|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prediction did the weather office make for that night?
(a) Heavy fog.
(c) Light fog.
2. What nationality does the Russian President mistake Min Koryo's ancestry?
3. How deep is the well in which the army wants to dispose of the Nerve agent?
(a) Twelve thousand feet.
(b) Four thousand feet.
(c) Eight thousand feet.
(d) Two thousand feet.
4. Which car did Sandecker linger by?
(a) A 1931 Cadillac.
(b) A 1921 Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost.
(c) None of these.
(d) A 1921 Rolls-Royce Gold Doubloon.
5. What ship is nicknamed the Magic Ship?
(a) The Catawba.
(b) The Eagle.
(c) The Pilottown.
(d) The Marie Sue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last word of Chapter 8?
2. Whose lifeless eyes were the last of which the young woman saw?
3. What does 'semper paratus' mean?
4. What was in the large bookkeeping ledger?
5. What was Pitt's reaction to this death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the President have domestic enemies?
2. How is Dirk Pitt described?
3. Why does Oscar Lucas have such sway in regard to the President?
4. Describe Madame Bougainville.
5. What did the woman's thrill come from after she had looked at the money again?
6. How does the government plan to keep the President's disappearance a secret?
7. What is titanium used for, according to the Captain, and why?
8. How was Dover wrong in one respect, but correct in another?
9. What is Lee Tong's connection to Madame Bougainville?
10. Why did Lugovoy tremble inwardly?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)