|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the topic of the argument among Prendergast, Philbrick and Cholmondley?
(b) Music, particularly jazz.
(c) Roman Catholicsm.
(d) The rood screen.
2. Mr. Prendergast seems obsessed with
(a) His mother.
(b) Dr. Fagan.
(c) The welfare of the children.
(d) His pipes.
3. What is Wilfred Lucas-Dockery's ambition?
(a) To be renowned for his work in prison reform.
(b) To be a Prison Commissioner.
(c) To be a Governor of his township.
(d) To be a famous investor of artifical sunlight.
4. Paul's walking partner
(a) Is in prison for the first time.
(b) Is a well-educated man.
(c) Has been to prison many times.
(d) Hates being in prison.
5. Prendergast tends to
(a) Tell long, meaningless stories of his past.
(b) Feel sorry for everyone else.
(c) Blame Grimes for his unhappiness.
(d) Be a good, but strange friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was it that his recently fired teacher had, that Dr. Fagan seeks in a teacher?
2. Paul protects Beste-Chetwynde from trouble by
3. The result of leaving Prendergast with the boys is that
4. Dr. Fagan claims that what he needs in a professor is
5. What can we assume about Paul's friend, Potts, at this point?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)