|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is most important in Yamata's plan to bring down America?
(a) International opinion.
2. What is the state of Japan when the novel begins?
(a) It is militarizing openly and rapidly.
(b) It's government is shaky and could fall to an unfriendly opposition.
(c) It annexed many islands that surround it.
(d) It cut off all diplomatic relations.
3. What is happening to the global stock of nuclear weapons when the novel begins?
(a) Many private companies are secretly developing these weapons.
(b) Most major countries have nuclear weapons.
(c) Both the U.S. and Russia are stockpiling weapons.
(d) Both the U.S. and Russia are disposing of their weapons.
4. With what nations does Yamata seek secret alliances?
(a) India and China.
(b) Russia and Afghanistan.
(c) South Korea and Vietnam.
(d) France and Italy.
5. According to the Japanese police, what is Kimberly Norton's cause of death?
(a) Gang violence.
(c) Drug overdose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What crime is Vice President Ed Kealty accused of committing?
2. What are "zaibatsu"?
3. Yamata's Columbus Group leads the new trend in buying what?
4. What is the former profession of the man Yamata contacts about the information regarding the Durling Administration?
5. Why do the President and Ryan go to Moscow soon after Kimberly Norton's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What goes wrong in an industrial process in Japan?
2. Describe the war games held between the U.S. and Japan.
3. How does Chavez get his news of the invasion of Saipan to the U.S. Navy?
4. What kind of software is Yamata developing in America?
5. What is the state of Yamata's nuclear preparations when Ryan and the U.S. President go to Moscow?
6. How does the Cresta accident in Tennessee occur?
7. How does Yamata react to the passing of the Trade Reform Act, and how successful is his plan?
8. What unusual rumor about Japan does FBI Director Bill Murray confirm?
9. How do Ryan and Durling react to the news of Kimberly Norton's death?
10. How does the Trade Reform Act negatively impact Japan's economy?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)