|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Fagan makes a surprise announcement, and calls Pennyfeather
(a) A cricket player.
(b) A master event coordinator.
(c) A distinguished athlete.
(d) A track runner.
2. Lady Circumference is ill at ease with people
(a) Who are undereducated.
(b) Who are of another color.
(c) Who are not from England.
(d) Who are richer than she.
3. What was it that his recently fired teacher had, that Dr. Fagan seeks in a teacher?
4. Paul Pennyfeather's parents are
(b) Part of the Scone faculty.
(c) Prosperous solicitors.
(d) Very supportive.
5. The character Arthur Potts is
(a) A graduate student at Scone College.
(b) One of Pennyfeather's four friends.
(c) A graduate of Llanabba school.
(d) A former master at Scone College.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grimes decide to do on his wedding night?
2. Prendergast assures Paul that he will
3. Mr. Prendergast seems obsessed with
4. Llanabba has a reputation for being
5. Grimes' biggest objection to his new life is
Short Essay Questions
1. What is ironic about the structure of Llanabba Castle?
2. How is it that Paul loses the inheritance of his father's money?
3. What do we learn about Digby-Vaine-Trumpington from the letter Potts has sent to Paul?
4. What is obvious about Paul Pennyfeather and his nature, based on the incident on campus?
5. For all that Paul has lost at the hands of Digby-Vaine-Trumpington, he decides not to take his money. Discuss Paul's response to Potts' letter.
6. Captain Grimes is terribly depressed after being married a few days to Flossie. What is it that is so upsetting to him?
7. Discuss Mr. Levy, the scholastic agent. Is he a man of character?
8. Discuss how Paul Pennyfeather is able to gain control over his class full of wild and mischievous boys.
9. As the folks at Llanabba recap the day's events, they lament what a series of unfortunate events took place. What was it, in particular, that Prendy argued about with Mr. Cholmondey regarding church architecture?
10. What message comes through about British society in the Prelude?
This section contains 1,107 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)