|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the Diet to render a no-confidence vote against Koga, the prime minister of Japan?
(a) The Japanese stock market plummets.
(b) The government debt goes out of contol.
(c) Unemployment hits record levels.
(d) Scandalous charges are brought against him.
2. What is the U.S. auto industry's response to the Trade Reform Act?
(a) They are making their own vehicles cheaper.
(b) They are making their own vehicles safer.
(c) They are protesting it as anti-competitive.
(d) They are gearing up for a resurgence.
3. Who is Chavez able to contact in the U.S. from Saipan during the initial Japanese attacks?
(a) Rear Admiral Rob Jackson.
(b) Jack Ryan.
(c) The Coast Guard.
(d) Midway Station.
4. What is the result of the initial Japanese strike against the U.S. Navy?
(a) Dozens of destroyers and a few cruisers are sunk.
(b) Two carriers are damaged and two subs are destroyed.
(c) The U.S. fleet becomes totally disorganized.
(d) Three battleships are sunk.
5. According to the Japanese police, what is Kimberly Norton's cause of death?
(a) Drug overdose.
(c) Gang violence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the state of India when the novel begins?
2. Where does Yamata's contact, Seiji Nagumo work?
3. Where does Raizo Yamata buy land?
4. What is the state of Africa when the novel begins?
5. When Ryan visits Russia, the mood is best described in which way?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Cook cautious about accepting Nagumo's offer, and why does he agree to do so?
2. How does the Cresta accident in Tennessee occur?
3. Why does Yamata think the information he gains about the Durling administration is incriminating?
4. Explain Golovko's offer to Ryan.
5. Who is Admiral Mike Dubro? What is his opinion on events in the Indian Ocean?
6. What is Ryan's first operation in his new position? How successful is it?
7. What goes wrong in an industrial process in Japan?
8. How does Chavez get his news of the invasion of Saipan to the U.S. Navy?
9. How do Ryan and Durling react to the news of Kimberly Norton's death?
10. How does the Trade Reform Act negatively impact Japan's economy?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)