|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Potts' letter bring to Paul?
(a) Digby-Vaine-Trumpington wants to give him money.
(b) Digby-Vaine-Trumpington wants to see him.
(c) Digby-Vaine-Trumpington wants to employ him.
(d) Digby-Vaine-Trumpington has offered him friendship.
2. What information does Paul withhold from young Beste-Chetwynde?
(a) He is a former music teacher at Scone.
(b) He once led a symphony orchestra.
(c) He was expelled for indecent behavior.
(d) He knows nothing about teaching organ lessons.
3. What was Paul Pennyfeather studying to be?
(a) A professor.
(b) A solicitor.
(c) A priest.
(d) A barrister.
4. What was it that his recently fired teacher had, that Dr. Fagan seeks in a teacher?
5. What is it that brings a tear to the eye of Prendergast?
(a) His love for his pipes.
(b) Grimes' rejection of him .
(c) Paul's invitation to dinner.
(d) The frustration of disobedient students.
Short Answer Questions
1. The charge against Paul Pennyfeather is
2. Captain Grimes, another master, has
3. Paul protects Beste-Chetwynde from trouble by
4. Mr. Prendergast is flustered with Paul's arrival because he
5. Why is Paul reluctant about Digby-Vaine-Trumpington's offer?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)