|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Potts arrives, on Grimes' trail, Paul
(a) Explains that he knows Grimes.
(b) Tells him Grimes has a new job.
(c) Lies about Grimes' identity.
(d) Directs him toward Grimes' home.
2. Philbrick warns Paul that Margot may be in trouble with
(a) Scotland Yard.
(b) The Royal family.
(c) The London police.
(d) The League of Nations committee.
3. Paul is convicted and sentenced for
(a) White slave trafficking.
4. What is Wilfred Lucas-Dockery's ambition?
(a) To be a famous investor of artifical sunlight.
(b) To be a Governor of his township.
(c) To be renowned for his work in prison reform.
(d) To be a Prison Commissioner.
5. Professor Silenus decides to stay on at Margot's house, since
(a) He is sleeping better.
(b) He has no ambition.
(c) He has no money.
(d) He wants to wait for Margot.
6. What can we assume about Potts in this chapter?
(a) He is just a friend of Paul's.
(b) He is investigating something.
(c) He is in love with Margot.
(d) He is up to no good.
7. Grimes escapes prison under a cloud of
(a) Quarry dust.
(d) Heavy rain.
8. The unsuspecting Paul Pennyfeather is arrested while
(a) Primping for his wedding.
(b) Eating eggs.
(c) Making a toast to fortune.
(d) Getting young Peter drunk.
9. Paul is impressed by Margot's talents as a
(d) Con artist.
10. Paul learns that Peter Best-Chetwynde has
(a) Has reclocated to Corfu.
(b) Become the Earl of Pastmaster.
(d) Been imprisoned.
11. Official papers are signed that say
(a) Dingy is actually a nurse.
(b) A girl died under anesthesia.
(c) Paul died under anesthesia.
(d) The surgeon was too drunk to operate.
12. Young Peter, in his drunkenness, seems a bit
13. Unexpectedly, Grimes shows up in disguise, having
(a) Faked his own death.
(b) Been a fugitive for months.
(c) Escaped from prison.
(d) Been wanted by Scotland Yard.
14. Dr. Fagan is, again, ready to
(a) Move on to a new career.
(b) Give away his daughters.
(d) Meet his maker.
15. The professor attracted Mrs. Beste-Chetwynde's attention with a rejected design
(a) For an aluminum factory.
(b) For a village in Hungary.
(c) For a chewing gum factory.
(d) For a Tudor mansion.
Short Answer Questions
1. We can assume that the Hon. Miles Malpractice is
2. Paul seems to believe now in
3. People carry "deep and diverse impressions" of Professor Silenus'
4. Silenus sees himself as static, and Paul as
5. Paul's new walking companion believes the chaplain is
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)