|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Silenus sees himself as static, and Paul as
2. What is Wilfred Lucas-Dockery's ambition?
3. Silenus thinks that Margot Beste-Chetwynde is
4. What can we assume about Paul's friend, Potts, at this point?
5. Margot assures Paul that their honeymoon will be
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Paul fit into Silenus' description of the wheel of life?
2. Discuss Dr. Fagan's current state of affairs at Llanabba.
3. How does the judge see Paul's involvement in the crime for which he is convicted?
4. When Margot announces her upcoming marriage to Maltravers, what is Paul's reaction?
5. What comparable trait can be said to be possessed by both Margot and Grimes?
6. How is Paul given the news of Prendergast's death?
7. What is Paul's response to the mysterious diagnosis, the trip to the hospital and his freedom?
8. On whom can we blame the death of Prendergast?
9. Margot Beste-Chetwynde had been at King's Thursday only once before she purchased the property many years later. Discuss that visit.
10. Describe the trait in Paul Pennyfeather that makes him ask Alistair Digby-Vaine-Trumpington to be his best man.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The story offers many ideas, words and concepts that are obsolete. Leaf through the book and find at least three of these references that are strange or unfamiliar to you. Research each and write a 3-part essay on what you find. Remember that, in addition to being written in England, the book was written around eighty years ago.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on the history of class struggle in Britain, beginning with the 1920s. Into what categories were the people divided, how did they interact, how were they rated by one another and what were the advantages and disadvantages of being members of any of them?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on the history of the Ritz Hotel in London, where Paul Pennyfeather stayed as his wedding was under preparation. Include information on the founders, the accommodations, the changes the hotel has undergone if it still exists, and the services and accommodations they offer.
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)