|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Fagan feels that Lady Circumference
(a) Thinks fox hunting is the only sport.
(b) Does not understand black people.
(c) Does not understand a track meet.
(d) Lumps all athletics into one category.
2. Mrs. Beste-Chetwynde would like
(a) Her son to come home to Chokey for the holidays.
(b) To invite Paul to come for a visit for the holidays.
(c) To go abroad for the holidays alone.
(d) Paul Pennyfeather to tutor her son for the holidays.
3. Philbrick tells Prendergast that he is
(a) A rich prince, temporarily diverted in England.
(b) Living among the poor as penance.
(c) A syndicate criminal, hiding out at Llanabba.
(d) Waiting for a large payoff from his family.
4. Dr. Fagan wants to be sure that boys from wealthy families
(a) Invite the family servants.
(b) Have the day off.
(c) Invite their grandparents.
(d) Win at least two events.
5. Grimes does not have "doubts," but mostly just
(a) Always follows the rules.
(b) Does what he wants.
(c) Does what he is told.
(d) Does the wrong thing.
6. Grimes reveals he has a pattern of
(a) Getting girls in trouble.
(b) Being arrested.
(c) Leaving without notice.
(d) Landing in the soup.
7. What is Paul preoccupied with after the event is over?
(a) He is thinking about Mrs. Beste-Chetwynde.
(b) He is upset that the boys did so poorly.
(c) He cannot get Chokey out of his mind.
(d) He is mad at Prendergast.
8. What news does Potts' letter bring to Paul?
(a) Digby-Vaine-Trumpington wants to employ him.
(b) Digby-Vaine-Trumpington wants to give him money.
(c) Digby-Vaine-Trumpington wants to see him.
(d) Digby-Vaine-Trumpington has offered him friendship.
9. A low-brow, slavering, ape-like group turns out to be
(a) The student body from another school.
(b) A group of bandits.
(c) The silver band.
(d) Dinner guests at Llanabba.
10. As a result of being his father's only heir, Philbrick claimed he is tormented by
(a) Gracie's ghost.
(b) His mother's ghost.
(c) His father's ghost.
(d) A terrible guilt.
11. Lady Circumference is ill at ease with people
(a) Who are not from England.
(b) Who are undereducated.
(c) Who are of another color.
(d) Who are richer than she.
12. Paul's primary goal in his new classroom is
(a) To firmly discipline the students.
(b) To keep the children quiet.
(c) To teach the students to write.
(d) To get to know the students.
13. Arthur Potts, unlike the Llanabba masters, seems
(a) Indifferent to children.
(b) Ignorant of scholarship.
(c) Lonely and bored.
(d) Interested in education.
14. Prendergast tends to
(a) Feel sorry for everyone else.
(b) Blame Grimes for his unhappiness.
(c) Tell long, meaningless stories of his past.
(d) Be a good, but strange friend.
15. What does Grimes decide to do on his wedding night?
(a) Go to Mrs. Roberts.
(b) Work on the school's accounts.
(c) Visit in the Common Room.
(d) Listen to Flossie play piano.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so surprising about the wealthy Mrs. Beste-Chetwynde?
2. As a result of Paul's expulsion
3. What question constitutes Prendergast's doubts?
4. Mr. Pendergast dresses up for the occasion in
5. Prendergast assures Paul that he will
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)