|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Silenus thinks that Margot Beste-Chetwynde is
(a) A marvel to behold.
(b) Not much different from other similar women.
(c) A woman of high character and taste.
(d) Not to be trusted.
2. Grimes is in prison, convicted of
(d) False identity.
3. Despite harsh prison conditions, Paul
(a) Does daily calisthenics.
(b) Has his own finely appointed restroom.
(c) Eats lavishly, due to Margot.
(d) Sleeps on a featherbed, from Margot.
4. Silenus sees himself as static, and Paul as
(d) Off the grid.
5. Why do the officials in France laugh at Paul's comment about the absurdity of the League of Nations?
(a) Because they know he is going to jail.
(b) Because they feel the same.
(c) Because the ladies have turned him in.
(d) Because he is incredibly naive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Paul's new walking companion believes the chaplain is
2. Again, Paul is living the good life now, as
3. The Governor is interested in
4. The prison chaplain turns out to be
5. Paul arranges to have dinner with Arthur Potts who is
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)