|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cook agree to sell information to Nagumo?
(a) He thinks Nagumo has orders from U.S. officials.
(b) He needs money for his mother, who has terminal cancer.
(c) He needs money for a new house and college for his children.
(d) He doesn't know what information he is selling.
2. What new technology is Japan eager to test during the war games?
(a) Infrared night-vision.
(b) Satellite battlefield imagery.
(c) A new radar system.
(d) Hydroplaning attack boats.
3. What are Clark and Chavez ordered to do just as Kimberly Norton gets killed?
(a) Get information from her.
(b) Get her to safety.
(c) Bring her into their spy ring.
(d) Give her vital information on Goto.
4. Who leads the push for the Trade Reform Act?
(a) Senator Leon Haney.
(b) Representative Al Trent.
(c) Secretary Hatfield.
(d) Congressman Avery Combs.
5. What is Cook promised in exchange for his cooperation?
(b) Political power.
(d) A pardon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a Cresta?
2. What event causes the U.S. administration to plan a trip to Moscow to celebrate?
3. What is Jack Ryan's profession when the novel begins?
4. What do Japanese banks start investing in shortly after the Trade Reform Act is passed?
5. Yamata seeks information on which of the following?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)