|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the U.S. equipment comparable to Lugovoys?
(a) It was a bit dated, but essentially the same.
(b) It was exactly the same.
(c) It was a generation behind.
(d) It was a generation ahead.
2. What happens to Pitt's Talbot-Lago?
(a) Loren got in an accident.
(b) It was blown up.
(c) Someone rammed into him.
(d) He got in an accident.
3. What was the name of the ship that rescued Loren?
(a) The Clachmette.
(b) The Chalmette.
(c) The Charmette.
(d) The Chalmete.
4. What does Pitt do for Al Giordino after he raises the Eagle?
(a) Sends him on a vacation.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Has him take a rest at his alpine estate.
(d) Neither of these.
5. What was in Loren's room awaiting her?
(a) The President.
(b) Dirk Pitt.
(c) Many, many flowers.
(d) Party Leader Antonov.
6. What words led Admiral Sandecker know he couldn't prevent Pitt from looking inside the boat?
(a) "You don't wanna see what might be inside that wreck".
(b) "You are to remain outside the Eagle at all times".
(c) "You aren't authorized to see what might be inside that wreck".
(d) "You will follow orders, Mr. Pitt, or you will lose your job".
7. What will be Moran's first official act as President?
(a) To have Dirk Pitt imprisoned for treason.
(b) To fire the men presently in Congress.
(c) To have Dirk Pitt imprisoned for defamation.
(d) None of these.
8. What line from an old seaman's poem ran through Pitt's head?
(a) "Strew no flowers on my grave, for I've gone back to the wind and wave".
(b) "A ghostly ship, with a ghostly crew, with no place to go".
(c) "A ghostly ship, with a ghostly crew, with nothing but a wait to do."
(d) "A ghostly crew, on a ghostly ship, as time stopped, burnt straight to the quick".
9. What kind of party is Pitt having?
(a) A feel-sorry-for-yourself party.
(b) All of these.
(c) A down-in-the-dumps party.
(d) A hate-the-world party.
10. How much energy does the brain produce?
(a) Ten watts.
(b) Three microamps.
(c) Twelve watts.
(d) Ten microamps.
11. What was significant about the lack of raised beading around the name of the Pilottown?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) It was a sign that the ship wasn't originally the Pilottown.
(c) Both of these.
(d) It had been ground away, and ships are manufactured with these.
12. Who is the Captain of the Venice?
(a) James Mongai.
(b) James Mangai.
(c) James Mangyai.
(d) James Manyai.
13. What sense is missing in dreams?
(c) All of these.
(d) Smell and taste.
14. Who rescued Loren?
15. What was the last thing Loren managed to communicate to her secretary?
(a) To call Dirk and tell him something.
(b) To call the media and inform them of her whereabouts.
(c) None of these.
(d) To call the President and have him inform her of the situation regarding the Congressman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the CNN reporter who catches onto the President's double?
2. How many dead bodies were on board the Eagle?
3. What is put into the left and right carotid arteries?
4. From the description of the ID, whose picture was on it?
5. Where does Pitt think the barge is located?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)