|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The professor attracted Mrs. Beste-Chetwynde's attention with a rejected design
(a) For an aluminum factory.
(b) For a chewing gum factory.
(c) For a village in Hungary.
(d) For a Tudor mansion.
2. What is Wilfred Lucas-Dockery's ambition?
(a) To be renowned for his work in prison reform.
(b) To be a famous investor of artifical sunlight.
(c) To be a Prison Commissioner.
(d) To be a Governor of his township.
3. Young Peter Pastmaster is now
(a) Studying to be a priest.
(b) A Bollinger at Scone College.
(c) An alcoholic professor.
(d) A member of society.
4. Rather than hold her accountable, Paul realizes that Margot
(a) Could not possibly be imprisoned for her crimes.
(b) Was innocent and knew nothing of the crime.
(c) Was a good mother and philanthropist.
(d) Was set up by Peter to look like a criminal.
5. Silenus's architectural style is biased toward
(b) Tudor mansions.
(c) Industrial simplicity.
(d) Gingerbread decor.
6. Dockery's assessment of Paul is that
(a) He is a slow-witted recluse.
(b) He is intellectually superior to most.
(c) He is emotionally stunted.
(d) He is a misanthrope who feels inferior.
7. Professor Silenus decides to stay on at Margot's house, since
(a) He has no ambition.
(b) He is sleeping better.
(c) He wants to wait for Margot.
(d) He has no money.
8. Paul seems to believe now in
(a) Being adventurous.
(b) Being static.
(c) Taking chances.
9. At Edgdon Heath,
(a) The convicts are supposed to work.
(b) The quarries are tapped out.
(c) Tourists try to spot convicts.
(d) The convicts are free to roam.
10. Professor Silenus values machines over
11. Official papers are signed that say
(a) The surgeon was too drunk to operate.
(b) Dingy is actually a nurse.
(c) Paul died under anesthesia.
(d) A girl died under anesthesia.
12. Young Peter, in his drunkenness, seems a bit
13. Not surpisingly, Paul runs into his old friend,
(c) Dr. Fagan.
14. Who does the little man think Philbrick is?
(a) An old friend of Lucas-Dockery.
(b) The governor's brother.
(c) The head prison warden.
(d) Sir Solomon Lucas-Dockery's father.
15. At Egdon Heath, the convicts recently heard a lecture delivered by
(c) The Governor.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the interviews, Paul and Margot go to lunch and see
2. Guilt over Grimes' death is expressed by
3. When Potts quits school for a new job, his father
4. When Potts arrives, on Grimes' trail, Paul
5. While Paul was gone, Margot has married
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)