|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the code name of the U.S. project to hack into the mind?
(b) Tom Sawyer.
2. How did the torpedoes find the Venice?
(a) By trajectory.
(b) By heat.
(c) None of these.
(d) By sound.
3. What does Yeager find out in regards to the information he has dug up on the Bougainvilles?
(a) That it might end up in his death.
(b) That he might wind up on the news.
(c) That he might be required to appear in court.
(d) None of these.
4. Who is missing from the meeting?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Neither of these.
5. What kind of party is Pitt having?
(a) A down-in-the-dumps party.
(b) A feel-sorry-for-yourself party.
(c) All of these.
(d) A hate-the-world party.
6. How did Moran strike Pitt?
(a) As a slippery eel.
(b) None of these.
(c) With his fists.
(d) As an oily weasel.
7. How long is the information coming from the computer likely to set back the KGB?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Five years.
8. How does the Admiral get through to Pitt?
(a) None of these.
(b) Sylvia calls him.
(c) Shows up at his house.
(d) He gets the operator to tap into the line.
9. What happens to Pitt's Talbot-Lago?
(a) He got in an accident.
(b) It was blown up.
(c) Someone rammed into him.
(d) Loren got in an accident.
10. Where does Pitt think the barge is located?
(a) Below Miami.
(b) Near Mobile, Alabama.
(c) In Panama City.
(d) Below New Orleans.
11. What words led Admiral Sandecker know he couldn't prevent Pitt from looking inside the boat?
(a) "You will follow orders, Mr. Pitt, or you will lose your job".
(b) "You are to remain outside the Eagle at all times".
(c) "You aren't authorized to see what might be inside that wreck".
(d) "You don't wanna see what might be inside that wreck".
12. Who woke Pitt?
(a) Sr. Juan.
(b) Admiral Sandecker.
(c) St. Julien.
(d) The President.
13. What are Mr. Pitt's services needed for in Chapter 26?
(a) To track down the owners of the San Marino.
(b) To find the Pilottown.
(c) To find the Eagle.
(d) To find the Samantha.
14. Who was the first to react to Pitt's suggestion?
15. What will Madam Bougainville least expect?
(a) That the Russians will pay.
(b) All of these.
(c) That the Russians wouldn't pay.
(d) That the Russians would tell the American government what was up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rescued Loren?
2. What poison was used in the deaths of the men from the river?
3. What did the President say in regard to Congress?
4. What was the name of the ship that rescued Loren?
5. What sense is missing in dreams?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)