|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Clark and Chavez ordered to do just as Kimberly Norton gets killed?
(a) Get information from her.
(b) Give her vital information on Goto.
(c) Bring her into their spy ring.
(d) Get her to safety.
2. What does NTSB conclude about the cause of explosions during the Cresta accidents?
(a) The accidents were caused by sabotage.
(b) The accidents were caused by fuel-tank rusting from normal wear and tear.
(c) The accidents were caused by faulty spark-plugs.
(d) The accidents were caused by improperly treated and corroded steel.
3. What does Ryan do when he learns that the FBI is searching for Kimberly Norton?
(a) He offers to use operatives watching Goto to help.
(b) He flies to Japan immediately.
(c) He loses his temper.
(d) He orders all other work to stop to help search for her.
4. What is the CIA operative Chet Nomuri's mission?
(a) To undermine Goto's campaign.
(b) To gather information on the ziabatsu-Goto connection.
(c) To infiltrate and assassinate the ziabatsu.
(d) To kill Yamata.
5. What is the reaction of the zaibatsu to the Trade Reform Act?
(a) They panic.
(b) They scoff at it.
(c) They are unaware of the danger it puts them in.
(d) They protest it as being anti-competitive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the former profession of the man Yamata contacts about the information regarding the Durling Administration?
2. Why does Yamata tell Goto that he must get rid of his American mistress?
3. What are "zaibatsu"?
4. How does Nomuri find Kimberly Norton's home address?
5. What is the first step in Yamata's plan for responding to the Trade Reform Act?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Admiral Mike Dubro? What is his opinion on events in the Indian Ocean?
2. Why is the Trade Reform Act passed? What does it do?
3. What kind of software is Yamata developing in America?
4. How do Ryan and Durling react to the news of Kimberly Norton's death?
5. How does Yamata act on the information he gains about the Durling administration?
6. Why is Cook cautious about accepting Nagumo's offer, and why does he agree to do so?
7. Describe the first Japanese occupations and landings in the Pacific.
8. Describe the war games held between the U.S. and Japan.
9. How does Chavez get his news of the invasion of Saipan to the U.S. Navy?
10. What is Yamata's plan with regard to his dealings with Russia?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)