|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Fagan surprisingly detests
(a) Both of his daughters.
(b) All celebratory events, including this one.
(c) The entire school, including the students.
(d) Sports and the two women he is expecting.
2. The candidate who interviews before Paul is
(a) Hearing impaired.
(b) Slightly sarcastic.
(d) In high demand.
3. What was Paul Pennyfeather studying to be?
(a) A professor.
(b) A solicitor.
(c) A priest.
(d) A barrister.
4. What is the rumor about Mrs. Beste-Chetwynde
(a) She poisoned her last husband.
(b) She is rich and famous.
(c) She is sister-in-law to Pastmaster.
(d) She is a South American.
5. What did the bandmaster offer to Lord Circumference?
(a) To leave the event, for a price.
(b) His sister, for a price.
(c) To play any requested songs.
(d) His band's services for a party.
6. Dr. Fagan claims that what he needs in a professor is
(c) A well-rounded background.
(d) Ability to teach.
7. A low-brow, slavering, ape-like group turns out to be
(a) The student body from another school.
(b) A group of bandits.
(c) Dinner guests at Llanabba.
(d) The silver band.
8. Upset that Grimes is already married, Dr. Fagan suggests
(a) That Paul marry Flossie.
(b) That Paul take Flossie from Llanabba.
(c) That Grimes marry Dingy, instead.
(d) That Pendergrast marry Flossie.
9. What was it that his recently fired teacher had, that Dr. Fagan seeks in a teacher?
10. What is it that brings a tear to the eye of Prendergast?
(a) His love for his pipes.
(b) The frustration of disobedient students.
(c) Paul's invitation to dinner.
(d) Grimes' rejection of him .
11. Feigning a minor hand injury, what is Paul's real reason for not playing the organ at Grimes' wedding?
(a) He is worse than Beste-Chetwynde.
(b) He is too embarrassed.
(c) He finds the sound unpleasant.
(d) He does not know how.
12. What is so surprising about the wealthy Mrs. Beste-Chetwynde?
(a) Her companion is a "negro".
(b) She has come alone.
(c) She has missed the entire event.
(d) She has a huge and beautiful car.
13. Why does Grimes reject the job offered by the Clutterbucks?
(a) He thinks the job will be worse than the one he has.
(b) He thinks they are playing a joke on him.
(c) He thinks Fagan is trying to get rid of him.
(d) He is sure that Philbrick is behind it.
14. Diana Fagan feels it would be going too far to buy
(a) Mr. Prendergast a new tie.
(b) Cakes and balloons.
(c) New flags and bunting.
(d) Fireworks and flowers.
15. During the conversation at Mrs. Roberts', Paul realizes
(a) He has fallen behind in his teaching.
(b) He has been drinking far too much.
(c) He may be in love with Mrs. Beste-Chetwynde.
(d) He may be in love with Lady Circumference.
Short Answer Questions
1. Paul Pennyfeather's parents are
2. Why does Grimes think Prendergast cannot keep order?
3. It seems that Paul will only have one profession open to him, which is that of
4. So far, we have learned that young Clutterbuck is
5. At Llanabba, Philbrick is supposedly engaged to
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)