|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far away was the sound that was heard through the thick mist?
(a) Seventy five meters.
(b) Seventy-five, maybe a hundred yards away.
(c) A hundred yards.
(d) Seventy five yards.
2. What had happened to the crew of the Amie Marie?
(a) Their skin had turned black.
(b) They had bled from every opening on their bodies.
(c) All of these.
(d) Their limbs were contorted in odd positions as though they had died violently.
3. What connects the San Marino and the Pilottown?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) They were both connected to Inchon, Korea.
(d) They disappeared from the same area of the sea,
4. By whom was the young woman escorted around the deck?
(a) The first mate.
(b) The slavic engineer.
(c) The forth officer.
(d) The captain.
5. How many times had the volcano erupted in the last century?
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom did Oscar Lucas work?
2. What two emotions lay dormant in the woman?
3. What ship was the boiler registered as going into?
4. Who went on the Amie Marie following the Lieutenant and the Ensign?
5. What prediction did the weather office make for that night?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Dover wrong in one respect, but correct in another?
2. What is Margolin's final argument regarding the proposal of the President?
3. What documentation allowed the woman this fantasy and gave her notions of the heist?
4. What was strange about the condition of the Pilottown?
5. Why wasn't Mendoza with Pitt and his crew as they discovered the Pilottown?
6. Describe the President.
7. What is titanium used for, according to the Captain, and why?
8. Why did Lugovoy tremble inwardly?
9. What did the woman's thrill come from after she had looked at the money again?
10. What makes Oscar Lucas so nervous?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)