|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are investors cautious about heavy investment in the U.S. auto industry?
(a) The Trade Reform Act is a short-term force in the market.
(b) The U.S. companies aren't competitive.
(c) The results of the Trade Reform Act are still unclear.
(d) The market is too volatile.
2. What is the state of Africa when the novel begins?
(a) It is uniting under a small number of dictators.
(b) It is becoming prosperous.
(c) It has become the world's major source of oil.
(d) It is a hotbed of coups and revolutions.
3. What is the state of Japan when the novel begins?
(a) It's government is shaky and could fall to an unfriendly opposition.
(b) It annexed many islands that surround it.
(c) It cut off all diplomatic relations.
(d) It is militarizing openly and rapidly.
4. In what way has Searls modified his program at Yamata's instruction?
(a) He encrypted its source code.
(b) He turned it into a virus.
(c) He made it undetectable.
(d) He added a "destruction device" to it.
5. What is the reaction of the zaibatsu to the Trade Reform Act?
(a) They are unaware of the danger it puts them in.
(b) They panic.
(c) They scoff at it.
(d) They protest it as being anti-competitive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the current profession of the man Yamata contacts about the information about the Durling Administration?
2. What are "zaibatsu"?
3. What is the state of the Middle-East when the novel begins?
4. What is the result of Koga's resignation?
5. What is the former profession of the man Yamata contacts about the information regarding the Durling Administration?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)