|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Diana Fagan feels it would be going too far to buy
(a) New flags and bunting.
(b) Mr. Prendergast a new tie.
(c) Fireworks and flowers.
(d) Cakes and balloons.
2. What does the five percent of ninety pounds represent?
(a) The deduction from Paul's paycheck.
(b) What Paul will pay to Fagan for the job.
(c) We do not know.
(d) What Fagan will pay to Paul when he starts working.
3. So far, we have learned that young Clutterbuck is
(a) Fragile and sickly.
(b) One of the richest students.
(c) A competetive brat.
(d) A brute of a boy.
4. The character Arthur Potts is
(a) A graduate student at Scone College.
(b) One of Pennyfeather's four friends.
(c) A graduate of Llanabba school.
(d) A former master at Scone College.
5. The result of leaving Prendergast with the boys is that
(a) He fell to sleep in front of them.
(b) He went to bed.
(c) He caned twenty three of them.
(d) He left them and joined the others.
6. What is the general response to Chokey?
(a) He is accepted heartily.
(b) He frightens most of the guests.
(c) His race makes most of the guests uncomfortable.
(d) His presence indicates a flaw in the system.
7. Philbrick claimed to have
(a) Owned a fleet of oil tankers.
(b) The husband of a countess.
(c) Lived with a famous actress.
(d) Been a Roman Catholic.
8. Why do Sniggs and Postlethwaite not intervene in the attack?
(a) They trust Paul will not be injured.
(b) Paul is of no significance.
(c) Paul's prestigious status.
(d) They are too embarrassed.
9. Paul gets concerned about how many people live at the Castle when he sees
(a) Many plates stacked on the table.
(b) The size of the castle.
(c) Several butlers.
(d) Sixteen pipes lined up.
10. What question constitutes Prendergast's doubts?
(a) Why did it all begin?
(b) Why was I born to this mother?
(c) Who are the Bundles?
(d) What is my purpose here?
11. What was it that his recently fired teacher had, that Dr. Fagan seeks in a teacher?
12. Paul's personality seems to be one of
(a) Shame and persecution.
(b) Quiet resignation.
(c) Fiery temperament.
(d) Simmering anger.
13. Who is Philbrick's supposed character named Gracie?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His sister.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His mother.
14. Why does Grimes think Prendergast cannot keep order?
(a) Because he wears a wig.
(b) Because he is insecure.
(c) Because he is depressed.
(d) Because he is inept.
15. Llanabba has a reputation for being
(a) Academically remarkable.
(b) Mediocre, at most.
(c) Academically sound.
(d) A great institution.
Short Answer Questions
1. A revolver used for starting the races is provided by
2. The impression we get of the education system is that
3. The Academics, like Mr. Sniggs, like this celebration because of
4. Mr. Levy's response to Paul's lack of qualifications is
5. Sniggs wants the chapel attacked because
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)