|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beste-Chetwynde confides in Paul that the students feel Captain Grimes is
(a) A monster.
(b) A criminal.
(d) Highly intelligent.
2. Lady Circumference is ill at ease with people
(a) Who are not from England.
(b) Who are richer than she.
(c) Who are undereducated.
(d) Who are of another color.
3. Paul Pennyfeather's parents are
(a) Part of the Scone faculty.
(c) Prosperous solicitors.
(d) Very supportive.
4. What happened to Lord Tangent at the sporting event?
(a) He learned to play a flute.
(b) He fought with Chokey.
(c) He was shot in the foot.
(d) He was taken away by the musicians.
5. During the conversation at Mrs. Roberts', Paul realizes
(a) He may be in love with Lady Circumference.
(b) He has fallen behind in his teaching.
(c) He has been drinking far too much.
(d) He may be in love with Mrs. Beste-Chetwynde.
6. Paul's students tease him by
(a) Fighting among themselves.
(b) Being sarcastic.
(c) Claiming to be named Tangent.
(d) Claiming they are hearing impaired.
7. Mr. Prendergast shares that he
(a) Was a social misfit.
(b) Was a social butterfly.
(c) He used to be a clergyman.
(d) Was married with children.
8. What is so surprising about the wealthy Mrs. Beste-Chetwynde?
(a) She has come alone.
(b) She has missed the entire event.
(c) She has a huge and beautiful car.
(d) Her companion is a "negro".
9. What is it that brings a tear to the eye of Prendergast?
(a) The frustration of disobedient students.
(b) Paul's invitation to dinner.
(c) Grimes' rejection of him .
(d) His love for his pipes.
10. Mr. Prendergast is flustered with Paul's arrival because he
(a) Will need to share bath time with Grimes.
(b) Is a former clergyman.
(c) Is taking a pay cut.
(d) Will have to give up his regular bath time.
11. What did the bandmaster offer to Lord Circumference?
(a) To leave the event, for a price.
(b) His band's services for a party.
(c) To play any requested songs.
(d) His sister, for a price.
12. What question constitutes Prendergast's doubts?
(a) Who are the Bundles?
(b) Why was I born to this mother?
(c) Why did it all begin?
(d) What is my purpose here?
13. Dr. Fagan wants to be sure that boys from wealthy families
(a) Invite the family servants.
(b) Invite their grandparents.
(c) Have the day off.
(d) Win at least two events.
14. Dr. Fagan wants the sporting event to be
(a) A happy occasion.
(b) A subtly elegant event.
(c) Underplayed and quiet.
(d) An elaborate affair.
15. Foie gras sandwiches are not to be served to
(a) The wealthiest women.
(b) The boys or Grimes.
(c) The Doctor's daughters.
(d) The faculty or staff.
Short Answer Questions
1. The charge against Paul Pennyfeather is
2. It seems that Paul will only have one profession open to him, which is that of
3. Mr. Pendergast dresses up for the occasion in
4. What was it that ended Mr. Prendergast's career as a priest?
5. Upset that Grimes is already married, Dr. Fagan suggests
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)